Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

41 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Guy has done amazing with the shitshow that was left to him.

One narrow defeat to the puddle drinkers.

Time to back him.

Whatever he wants in this window, fucking give it to him. 

They backed that wanker Beale, so Whatever Phil wants, give him double.

Even with 10 men we gave as good as we got. Pretty equal in possession and chances.

Different was quality (eg Kyogo vs Dessers), and a bit of mentality to get a result over the line.

Back him and we’re in a real race for the title. Didn't fear them at all yesterday, which is a bit of a change. 

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not sure what the above rant is about, my post wasn't a defence of Beale, it was about the financial picture that people seem to ignore when thinking Clement is going to get given some big warchest transfer budget.

Not ranting at you mate. When I see or hear the snake oil salesman name I tend to go into one 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Are my sums correct when I say we have still gained 5 points on the tarriers since Big Phil came in?

We were 7 behind I'm sure. 

Now we're 8 behind with 2 games in hand.

So no, but maybe aye 😂

20 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Que a king shankland comment from someone

Shankland for me.

Will score goals for fun aka Super Ally & Kris Boyd.

Can we afford him? Yes

Can we afford not to sign him? No

I realise he's not everyone's Cup of tea, but if we are prepared to spunk millions in the summer on Dessers, Lammers, Danilo, then Shankland is a no brainer.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So no, but maybe aye 😂

There or thereabouts 🤣

Regardless, League should have been over and done with before yesterday. 

In the overall picture and grand scheme of a league season, im fucking delighted that we still have a chance, and a pretty decent one at that.

Having had a chance to reflect as disappointing a result as it was yesterday it was a marked change in that it was a fairly even game that was decided by a couple of moments of quality (and a couple of lapses in quality from us).

Our game plan was solid and caused them some issues at times while nullifying their possession for the most part (I can’t really remember Butland having that much to do).

Address the quality with some new faces to suit Clement’s style and some injured players back and I see no reason that we can’t go on and win this league.

They think they have put some sort of marker down and Rodger’s comments about seeing off X managers suggests they think they have the upper hand when in reality since Clement has come in he has closed the gap (both in terms of points and play on the pitch) and they won a game which could have gone either way.

2 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Having had a chance to reflect as disappointing a result as it was yesterday it was a marked change in that it was a fairly even game that was decided by a couple of moments of quality (and a couple of lapses in quality from us).

Our game plan was solid and caused them some issues at times while nullifying their possession for the most part (I can’t really remember Butland having that much to do).

Address the quality with some new faces to suit Clement’s style and some injured players back and I see no reason that we can’t go on and win this league.

They think they have put some sort of marker down and Rodger’s comments about seeing off X managers suggests they think they have the upper hand when in reality since Clement has come in he has closed the gap (both in terms of points and play on the pitch) and they won a game which could have gone either way.

Hopefully they sit back and think wait a minute, we are fine with what we have.

That taig team we should be beating for sure

49 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So no, but maybe aye 😂

Since Clement took over we have 28 points from 11 league games and Rodgers has 29 points from 13 games. Sky sports news posted it yesterday before the game we had 28 points from 10 league games and the unwashed had 26 points from 12. Makes winning the 2 games in hand so important post winter break. 

The game is still a bit of a blur to me but I do remember desperately wanting the half time whistle to come, I felt we responded well to the sending off and obviously the chances wasted will haunt me. Clement is the man, oozes class. Best manager since Sir Walter and I hope he's here forever.

11 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

The game is still a bit of a blur to me but I do remember desperately wanting the half time whistle to come, I felt we responded well to the sending off and obviously the chances wasted will haunt me. Clement is the man, oozes class. Best manager since Sir Walter and I hope he's here forever.

After the sending off we didn’t look like we were playing with 10men .

53 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

I thought we were well on top at half time but whistle came at wrong time for me 

Watched the press conference again after the match. 

Phil really is great at these. He has the press bang to rights and tells it like it is. So refreshing to watch.

He's so much like Walter with a really good head on him.

He's taking us places - with the right support from the board of course. 

Clement is the right man for us I believe .... and he's been doing a Van Morrison on us and has told us repeatedly ... well before Saturday's disappointing result ... that there would be ... "Days Like This".

Well that takes care of Saturday .... now onto Tuesday and getting back on the winning track again to lift us all back up.

🇬🇧