Anyone know the story about our Kitman leaving.

Bears r us

I've no idea why the kitman is away and nobody on this thread has offered any real clarity.    Any guy like Bisgrove would be unpopular with our fans because of his general demeanour.  I'm not defending him or blaming him on this subject as there just isn't enough information.    I'd find it difficult to believe that the players all dislike him as I'd expect he will have next to no contact with the players on a regular basis.   Just my opinion.  

Total aside but I would have taken McAlister as a player when we were in the lower leagues.

Loves the clubs, had played all of his career in the leagues at the point and would have absolutely run through walls for us. 

Went on the establish himself as a decent top end championship/lower end SPFL player when he left Morton too so would easily have done a job for us three or four years on a fraction of the wage that some of the donkeys we brought in did.

8 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I thought Bisgrove was doing OK (apart from the M B situation) but what I was reading there is hellish.

Did the tour recently and was told bisgrove is decent but tells fans what they want to hear... Said a lot more but dont want to say on here. 

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Total aside but I would have taken McAlister as a player when we were in the lower leagues.

Loves the clubs, had played all of his career in the leagues at the point and would have absolutely run through walls for us. 

Went on the establish himself as a decent top end championship/lower end SPFL player when he left Morton too so would easily have done a job for us three or four years on a fraction of the wage that some of the donkeys we brought in did.

That should have been the case rather than wasting hundreds of thousands on overpaid dross. Guys like him, Derek Lyle should have been brought in with the youth to bring us up the leagues. Doesn't mean we couldn't have taken a couple of players like Nicky Law down etc at the time. But all the Cribari's etc was madness.

17 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

That should have been the case rather than wasting hundreds of thousands on overpaid dross. Guys like him, Derek Lyle should have been brought in with the youth to bring us up the leagues. Doesn't mean we couldn't have taken a couple of players like Nicky Law down etc at the time. But all the Cribari's etc was madness.

What we really needed in the Scottish League 2 was a 32yr old Brazilian CB with 12yrs of Serie A experience.

I used to go on football manager editor and remove a wee teams players (always East Stirling), and replace them with guys on expired contracts just to see what happened...... that model should never have became an actual recruitment model for a real club.

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Alot of stuff being said on twitter now. If thats the reason then its clearly bullshit from Bisgrove. Also looks like Jim wasn't the only one forced out recently by Bisgrove. Certainly looks like he's made enemies.

Like what stuff?    As I posted earlier, we have no detail on this thread at all about what supposedly occurred.   I have no real idea of how Bisgrove operates at work and only those with first-hand experience will know.   I reiterate, I'm not taking sides on this.  There just isn't any information.

47 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I've no idea why the kitman is away and nobody on this thread has offered any real clarity.    Any guy like Bisgrove would be unpopular with our fans because of his general demeanour.  I'm not defending him or blaming him on this subject as there just isn't enough information.    I'd find it difficult to believe that the players all dislike him as I'd expect he will have next to no contact with the players on a regular basis.   Just my opinion.  

I'd hate any cunt with that barnet 

23 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Alot of stuff being said on twitter now. If thats the reason then its clearly bullshit from Bisgrove. Also looks like Jim wasn't the only one forced out recently by Bisgrove. Certainly looks like he's made enemies.

What's being said on twitter? 

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Always thought we should have tried to not only get back as quickly as possible, but also as cheaply as possible too. 

A team made up of few of our own youths, in the hope that one or two of them might have developed into players who could hold down a place in the first team by the time we got back to the top flight, surrounded by the better players from the Championship should have been more than enough to get us there, and somebody who had worked extensively at that level should have been added to the coaching staff to help McCoist identify players from that level, because let’s be honest, McCoist wouldn’t have had a clue :lol:

I understand that’s easy to say when the club was a total shit show at the time, and there was still an expectation among the support that we should have still been doing well in the cups, but yeah, we went about it in such a bad and overly expensive, way :lol:

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Always thought we should have tried to not only get back as quickly as possible, but also as cheaply as possible too. 

A team made up of few of our own youths, in the hope that one or two of them might have developed into players who could hold down a place in the first team by the time we got back to the top flight, surrounded by the better players from the Championship should have been more than enough to get us there, and somebody who had worked extensively at that level should have been added to the coaching staff to help McCoist identify players from that level, because let’s be honest, McCoist wouldn’t have had a clue :lol:

I understand that’s easy to say when the club was a total shit show at the time, and there was still an expectation among the support that we should have still been doing well in the cups, but yeah, we went about it in such a bad and overly expensive, way :lol:

Thing is there was enough players of that level who would have walked over broken glass to play for us too. It was their one opportunity to play for their boyhood club and would have had a hell of a lot more fight and commitment than a lot of who we brought in.

Should have done that, with the one or two 'long term' players brought in each season also. Although we would still have had the rude awakening once we hit the SPL though.

Total aside here but does anybody know if we approached or considered asking Barry Ferguson to come back after we were demoted in 2012?

He was 34 at that point and I believe injuries were starting to catch up with him, but it seems like it should have been an absolute no brainer of a signing for us considering not only where he was in his career at that point (played for Blackpool and Fleetwood that season) but also how desperate we were for any sort of leadership and people who knew the club and the standards required and expected, because let’s be honest they were in the toilet.

A 34 year old, barely fit and able to move Barry Ferguson, would still have been able to control and dominate games in the Scottish 3rd division with his eyes closed, especially if we had surrounded him with hard runners.

I can’t remember it even being discussed as an option or a possibility by looking back on it now, I have no idea why it wasn’t.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Like what stuff?    As I posted earlier, we have no detail on this thread at all about what supposedly occurred.   I have no real idea of how Bisgrove operates at work and only those with first-hand experience will know.   I reiterate, I'm not taking sides on this.  There just isn't any information.

6 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

What's being said on twitter? 

The reasons why he was sacked by Bisgrove and now going through court. The Jimmy Bell family stuff ain't coincidence. Would divulge but its looking like Bisgrove has guys scouring through the forums etc looking for any posts that do say what happened and taking action.

There is a few more well known names that this has happened to and they are also looking at court for unfair dismissal supposedly. Alot of staff not happy with what happened at all. It's debatable whether Bennett knows about it or not.

7 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Thing is there was enough players of that level who would have walked over broken glass to play for us too. It was their one opportunity to play for their boyhood club and would have had a hell of a lot more fight and commitment than a lot of who we brought in.

Should have done that, with the one or two 'long term' players brought in each season also. Although we would still have had the rude awakening once we hit the SPL though.

Ally always claimed this was because the Rangers fans needed to be excited by the team we had. That we wouldn't accept anything less. I would have been much happier with the above approach, although I suspect it would mean more money into the coffers of the spivs. 

Fairly confident McCoists approach was purely because of his own inability to actually manage. We were had enough with guys who should have been way above the level we were playing at. :lol:

7 hours ago, Badger said:

What we really needed in the Scottish League 2 was a 32yr old Brazilian CB with 12yrs of Serie A experience.

I used to go on football manager editor and remove a wee teams players (always East Stirling), and replace them with guys on expired contracts just to see what happened...... that model should never have became an actual recruitment model for a real club.

Missing out on doig, hickey, nisbet, Ferguson, Allen, Taylor, Robertson, shankland, Morgan etc was fucking criminal imo. All they lads were in the lower leagues with us and I reckon even Robertson would have considered us. plenty of Rangers fans have considered and played for them in the last few years.