*****Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers thread*****

graeme_4

5 minutes ago, ForeverBlue92 said:

Totally agree mate, however I can't for the life of me work out what we are actually trying to do.

We keep the ball pretty well but other than that we look completely devoid of ideas and incredibly slow.

I think Beale is trying to make a possession based team that tippy taps around defences but we don’t know our roles yet and I’m not sure Beale does. At least the filth have a style.

However, I said before KO it is all about the points and keeping players fit today. I hope Danilo scores a screamer from outside the box. Or anyone, for that matter.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

We'll come good but it's going to take a number of weeks. Right now it's all about putting 3 points on the board any which way we can.

In fairness our potentially 2 best players are for some unknown reason on the bench and we’ve got a guy that was past his sell by 2 summers ago playing left back but it looks like a worrying early sign our lack of any kind of discernible plan/style.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall during our team meetings about the opposition, Beale is meant to be some kind of tactical mastermind but it looks like we just chuck 11 players out and hope for the best 

Can have all the best strikers on the pitch at the same time but they need to be fed. There is no creativity. Raskin and Lundstram are sitting mids. Cantwell maybe the key but it's going to continue to be a problem. Our most forward thinking/moving player in the half was Souttar.

I'm genuinely never this worried this early.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

It was always a poor decision to choose Lundstram over Cantwell.  We need quality on the ball and movement which Cantwell added to the team.  I really don't know what Lundstram adds...

him and Goldson bullying Beale to get on 

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Back to middle we're absolutely fine, controlled things well and Butland has had nothing to do.

Middle to front we need a lot more. I think things are very safe and all in front of Kilmarnock. Dowell has had to be the key in terms of being that third man on either the left or the right to link up Tav/Lammers or Sima/Barisic and stretch Kilmarnock.

JL hasn't been bad by any stretch of the imagination but I'd take him out for Cantwell. Push Kilmarnock back and take advantage of all that possession we've had so far.

Right, we'll have less of that sensible posting on the matchday thread please. 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Doesnt matter how many players are brought in , Beale has no clue on how to play high tempo football.

Square ball back passing shite is all hes ever done.

This. 

The mentality is slow probing football, recycle, probe, recycle, probe etc etc then lose a 50/50.

It's not quite as bad as the horseshoe but it's fucking close.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Every single team defends narrow against the old firm, pace and width they cannot handle, we need something out wide on both sides, sima is a winger so stick him wide, feed him the ball and let him attack the fullback, do the same on the other side and kille will start to stretch allowing guys like lammers more space to operate

Sima spent pretty much all of last season as a striker.

Beale's went heavy on bringing in central strikers, so we've got very little width in the team now.