The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What's genuinely embarrassing is we could be out of the title race after the first derby of the season. 

What alot of shite.

edit: after going away and thinking about this, it sort of sums up alot of the mentality issues our fan base seems to have developed recently. 
34 games to play and at worst 4 points behind, and the leagues over. Incredible.

14 minutes ago, WWTC said:

What alot of shite.

edit: after going away and thinking about this, it sort of sums up alot of the mentality issues our fan base seems to have developed recently. 
34 games to play and at worst 4 points behind, and the leagues over. Incredible.

Psychologically we won't recover, the core of this squad have proven time and time again they can't cut it when it comes down to the wire,can throw our manager into that as well. 

5 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Because if we're spending money now, that we hope to re coup with European football after X mass, and there is no European football after X-mass, then we have over spent.

Firstly, I think you’ve missed his point. The point was we dont budget for Champions League football.

Secondly, you cant say we’ve over spent based on Europa League football after xmas when it’s September and we’re literally a day out of the draw. 

And lastly, if we dont have European football after xmas given the draw we’ve just had, with 3rd place dropping into the conference, then we’re in serious shit. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Psychologically we won't recover, the core of this squad have proven time and time again they can't cut it when it comes down to the wire,can throw our manager into that as well. 

There’s a difference between acknowledging it being a difficult task, and actually conceding a title 4 games in. Back to embarrassing levels.

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What's genuinely embarrassing is we could be out of the title race after the first derby of the season. 

We wouldn't be out of a title race if the board pull the trigger on Beale and get a competent manager in.

Just now, WWTC said:

There’s a difference between acknowledging it being a difficult task, and actually conceding a title 4 games in. Back to embarrassing levels.

We've not won a big game domestically since the Scottish Cup Final against Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Support is so easily pleased. 

I slways wait a certain length of time before I hail anycunt a superstar or a dud....fuck me McCoist was rotten in his first season.....if social media was around back then I have no idea what would have been written about him:lol:

13 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We wouldn't be out of a title race if the board pull the trigger on Beale and get a competent manager in.

Beale Imo looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights on Wednesday night once psv got their act together and looked almost resigned to what was coming.

37 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Let's hope we win. 

They would only be 4 points in front of they won, but none of our summer signings have shone. That's what worries me.

If/when they do it may be too late. 

If we can't beat the filth at home when they are playing shite alarm bells will ring.

Beale must win it to restore confidence. 

He can't talk his way out of that scenario. 

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Let's hope we win. 

They would only be 4 points in front of they won, but none of our summer signings have shone. That's what worries me.

If/when they do it may be too late. 

If we can't beat the filth at home when they are playing shite alarm bells will ring.

Beale must win it to restore confidence. 

He can't talk his way out of that scenario. 

This 👍

37 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Firstly, I think you’ve missed his point. The point was we dont budget for Champions League football.

Secondly, you cant say we’ve over spent based on Europa League football after xmas when it’s September and we’re literally a day out of the draw. 

And lastly, if we dont have European football after xmas given the draw we’ve just had, with 3rd place dropping into the conference, then we’re in serious shit. 

Perhaps I did miss his point.  But I think it's dangerous to budget for something that isn't guaranteed.

As fans, we can say this or that should happen, but that's not the same as spending money based on what could or even should happen

42 minutes ago, WWTC said:

EL money is a bawhair away from CL now for us if we win a few EL games 

And conference cup isnt europa league, so if we finish 3rd and drop to that, post xmas we arent making the euro money we budgetted for

Actually think his press conference was fine today.

Said all the things we probably want to hear, maybe apart from Matondo and Lawrence being the 'Kent replacement'. Putting aside a few of the OF games last season where he completely disappeared, Kent was the closest thing we had to a big game player over the past few seasons and I can't see Matondo and Lawrence replicating some of that on Sunday. Of course I hope I'm wrong.