Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Dont understand this logic one bit.

What is it you're having trouble understanding? 

He's watched all of our games, he's seen what we're up against, what does he need an ex-Rangers player for? He's not needed an ex-player in other jobs that he's had.

All an ex-Rangers player is going to do, is tell him the same shit he'll likely already know in his own research, or tell him how much somebody hates us.

I just think it's an over complication.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

What is it you're having trouble understanding? 

He's watched all of our games, he's seen what we're up against, what does he need an ex-Rangers player for? He's not needed an ex-player in other jobs that he's had.

All an ex-Rangers player is going to do, is tell him the same shit he'll likely already know in his own research, or tell him how much somebody hates us.

I just think it's an over complication.

I'm having trouble understanding the logic that you think this is being ruined by the club making a sensible decision that he clearly agrees with.

25 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'm having trouble understanding the logic that you think this is being ruined by the club making a sensible decision that he clearly agrees with.

What benefits does an ex-Rangers player add? Genuinely I'm curious.

This is a more experienced manager than we've had in years, he's already done his homework, what does an ex-player add?

Someone to tell him we need to win? That losing isn't acceptable? I think that's pretty obvious. This isn't a mythical league that loads struggle to come to terms with.

11 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

This is a more experienced manager than we've had in years, he's already done his homework, what does an ex-player add?

Someone to tell him we need to win? That losing isn't acceptable? I think that's pretty obvious. This isn't a mythical league that loads struggle to come to terms with.

The majority of foreign managers have struggled to get to grips with it though. Someone called it a 'freak league' earlier on and they were spot on.

5 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

I can see an argument for both having and not having an ex player in the staff.

In one hand it could keep some continuity if and when a new manager comes in.

On the other hand someone else posted earlier that we don’t want an ex player telling the new manager that livi away is difficult for instance. I guess it more depends on who the person is. 

21 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

Probably the most thorough appointment weve carried out in years. Really hope it pays off

I'm unconvinced that a 2 week time frame constitutes 'most thorough'  but, of the candidates that came to the fore, he does have the best credentials.

I am also not convinced that a 3.5 year contract is a good move by the club, I am assuming that he must have insisted on it, for it potentially leaves the club in a financial bind should things not work out well. I just hope it doesn't take him that long to right the mess that he has inherited. Despite it being a great honour for Phillipe to join us, it actually still says lot for him that he is prepared to take on what is a very difficult task, Our support are going to have to be very patient here and be prepared to accept the bumps in the road that will inevitably happen in the short term. I am 100% behind him now, as I am sure we all are and the new journey ahead could be very exciting.

Welcome to RFC Philippe and let's have a successful future together.

I have no interest in ex-players in the coaching set-up... i just want the best coaches available.  

The old pals act at our club is often to our detriment.

The absolute priority for me is a coaching team that actually improves our players.  Far too often we sign players that simply regress.

2 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I have no interest in ex-players in the coaching set-up... i just want the best coaches available.  

The old pals act at our club is often to our detriment.

The absolute priority for me is a coaching team that actually improves our players.  Far too often we sign players that simply regress.

Old pals act?