Alfie’s booking

RFC55

Now I was at the game, it seemed like the ref turned round seen it was him and ran back to book him, 4 hearts players got away with murder first half without bookings but fouls awarded.

from where I sit it seemed a perfectly good tackle, was it bad? Did he deserve it or was it just cause it www Alfie he was  booked? 

Just now, RFC55 said:

Now I was at the game, it seemed like the ref turned round seen it was him and ran back to book him, 4 hearts players got away with murder first half without bookings but fouls awarded.

from where I sit it seemed a perfectly good tackle, was it bad? Did he deserve it or was it just cause it www Alfie he was  booked? 

Tbf he probably deserved the booking, tried to pull out, but he still took the boy out with his knee on the follow through.

Wasn't overly dangerous but probably a yellow.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Tbf he probably deserved the booking, tried to pull out, but he still took the boy out with his knee on the follow through.

Was it worse than the 4 non bookings for hearts in the first half?

one was fucking assault?  

Just now, Loyal72 said:

May be wrong but looked like fuck all contact. Very Harsh booking for me.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Nah I initially thought that as well, thought he'd managed to pull out in time, but it showed the other angle and his knee took him right out the game.

Just now, RFC55 said:

Was it worse than the 4 non bookings for hearts in the first half?

one was fucking assault?  

Probably not to be honest. Thought the referee was very inconsistent, especially considering I thought their first goal was offside with Tav behind the keeper etc.

But looking at Morelos' I wouldn't have said it was harsh individually, but holding it against the others I'd agree it was a bit unjust.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

His knee went hard into the players shin. He was out of control. Not a shocking challenge but a little wild and a yellow. I think the issue is that other challenges go unpunished.

Just now, Master_Betty said:

His knee went hard into the players shin. He was out of control. Not a shocking challenge but a little wild and a yellow. I think the issue is that other challenges go unpunished.

Seemed when the red turned he seen who it was so booked him for that 

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Seemed when the red turned he seen who it was so booked him for that 

I don't doubt that was part of the refs logic. But given how weirdly early he went in with a two footed challenge then I think a yellow was coming as soon as he made contact. The fact its Morelos just seems to make it that bit easier for refs to book him, but in this case I think it was still a yellow.

100% booking. Weirdest attempt at a tackle I've ever seen. Legs akimbo but crucially both feet off the ground so definite booking. Contact doesn't matter despite some on the match thread rightfully saying that there wasn't a lot of contact. I wrote forwards tackle lol.

In isolation the booking was correct IMO but as usual there was inconsistency in the rules. Off the top of my head Cantwell got wiped out in the first 5 minutes in similar fashion with no more that a talking to for the Hearts player.

BTW if there is actually any conspiracy then this is what kills us more than anything else. Opposition always seem to get away with murder against us. It's the niggly fouls more that don't get given more than serious ones which should receive cards.

20 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

BTW if there is actually any conspiracy then this is what kills us more than anything else. Opposition always seem to get away with murder against us. It's the niggly fouls more that don't get given more than serious ones which should receive cards.

This 100%.

With a few obvious exceptions (Lundstrum red v Hibs and Morelos’ disallowed goal v them jump to mind this year) there are very few big decisions that I look at and think we massively get done over with.

As you say it’s the number of persistent fouls we face, or the number of heavy tackles we receive in the first 10 minutes that go without a yellow and the first yellow is to us for something way below what has gone previous that does my head in.

Prime example today was Yilmaz getting booked for pulling the boy back. Clear as day yellow and no real complaints other than Shankland tried (and failed) to bring down Sakala in pretty much the same situation 15/20 minutes later. Ref plays advantage but then doesn’t go back and book Shankland.

1 minute ago, rossco87 said:

This 100%.

With a few obvious exceptions (Lundstrum red v Hibs and Morelos’ disallowed goal v them jump to mind this year) there are very few big decisions that I look at and think we massively get done over with.

As you say it’s the number of persistent fouls we face, or the number of heavy tackles we receive in the first 10 minutes that go without a yellow and the first yellow is to us for something way below what has gone previous that does my head in.

Prime example today was Yilmaz getting booked for pulling the boy back. Clear as day yellow and no real complaints other than Shankland tried (and failed) to bring down Sakala in pretty much the same situation 15/20 minutes later. Ref plays advantage but then doesn’t go back and book Shankland.

100% mate but I think the ref did play advantage and then book the Hearts player. Wasn't shankland but Rowles. Some cunt got booked anyway 😂

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

100% mate but I think the ref did play advantage and then book the Hearts player. Wasn't shankland but Rowles. Some cunt got booked anyway 😂

Nah definitely didn’t on the one I was thinking of as I was going tonto at him for not booking Shankland 😂 

Felt the booking was coming tbf, he was getting involved with a lot of stupid nonsense with Naismith. Was probably lucky not to be booked for his reaction after we scored as a lot of other refs would've. There was a period I thought he was trying to sign off with a red card 😂

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Felt the booking was coming tbf, he was getting involved with a lot of stupid nonsense with Naismith. Was probably lucky not to be booked for his reaction after we scored as a lot of other refs would've. There was a period I thought he was trying to sign off with a red card 😂

Naismith is a horrible wee cunt and I wish Alfie had went two footed on his knees 

7 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Thought he jumped in a bit but realised it last minute and ended up blocking their player, bit clumsy probably a yellow in a normal game, however with Beaton being a fucking clown I was surprised he didn’t show red.

How he’s still a ref is beyond belief, loses control of every game and erratic decisions and cards throughout.