A year ago today...

I still feel gutted that we never won the final in Seville but the unbelievable times we had on that crazy run were unforgettable. Ibrox absolutely bouncing against Braga and Liepzig stick out for me like I'm sure they do everyone else.

I'll take the moment that Aribo put us 1-0 up in the final to my grave. Complete and utter euphoria surrounded in the pub with my mates.

43 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I can’t watch that

Aribo’s goal in Seville is the happiest moment of my life. Euphoria.

as much as it was brilliant, I honestly couldn’t really enjoy the match after it as I knew we had one hand on the trophy but deep down sadly I knew it was only one hand 

The best moment I’ve ever had at Ibrox, hands down. The elation knowing that we had made it, and that I already had a ticket as we got two in the UEFA ballot was just incredible. I walked back to my motor in a state of shock and euphoria. 

Of course fast forward a couple of weeks and the feeling after Aribo scored tops it, but the devastation of not winning the final still chokes me. Straight back on a bus to the airport, the most subdued flight I’ve ever had the misfortune of being on.

15 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I watched this with my wee boy and my auld boy. Everyone of us were in baws of tears at the end of the game. I still get goosebumps watching this back. That full night me and my dad were telling my wee guy the magnitude of what we done whilst sitting up late getting pished on a school night and letting him stay up and watch videos of Rangers from the past whilst reading all the articles from around the world about our achievement in getting to a major European final. That's what fitba does.

Last month I lost my da. Whatever the fuck happens I'll always have that night and with or without him passing, you try and tell me this means fuck all 🙂

Sorry to hear that about your old man mate 

1 hour ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Was one of the greatest nights in the club's history that we all got to witness live. Mental if that means nothing to you.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

It’s really not.

Best night ever plus the 2 week build up was superb.

Only cringe if you weren’t actually there

Makes it worse knowing we were so close to winning it, still feels too raw considering what's happened this season. 

After Manchester we dominated domestically for the following 3 years, but the comedown from Seville has been monumentally depressing.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Congratulations mate

Thank you my man. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Makes it worse knowing we were so close to winning it, still feels too raw considering what's happened this season. 

After Manchester we dominated domestically for the following 3 years, but the comedown from Seville has been monumentally depressing.

Thank you my man. 

Not sure how any of that means it meant nothing.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Can't watch it yet. Still fucking ruins me that we didn't win it. 

I'll comeback to it all some day and watch it all, but I've said that about 2008s final too, and I've never seen that game or highlights since.

I've not rewatched a single second of it no replays nothing. Saw it only with my own eyes. No recollection of "Goldson's mistake" or how close Kent was at the end.

I will sit and watch it one day, maybe not be as sore after the one year anniversary. 

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

My mate had a party for the game and I genuinely nearly passed out from bouncing about and screaming. My head started pounding and I went dizzy. I've never felt anything like that before in sport.

Cried like fuck for the next 5 minutes after it, genuinely couldn’t stop

Best footballing night of my life. 

Used to be Leeds, Marseilles, all the old OF games of the late 80s and early 90s, the Edu late goal winner and the Sheep in 91 that I'd have called the best atmospheres, but it's Leipzig I say now. 

Definitely bitter-sweet now though, for a few reasons.

Honestly that night is what it’s all about being a rangers fan ,  will live long in my memory but I still think braga at home was slightly better for noise during the game there was more tension during the Leipzig game as we were on the cusp of a final