*****The Official Rangers v Scum Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

56 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He was fine. Put in some dangerous balls and didn't really do anything wrong 

The fact he isn't Barasic is a fucking bonus

One of the crosses he put in that they cleared just about for a corner.  If we had a proper forward on the pitch he'd have been there for a tap in but none of our forwards think that way and even with tap in opportunities manage to miss like Sakala.

Glad I gave this game a miss today there was only going to be one outcome 

Beale has no answers, doesn’t even look like we’re knocking on the door. They may not be his players but does he have any idea what’s needed, I have my doubts 

We gift them goals now we’ve gifted them another cup.

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye I wasn't disagreeing with your post mate. Defence is a joke as well. Sometimes it looks solid then it lets you down with stupid schoolboy errors just when you think it's looking comfortable.

Yeh I know bud, just fucking infuriating watching this team. It's been the same all season

As much as I feel we need to bin most of the current team, we really also need to address how we play the actual game. Again today, our passing at times was really slow and poor. Putting ourselves in trouble at times with it. Again a couple of hospital passes evident as well. 

We went back from breaks when there was forward pass on or space to run in to. Several times we did this during break taking sting out of our own attacks. Usual 20 passes to get over half way line. One point in 2nd half they had 3-4 passes from back to front and got a corner. We take an age to get up park. 

Our shy’s were slow, free kicks in half way line going back putting us under pressure instead of forward or even launched into their box. Tav collected a long ball out wide of their box in first half and got closed down by Maeda, instead of just hitting it off Maeda for a shy and keeping territorial advantage. He tried a drag back and put it out himself for a shoe to them.  Just so stupid to watch. And shows a real lack of game intelligence. These are all things that can be coached into players to be better. 

Big loopy corners to back post all game. Poor crosses in general as we always look to cross from about 25 yards out on the diagonal. Get to the bloody bye line. 

This is why I’m worried about Beale. I’ve not really seen the improvements in our general play. The basics if you like. 

It’s fecking demoralising at times

11 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Some issues sum it up for me. 

Sakala, horrendous miss. (And disgusting footballer).

Raskin abysmal error. 

Bench was dire. Nobody is worried that those subs are coming on.

The reality is we are a season or so behind them. 

and probably 1 trophy ahead of them 

22 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Hope Ryan Kent gets out of Johnston's pocket for his pishy transfer in the summer. Rancid fucking fraud of a footballer.

Our midfield doesn't make enough in these games and I'm fucking telling you now that in 6 months time we will not have a better side or midfield. 

Our midfield is the very least of our worries.

Its the front 3 who are the main issue. Across our starting front three we have had 27 goals in all competitions - compare that to theirs - 51. Our front 3 have scored less than the bowlcut alone. 

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Our midfield is the very least of our worries.

Its the front 3 who are the main issue. Across our starting front three we have had 27 goals in all competitions - compare that to theirs - 51. Our front 3 have scored less than the bowlcut alone. 

It's almost as big a problem as well the rest of the squad. Look at how long they maintain attacks for. Look at how we work the ball and then either aimlessly cross or give it away. 

I appreciate our midfield is the best of a bad bunch but it doesn't create enough and who, in the summer, is changing that?? I hope it's the front 3 to a huge extent, what we have now is not enough. 

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We gift them goals now we’ve gifted them another cup.

Obviously the defensive fuck up's do not help, but quite frankly I do not think we are even good enough to be in a position to gift anyone anything. It is not as if we are in a position of dominance with only our own mistakes to blame for not winning every game we play.

Not good enough, plain and simple, a situation that we are going to have to get used to as no bored Saudi Prince is coming over the horizon to our rescue.

21 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

It's almost as big a problem as well the rest of the squad. Look at how long they maintain attacks for. Look at how we work the ball and then either aimlessly cross or give it away. 

I appreciate our midfield is the best of a bad bunch but it doesn't create enough and who, in the summer, is changing that?? I hope it's the front 3 to a huge extent, what we have now is not enough. 

Its really not. Our midfield more than matched theirs today and was probably one of the very few plus points to take from the game. Cantwell was our best player and Lundstram and Raskin were both solid.  We also need to get rid of about 4 or 5 midfielders who are sitting about drawing wages and never playing in the likes of Davis, Kamara, Jack and Arfield before we even think about adding numbers there.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Its really not. Our midfield more than matched theirs today and was probably one of the very few plus points to take from the game. Cantwell was our best player and Lundstram and Raskin were both solid.  We also need to get rid of about 4 or 5 midfielders who are sitting about drawing wages and never playing in the likes of Davis, Kamara, Jack and Arfield before we even think about adding numbers there.

3 of them are out of contract and I'll be shocked if Kamara is still here after August.

29 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Sure but they didn't create anything. That's fine if you match them in a defensive sense, but who's providing for the attack? Our midfield didn't offer enough IMO.

It's the least of our problems, but I think that is faint praise. The midfield needs to be ready to defend and actually provide chances. Our front three are the worst part of our squad but as usual, our creative play today basically was: get the ball wide and hope someone arriving at the back post will do something.

It's not good enough.

Scunnered with that result today they were shit overall we should have destroyed them once again it's basic errors that gift them another fucking goal .

We aren't imposing ourselves enough in the final third despite hitting the post and bar it's the extra things off the ball that make the difference something we've let slip big time in the final third .

Raskin for me was really good not many others  these disjointed team performances sum up where this team are at had they been more effective we would have ragdolled those spawnny bastards today.

Kent I wouldn't even have given him a game caught in possession umpteen times yet again can't wait till yes gone sums up the last two years even accounting for some euro performances domestically he typifies the lazy arse attitude that has been festering through this team knowing they will be playing next game be it through managerial naivety or forced injuries him and a few others stopped delivering a long time ago and his fucking stroppy attitude should have been nipped in the bud as far back às SG but injuries and other factors should have saw the likes of him fucking bombed from the first team collectively they've failed themselves and their team mates and the sooner the squad is gutted the fucking better.

5 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

The defensive errors will take all the headlines today..... but honestly how the fuck did he miss this? :ang:

I fully believe if that goes in, we go on to win that game. 

Jesus wept. That miss really is grim. I thought it was a bad miss at the game, but those angles on TV make it look even worse. He did the same in the LCF too. Player with no composure whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Davidorrp said:

As much as I feel we need to bin most of the current team, we really also need to address how we play the actual game. Again today, our passing at times was really slow and poor. Putting ourselves in trouble at times with it. Again a couple of hospital passes evident as well. 

We went back from breaks when there was forward pass on or space to run in to. Several times we did this during break taking sting out of our own attacks. Usual 20 passes to get over half way line. One point in 2nd half they had 3-4 passes from back to front and got a corner. We take an age to get up park. 

Our shy’s were slow, free kicks in half way line going back putting us under pressure instead of forward or even launched into their box. Tav collected a long ball out wide of their box in first half and got closed down by Maeda, instead of just hitting it off Maeda for a shy and keeping territorial advantage. He tried a drag back and put it out himself for a shoe to them.  Just so stupid to watch. And shows a real lack of game intelligence. These are all things that can be coached into players to be better. 

Big loopy corners to back post all game. Poor crosses in general as we always look to cross from about 25 yards out on the diagonal. Get to the bloody bye line. 

This is why I’m worried about Beale. I’ve not really seen the improvements in our general play. The basics if you like. 

It’s fecking demoralising at times

Agree. Have concerns that we will buy players for a system that really has been sussed. We get the basics wrong so many times. Who is questioning why we are so slow going forward?