Anyone know the story about our Kitman leaving.

Bears r us

18 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I wish I had never started this thread to be honest.   :craphead:

I only ever have a quick look at FF (not a member) just to see if they are discussing the same as we are and this time I was looking to see if they were speaking about M B, and they were.

I have read on here when the transfer windows are open that Empire from FF normally had good info, so when I noticed the Kit Man thread and read what he and others were saying I took it in good faith that Jim McA had been done badly to by Bisgrove/Club.

@Loyal72 posted one of Empires posts on the first page of this thread and gives a fair indication that many at Rangers and Jimmy Bell's family, feel Jim was treated badly and for someone who was a huge Rangers fan it must have been really bad to deal with. 

Unfortunately the thread was closed on FF so cannot go back and see any more posts, but one post seemed to suggest that Bisgrove 'allegedly' accused Jim of taking or selling some of Jimmy Bells stuff and that was the start of Jim leaving, not sure if he left or was sacked. 

There is always two sides to every story, but at the moment I am believing that Jim did nothing that he was accused of doing, if it goes to court or tribunal then we will find out then no doubt.

Jimmy Bell's family wouldn't be pissed off with Bisgrove if it were true McAllister was stealing his memorabilia.

We are a complete shambles from top to bottom. Few rumours floating about that Bisgrove is reluctant to employ Rangers fans into high positions, how the fuck can that be a smart move?

All the investment that has went into Blue Sky Lounge and I know two companies already chucking it for next year because the service has been abysmal. A company ran by absolute morons from the top down.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Aside from this kit man issue, it has to be said that Bisgrove has really excelled in increasing our commercial revenue.   What is it that makes someone a spiv in our fans' eyes?   I've never met the guy and so far not heard from anyone who has had any meaningful contact with him.

Spiv is entirely wrong in this instance. The Spivs were the individuals who were looking to use the club for personal gain and didn't give a toss how much that damaged the club.

Bisgrove is an employee who has had a promotion into a far bigger job. Whether he's the right man for that can be debated but he's not a spiv.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I wish I had never started this thread to be honest.   :craphead:

I only ever have a quick look at FF (not a member) just to see if they are discussing the same as we are and this time I was looking to see if they were speaking about M B, and they were.

I have read on here when the transfer windows are open that Empire from FF normally had good info, so when I noticed the Kit Man thread and read what he and others were saying I took it in good faith that Jim McA had been done badly to by Bisgrove/Club.

@Loyal72 posted one of Empires posts on the first page of this thread and gives a fair indication that many at Rangers and Jimmy Bell's family, feel Jim was treated badly and for someone who was a huge Rangers fan it must have been really bad to deal with. 

Unfortunately the thread was closed on FF so cannot go back and see any more posts, but one post seemed to suggest that Bisgrove 'allegedly' accused Jim of taking or selling some of Jimmy Bells stuff and that was the start of Jim leaving, not sure if he left or was sacked. 

There is always two sides to every story, but at the moment I am believing that Jim did nothing that he was accused of doing, if it goes to court or tribunal then we will find out then no doubt.

It's a decent thread Empire usually posts good information.

23 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

We are a complete shambles from top to bottom. Few rumours floating about that Bisgrove is reluctant to employ Rangers fans into high positions, how the fuck can that be a smart move?

All the investment that has went into Blue Sky Lounge and I know two companies already chucking it for next year because the service has been abysmal. A company ran by absolute morons from the top down.

BE992E8E-DF93-4909-A17B-90A8D0214350.thumb.jpeg.2bc69ac70f0fbcb1d13b4b7b88dce4d9.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

This, 

I think at a senior level we shouldn't necessarily employ Rangers fans but I think at both senior management and board level we should be looking at grooming ex-players with a bit of intelligence about them for jobs. 

Clubs like Bayern and Ajax have been run by ex-players with business and management nous for years. We have no real top level football experience anywhere in the club above the manager. This used to be the way at Rangers with the likes of James Bowie, George Brown, Alan Morton and Willie Waddell.

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’d rather employ the absolute best person for the job.
Folks still hankering after the “jobs for the boys” culture is mental and leads to blazer chasers

I'd rather someone that knows the club and has the clubs best interest at heart. Rangers has a huge fan base and I think we should make the most of that.

Avoiding fans or ex players screams to me that they don't want anyone to find out how much of a shit show it actually is.

I also think there is more to the Souness thing that meets the eye. I would have had him no where near DOF but he would certainly have offered something.

2 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'd rather someone that knows the club and has the clubs best interest at heart. Rangers has a huge fan base and I think we should make the most of that.

Avoiding fans or ex players screams to me that they don't want anyone to find out how much of a shit show it actually is.

I also think there is more to the Souness thing that meets the eye. I would have had him no where near DOF but he would certainly have offered something.

Half this forum know the club and have the clubs best interests at heart, bet you they would be an absolute riot in any sort of senior management position

7 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

So you would employ a Bournemouth fan?

look, there’s more people that don’t like football than do. We start shrinking our talent pool by checking folks season tickets or asking them what school they went to we are headed for trouble. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So you would employ a Bournemouth fan?

look, there’s more people that don’t like football than do. We start shrinking our talent pool by checking folks season tickets or asking them what school they went to we are headed for trouble. 

"I'm a great believer you can never have enough football people around the place.

"I look at the likes - and the most recent example would be Todd Boehly at Chelsea - coming in and not having any football knowledge around him and they made loads of mistakes.

"Ed Woodward at Man Utd after Fergie left he was making all the big football calls and look how well they did with that.

"Look at Mohshiri at Everton, they had Ellis Short at Sunderland and Mel Morris at Derby, there is a whole litany of smart people going into football clubs and not getting it right.

"But I wish them all the best. This is my team.

Can't help but agree with the above.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Good summation tbf. So far all we’ve got is speculation, or people saying they know stuff but can’t say it.

Hopefully sorted out for both the club and Jim’s sake.

Be surprised if our CEO was in a dingdong with the guy who organises the kit, and wanted to unfairly force him out and then accused him of stealing / selling gear on the side - but you never know with Rangers. 

:thumbup:

It is very difficult to know at the moment, but I suppose it will come out at some point, especially if it does end up in court.