Who'd you give the job to?

RangersMedia

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Hate this outlook.

Why does it have to be one or the other?!

Because I think to blow away the shite in this league you have to have them playing a particular style that is a bit gung-ho.

Just swarm them up front and bombard them and look to score about 4 goals a game.

You cant just have a team doing that for 40 odd games a season and then have them seamlessly transition into playing a containing style in 6 European games a year.

Same reason why they blew everyone away under Fat Ange and got battered from pillar to post in Europe.

Someone who wants no friends and wants wins.

Someone players fear and don't want to let down.

Someone that has incredibly high standards

Someone who can be truthful with the fans

Someone who loves attacking fast aggressive football

Someone that can develop and find a player

Someone who knows how to change a game and the timing of proper substitutions 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

kjetil knutsen

Is he still doing a decent job? Thought I heard his team were away to shite in the league?

Not sure if this is a negative or positive from him, but I think all the players who looked like superstars in his Bodo team have all flopped where they have went.

Possibly a sign he can get a team playing well beyond their means. Either that or they all just hit a mad amazing patch at the same time and are now reverting to type.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Is he still doing a decent job? Thought I heard his team were away to shite in the league?

Not sure if this is a negative or positive from him, but I think all the players who looked like superstars in his Bodo team have all flopped where they have went.

Possibly a sign he can get a team playing well beyond their means. Either that or they all just hit a mad amazing patch at the same time and are now reverting to type.

Joint top of the Norwegian league. Looks like his teams score a lot of goals. 

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They are joint top of the league after twenty games this season. I think they finished second last season but all I know is he has one gear and that's attack. Might no be the best shout but I'd fucking take anyone else in that dugout next game.

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sitting top of their league the now on GD. 

Last season was poor for them after winning league 2 in a row. 

If its getting a team playing beyond it's means it would suit us. Any manger coming in is going to have to work with what he has. 

Only thing is knutsen has knocked back a lot of job offers. He might be settled and not keen on a move. 

I dont know why but Knutsen just has the sort of feel that he's suited to that club and I'm not convinced he'd be able to replicate what he has done at a club like ours. 

I'm obviously basing this on the very little I know about him, so could be totally wrong.

3 hours ago, superallysbears said:

We can't afford a big name, if he is sacked it'll be something closer to home.

Agree...as long as it's not fooking McIness...he had his chance and snubbed us. Shouldnt even be on the shortlist if it does happen.

Irrespective, we need someone, some coont who knows the Scottish game and knows the club.

I'd  personally like to see someone like Neil McCann....maybe not as a team coach but in there in some capacity

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Why the fuck is Knedsen still at Bodo?

Surely to fuck if he is doing as good as everyone seems to think that clubs must have been after him?

The fact he is still there and a completely logical choice makes me wonder "what the fuck is wrong with him?"

Probably argues with hs board about who has a penis and who dosnt when the obvious answer is well, obvious....

3 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Probably argues with hs board about who has a penis and who dosnt when the obvious answer is well, obvious....

Why would he argue about that with his board?

Surely he’d just talk about budgets, contracts, that kind of thing?