***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

Just now, shaka said:

Respectfully disagree.  I thought Roofe got into some good positions but wasn't picked out by teammates.   Had plenty of decent passes and should've had a goal which didn't look offside to me even when VAR contrived to make it look offside it still didn't look offside. 

It was shown for about a second and then pulled. I thought the rule was if the lines are touching it is a goal?

Gutted about Danilo we really need Roofe to stay fit now. Lawrence looks capable of contributing big in Cantwells absence. Getting bullied by Stevie May should dispell any lingering notion that Davies can be a successful Rangers centre half. Overall we are labouring and you have to wonder if a more established manager would get more out the group. 

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

Respectfully disagree.  I thought Roofe got into some good positions but wasn't picked out by teammates.   Had plenty of decent passes and should've had a goal which didn't look offside to me even when VAR contrived to make it look offside it still didn't look offside. 

Would you say the same about Dessers getting into good positions? Or ignore it?

1 minute ago, Cadman said:

Take the goals, take the points but our finishing leaves a lot to be desired ,,, I've said it before, how can players, who get paid handsomely to play the game, not get the ball on target every time?

Because the best players in the world don't get it on target every time.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

It was shown for about a second and then pulled. I thought the rule was if the lines are touching it is a goal?

To me it also looked like the lines were drawn from about half of their defenders foot.  They were at least level but very likely the defender was actually further back than the line they drew.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

To me it also looked like the lines were drawn from about half of their defenders foot.  They were at least level but very likely the defender was actually further back than the line they drew.

Presumably this can easily be confirmed after the match to see whether the VAR team messed it up.

Opinion hasn’t changed a bit after today. Seen nothing in terms of style of play. Game could’ve comfortably finished 1-1. Another new formation today which just tells me he’s all over the place in his thinking. 
If you’re playing a 4231 start Sima and Matondo wide and have Lawrence behind a striker. If that’s what you want to do. Lammers, Roofe and Lawrence behind a striker is too slow. 

2 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Would you say the same about Dessers getting into good positions? Or ignore it?

I think Dessers is less effective at it so far.  Roofe has a good touch and brings other into the game well and can score despite now having two goals wrongfully taken off him so far this season.