Who's next?

The Ibrox Derry

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Offer £50k a week and you’ll get plenty high calibre managers interested 

I just don’t think that is true either. Any manager worth that kind of money would be in one of the bigger leagues with a big transfer kitty. 

btw I don’t have an answer either. Where Scottish football is now we are picking up scraps from everywhere else. No Rangers fan is going to want a Callum Davidson or Martindale. But we are never going to get a Xavi or Iniesta. 

I don’t know the answer but I think it’s more likely an up and coming gamble than an established successful modern thinking manager. 

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

It'll be Muscat or McInnes. Absolutely guaranteed. 

If Gerrard was still available they'd go back to him.

Beale going is just half the battle. Don't believe this board have the capacity to make a good managerial appointment. 

The Board will want a placeman who will do as he is as told and not make too many demands of them. Never mind winning the League or any of that nonsense.

I'll probably get pelters, but I'd offer it to Warnock until the end of the season and the reassess.

We need someone to get the best out of a poor bunch and Warnock has previous for that. At his age he might take a short term deal. If he does well, extend it. If not, look again in the summer, as I don't see any outstanding candidates available just now anyway.

7 minutes ago, Zander1 said:

I'll probably get pelters, but I'd offer it to Warnock until the end of the season and the reassess.

We need someone to get the best out of a poor bunch and Warnock has previous for that. At his age he might take a short term deal. If he does well, extend it. If not, look again in the summer, as I don't see any outstanding candidates available just now anyway.

Any one with some fucking experience is at least a start.

28 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Curious why the shouts for muscat? Im no j-league expert or whatever. Would be good to know?

I'm not that keen on him myself but reckon the board would go for him. 

He's won titles in Australia and the J league. 

Reason I think board go for him is from what I've read he sets up exactly as postecoglou did. I think our board will look at that and think it's worked for them so it could work for us. 

8 minutes ago, Zander1 said:

If it were something like that I'd rather McLeish

Not saying "just anyone" and there's far more than just one issue, but at this stage feels that anyone that's willing to break up the old tavernier, goldson etc formula would at least indicate they're willing to try something different and show some ruthlessness. If we got someone new but that was kept the same yet again would be a worry.

11 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

If it were something like that I'd rather McLeish

Wouldn't be against that either. Just don't fancy any of the names mentioned, so would rather wait until the summer and see if there's anyone better available.

If do so, I'd rather have someone experienced at the helm until then than a rookie, as there's still a lot to play for this season. Like I say, it one of the older heads gets a tune can consider extending, if not, nothing lost.

35 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

It'll be Muscat or McInnes. Absolutely guaranteed. 

If Gerrard was still available they'd go back to him.

Beale going is just half the battle. Don't believe this board have the capacity to make a good managerial appointment. 

Objectively, McInnes is the second best manager in the league, behind Rodgers. That said, the fact he's turned us down previously should automatically exclude him from consideration. A couple of bad results and things would get toxic very quickly.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Warnock, McLeish and Magath shouts are so fucking depressing.

Fucking hell surely this isn’t where we’re at?

:ang:

I'm only suggesting Eck IF it were to be a caretaker. 

I'd like to think the board had some kind of list ready to go...

There needs to be some realistic expectations about who would be available and also willing to take the job.

As we may have sacked 2 managers in less than a year, anyone taking the job will also want a good long term contract in the event we need to let them go as well.

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

I'm only suggesting Eck IF it were to be a caretaker. 

I'd like to think the board had some kind of list ready to go...

A caretaker and I really think we are writing off the season.

Needs to be someone of genuine quality coming in.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm against a caretaker too. It would end up being another Murty which looking at things right now is just a cheap Beale.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It can't be a caretaker. 

I hope to fuck the rumours of managers being approached after the old firm are true so we can move quickly. 

It definitely has to be quailty but genuine no idea who that would be. 

It can't be another inexperienced manager. 

Just now, Moody Blue said:

Who?  And do you think the board will do it? 

In terms of who, and whether the board will get it right, that’s the problem.

To be honest it’s been the problem since the start of the Beale out chat weeks back and was a big factor for me in wanting to give him more time to play through the rut.

We’re in real danger of getting a McInnes or someone of that level.

Or an untested/failed in Europe in Muscat.

Can’t see a scenario where there’s an exciting left field appointment that hasn’t been mentioned already.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

In terms of who, and whether the board will get it right, that’s the problem.

To be honest it’s been the problem since the start of the Beale out chat weeks back and was a big factor for me in wanting to give him more time to play through the rut.

We’re in real danger of getting a McInnes or someone of that level.

Or an untested/failed in Europe in Muscat.

Can’t see a scenario where there’s an exciting left field appointment that hasn’t been mentioned already.

Previous threads were riddled with mentions that are pie in the sky stuff. However, the board MUST realise that appointing eg McInnes just won’t appease fans. Desperate times.