The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

11 minutes ago, stevemac said:

hardly mismanaged, he was a known injury prone player when we signed him, when he was leaving leeds that was the only reason he didn't make it to a bigger club, when he's fit he's an EPL level player, he's just never fit long enough to play consistently at the elite level.

He played 123 games for Leeds in 3 years.

4 hours ago, B1872 said:

He signed the players though that aren’t performing. We spent the majority of our budget on Lammers and Dessers - when everyone is fit these guys won’t even start. That tells you he’s fucked up and that fuck up will cost us going forward as no one will buy them off us. Folk sticking up for him need to look at the facts instead of living in some sort of dream world.

But they’re performing well as a team for 45 mins, then dropping off. That was my point, I don’t see how that’s MB fault.

The players he’s signed have been very poor for the most part I completely agree, and that’s entirely on him.

If Beale doesn’t win the league cup without falling further behind in the league he should be kicked up the staircase and launched from the club deck. 

Scunnered with the general acceptance of mediocrity about the club now. We need to be back winning silverware consistently.

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

If Beale doesn’t win the league cup without falling further behind in the league he should be kicked up the staircase and launched from the club deck. 

Scunnered with the general acceptance of mediocrity about the club now. We need to be back winning silverware consistently.

It was a mediocre appointment, I think a lot of our support now have got used to being second best and it doesn't upset them.

Another issue I have is that you probably could have hand picked the start and we are still trailing already. Rugby Park is a bit of a bogey ground but that's it. celtic have, in their first 6 league games went to Pittodrie, Ibrox and Almondvale (a traditionally tough ground for them). 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

It was a mediocre appointment, I think a lot of our support now have got used to being second best and it doesn't upset them.

I just keep telling myself if we throw enough shite at the wall eventually something will stick, unfortunately it seems to be the philosophy of the board as well.

3 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I just keep telling myself if we throw enough shite at the wall eventually something will stick, unfortunately it seems to be the philosophy of the board as well.

When we went from Gerrard then to Gio we moved forward with both coaches moving us in the right direction it was madness to take two steps back and go for Beale.

Just now, Smile said:

When we went from Gerrard then to Gio we moved forward with both coaches moving us in the right direction it was madness to take two steps back and go for Beale.

We need winners, people who have a history of consistently winning and being competitive anywhere, people who are used to pressure of high expectations.

As someone else pointed out, we sacked Gio and half his staff walked into jobs with top clubs in Europe and we replaced them with a stramash of shite from the championship downwards.

Shite in, Shite out so they say.

50 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

This will be Roofe's final season with us. Out of contract next year. A failed gamble at end of the day.

He was a huge part of us winning the league and was very important his first 2 seasons.

Obviously the last 18-24 months have been a mess but you can't call him a failed gamble. He's probably been one of our better signings in the last 5 years (although there's not much competition).

15 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

He was a huge part of us winning the league and was very important his first 2 seasons.

Obviously the last 18-24 months have been a mess but you can't call him a failed gamble. He's probably been one of our better signings in the last 5 years (although there's not much competition).

It's definitely going to be a case of what could have been with Roofe if he hadn't his injuries. 

I would say he's been a gamble worth taking, as when he's fit and is able to put together a consitent run of games, he's bt far the best striker in the league. As someone said earlier, he's EPL quality. 

24 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Still missed 29 games before we signed him through injury - in the 2 years prior to us signing him he was out for almost a full year

His Anderlecht injury record obviously wasn't anything to do with why he didn't get a bigger move from Leeds though.

45 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

His Anderlecht injury record obviously wasn't anything to do with why he didn't get a bigger move from Leeds though.

TBF the bigger move from Leeds comment was just on hearsay so I'll give you that, few of my family & friends support Leeds and that was their consensus. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If we know he’s injury prone then we should be managing his minutes and appearances appropriately.

We haven’t really done that in recent weeks because we have no other options who are proven quality.

People predicted this would happen weeks ago. 

Or just don’t sign him when we know he’s injury prone. That would work as well.

He record at Leeds wasn’t as bad as some would have you believe but Anderlecht only managed to get 3 months out of him because he was injured that much and we still decided to pay a decent fee for him.

Brilliant striker when fit but he’s made of biscuits and it’s been a bit of a disaster of a signing if we’re honest.