Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The best thing to happen to us since Walter came back 

We look a different team from the mentally weak losers we thought we had  just weeks ago 

He's the first actual manager we've had since Walter. The last PC was obviously awful but at least ticked the boxes as a manager. Everyone else has been a rookie.

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Good place mate. Surprised your inlaws chose there because that's staunch as fuck. Still got a supporters bus leaving from there I think?

Ironically it was Motherwell who were the opponent the last time I got the bus from there. Hampden for a cup semi-final. 2-0 and Steven Thompson to the rescue off the bench IIRC.

Aye it is staunch. There's still a supporters bus too.

My Grandad was the President of the club the year I was born and my Dad has been a member there since he was a wee boy. I've been around it all my days too. It's one of my cousins who books it alongside my sister and they don't give a fuck about football. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Aye it is staunch. There's still a supporters bus too.

My Grandad was the President of the club the year I was born and my Dad has been a member there since he was a wee boy. I've been around it all my days too. It's one of my cousins who books it alongside my sister and they don't give a fuck about football. 

One of my best mates growing up was Ross C. Not putting the full name up on a public forum but you will defo know who I'm talking about mate. 👍

38 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Nah a wee brother Drew. 2 sisters as well. Ross and Drew both decent football players at amateur level for the Hamilton FPs. You'll defo know them but we'll leave it there for the day mate 👍

I'm sure I'd at least know who they are but can't think right now. No worries, mate. 

what's that now 16 games unbeaten since he took over, won the bloody EL group even though we looked like we where dead and buried after the 2nd game and onwards, won us a trophy against a team we haven't beaten all season, clawed back those precious points even though and i'll admit it, we looked to have chucked the league away, all those injuries building up and him having what little he has at his disposal is nothing short of remarkable.

dessers under phil has been some turn around, sure he's not everyones cup of tea however he's put in some shift since phil took over and has to lead the line since danilo and roofe are out again.

Giving Warburton a pass because of lower leagues etc, can you imagine if we had appointed a proper manager of PC's calibre in 2017 and where we might be now. Instead of that we got the managerial gambles and experiments and Clement only knows how many millions pissed away

56 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Giving Warburton a pass because of lower leagues etc, can you imagine if we had appointed a proper manager of PC's calibre in 2017 and where we might be now. Instead of that we got the managerial gambles and experiments and Clement only knows how many millions pissed away

I’m sure the rumour was Vitor Pereira had Stuart McCall got us up in 2015.

On 17/12/2023 at 21:41, MattyBlue said:

I want to firstly apologize, and point out I really don’t mean to bring any negative vibes on today.. I said In the match thread something that could be taken as a negative but I’m buzzing with today and it’s a day for celebration 100%

Phils done an incredible job in a short space of time, I absolutely love the guy I bought into him instantly and I firmly believe he is the man to take us forward properly for the first time since 2012

but this interview scares me a little, maybe I’m steaming.. well I am steaming.. but anyway

from 1.17 he’s asked a question about tav where his response refers to tavs mentality and character. I don’t like to slander rangers players I take no satisfaction in it, he took his goal well today, he’s been a loyal servant there’s zero doubts about it, days like today make it 1, stupid of me to make this post in the first place, 2, probably hard for people to agree with me, and I don’t blame them really 

I don’t want to see the back of tav at all, I think he can do a job for us.. but I also don’t think he’s the captain we need to be a force and stake a claim at being consistent silverware winners

i also ain’t stupid enough to think it’s that easy for Phil to take the armband off a player who’s been captain for the past several seasons without probably causing an issue 

but it has been echoed on here by many the opinion I mentioned above, and part of me knows this is entirely the wrong time to post this, I just don’t want fans to have today deflect from the fact that we are genuinely quite a big rebuild away from being consistent silverware challengers

i don’t mean to single tav out because straight after Phil’s comment on him he refers to having “several” personalities in the dressing room a “few leaders”

ultimately, I think maybe we can assume who some of these players are, and they would be the ones who have done the same cycle with previous managers, good starts, then delivering nothing 

we won a trophy today, so that somewhat cancels out the end of that last paragraph

i just don’t want clement getting sold down the river by certain players like we have seen happen before

today was incredible, I’m just trying to keep myself grounded.

I’ll take all the shit anyone wants to throw at me, I ain’t wrong.. was the wrong time to post it granted but the message was right

59 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

I’ll take all the shit anyone wants to throw at me, I ain’t wrong.. was the wrong time to post it granted but the message was right

Picking on Tav this game is mental. Cantwell was shit. Sima was poor. Dessers was useless. Balogun was a liability. 

but yeah Tav was the issue. 

Just now, theiconicman said:

Picking on Tav this game is mental. Cantwell was shit. Sima was poor. Dessers was useless. Balogun was a liability. 

but yeah Tav was the issue. 

My original post was nothing to do with any of those players

its to do with our ‘captain’ letting us down in these games continuously