Who's next?

The Ibrox Derry

1 minute ago, RealWorldRich said:

The next permanent appointment is the acid test for this board's ambition.

Our rivals have a manager with the following CV:

• 15 years experience as a manager
  • 698 games managed with a 51.7% win rate.
  • 166 games as manager of Liverpool
  • Championship promotion with Swansea
  • 7 domestic trophies in Scotland inc 2x trebles & an unbeaten season
  • FA Cup + Community Shield win with Leicester City

I heard someone mention Duncan Ferguson this morning. Let that sink in.

If this board don't go and get someone with a CV in the same calibre of our rivals, they are accepting 2nd place (or worse) for the foreseeable future.  If they go out an get another rookie in the frame of Michael '22 games managed' Beale, or some roaster like Pedro Caixinha, the board need chased out of town.

Well that’s nonsense.

I think the squad in general is good. Reckon if we replaced Tav, Jack, Barisic, Roofe, Lundstram we’d be looking decent…. We’ve just lost our way because Beale didn’t play to the players strengths. 

The downfall of Beale and Gio was trying to force us to play as a possession based team. We don’t have the correct players to play that way… we need the next manager to play to player’s strengths… a real man manager is what we need. 

Basic tactics and players willing to run through a brick wall for you…. 

No more playing players out of position… no more Lammers wide, no more Lundstram being a playmaker, no more Cifuentes looking absolutely clueless on what he’s supposed to do, meaning no more full backs being our main creative players. No more Cantwell in centre midfield. No more Jack having to do doggy’s between left back and centre mid, when in all honesty he can no longer run…. I could go on but think I’ll leave it there 😂😂😂

Just now, toolongawake said:

Who? Not seen his name being mentioned, is he linked?

He's a @Bronzy special

Polish manager, took a team from Div 5 to Div 4, then another team from Div 4 to Div 3, then another team from Div 3 up to winning the Polish league and won 2 cups with them also. Was manager of the year 3 years in a row and been linked to the Legia and Polish national team jobs. Currently available for hire. Plays very attacking football supposedly. 

7 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

The next permanent appointment is the acid test for this board's ambition.

Our rivals have a manager with the following CV:

• 15 years experience as a manager
  • 698 games managed with a 51.7% win rate.
  • 166 games as manager of Liverpool
  • Championship promotion with Swansea
  • 7 domestic trophies in Scotland inc 2x trebles & an unbeaten season
  • FA Cup + Community Shield win with Leicester City

I heard someone mention Duncan Ferguson this morning. Let that sink in.

If this board don't go and get someone with a CV in the same calibre of our rivals, they are accepting 2nd place (or worse) for the foreseeable future.  If they go out an get another rookie in the frame of Michael '22 games managed' Beale, or some roaster like Pedro Caixinha, the board need chased out of town.

Unattainable, if it wasn’t for the fact Rodgers was a tim he’d be no where near celtic. That’s the only reason they were able to attract him. 

I have seen others say it but the reality is that there is no clear candidate that will unite the fans. The only options available to us are going to be a punt. We are not unique in that either. They took a punt with Posticoglu and it worked out. They then got lucky that Rodgers has shot his bolt at the top level and was willing to come back.  

Any manager that we can afford and attract to Scotland is going to be a has-been or a gamble on potential. Has-beens are rarely going to play modern progressive football, they might galvanise a team but they won’t take us up a level. So it’s really down to “who has the most potential with least risk” 

invite interviews and see who demonstrates the most character married with an ability to define a footballing philosophy that they have implemented to some degree of success elsewhere. 

it’s going to be a massive gamble no matter what you do

12 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I think the squad in general is good. Reckon if we replaced Tav, Jack, Barisic, Roofe, Lundstram we’d be looking decent…. We’ve just lost our way because Beale didn’t play to the players strengths. 

The downfall of Beale and Gio was trying to force us to play as a possession based team. We don’t have the correct players to play that way… we need the next manager to play to player’s strengths… a real man manager is what we need. 

Basic tactics and players willing to run through a brick wall for you…. 

Just to be clear that’s who you want to get rid off? Happy to keep Dessers, Lammers, Wright and others? 

10 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Unattainable, if it wasn’t for the fact Rodgers was a tim he’d be no where near celtic. That’s the only reason they were able to attract him. 

The only reason?  What about the wage they are paying him?  He's not working for half of what he could get elsewhere, he'll be getting the going rate.

2 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Bielsa aside, the left hand side of this list is a depressing read. 

If AVB left after Marseille signed Ntcham he’ll last two minutes at the club when he walks into Auchenhowie and sees Dessers trying to control a ball.

1 minute ago, Jamesy1872 said:

Just to be clear that’s who you want to get rid off? Happy to keep Dessers, Lammers, Wright and others? 

Happy to give Dessers and Lammers the opportunity as I don’t see any other option at the moment. Would like to see Lammers in his preferred position. Scott Wright can be paid off as far as I’m concerned. 

30 minutes ago, Steakbake said:

Aye , bring McCoist in - a guy who couldnae win the Scottish Championship !

Times have moved along since we had Derek Fucking Llambias in charge of the operation.  Anyway the point was that AMcC or DM would be better for us than another no mark, journeyman or 'highly rated european coach',  in the event that the board cannot appoint a manager who has proven success at higher levels.