Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

11 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Points from him are :

he feels he’s doing too much ?

its the3 games a week that’s caused the injuries🤨( I thought he knew how to overhaul the risk of injuries?)

we have 9 games in august ,so will that cause more injuries?

he looked like greeting in that interview ( fed up?)

what’s the detail of souttar ,matondo injuries?

Lundstrom injured now too ?he said he’s not training ( not that we care!)

why can’t yilmaz play 90 mins is he fucked too?

He said Ridvan can't play 90 minutes due to the recommendation from the medical team, puts him in a high risk of injury. 

The stuff about changes and end of the cycle. 

I'll believe it when I see it as we we've been hearing the same thing for a few seasons now. 

A true change will be moving on the players that have repeatedly let us down. Then we can actually start a new cycle.

14 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Some positive signs in that presser , lets fuck the tarriers next week and go into the break with some positivity 

Losing the cup final would be a terrible end to the season. Phil should tell anyone not willing to give 100 percent to inform him and he can find a willing replacement. That's literally the stage we are at imo.

I know a lot of players are moving on, but surely they want silverware, to reward our support and most importantly (allegedly) receive a win bonus?

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'll believe it when I see it as we we've been hearing the same thing for a few seasons now. 

A true change will be moving on the players that have repeatedly let us down. Then we can actually start a new cycle.

My hope is that Phil is a much more determined person than many we have had in the manager position for a while, and since he has been told by the board they will back what he wants changed, some of it might happen this time, but not holding my breath. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Points from him are :

he feels he’s doing too much ?

its the3 games a week that’s caused the injuries🤨( I thought he knew how to overhaul the risk of injuries?)

we have 9 games in august ,so will that cause more injuries?

he looked like greeting in that interview ( fed up?)

what’s the detail of souttar ,matondo injuries?

Lundstrom injured now too ?he said he’s not training ( not that we care!)

why can’t yilmaz play 90 mins is he fucked too?

You can't sort that midseason once the damage is already done though.

57 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Losing the cup final would be a terrible end to the season. Phil should tell anyone not willing to give 100 percent to inform him and he can find a willing replacement. That's literally the stage we are at imo.

I know a lot of players are moving on, but surely they want silverware, to reward our support and most importantly (allegedly) receive a win bonus?

He alluded to that in the conference tbf with the comments about Roofe.

Between the lines it was like he was saying anyone not 100% focused won’t play at Hampden.

59 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree, it’s been said before many times. Slight difference is the number of OOC players this Summer so there will be a natural cull.  We must move on the injury prone but that, of course, depends on clubs willing to take them, a known unknown.  I’m sure Koppen will have been busy in the background but his influence will be restricted, unfortunately, by relying on being able to offload the dross.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

He alluded to that in the conference tbf with the comments about Roofe.

Between the lines it was like he was saying anyone not 100% focused won’t play at Hampden.

Haven't seen the press conference tbh. Busy day at home.

Glad that Phil has that attitude, but not at all surprised.

He doesn't suffer fools gladly. A commendable trait.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

My hope is that Phil is a much more determined person than many we have had in the manager position for a while, and since he has been told by the board they will back what he wants changed, some of it might happen this time, but not holding my breath. :unsure:

He has a lot of changes to make. Half the squad need renewed at least. Will the board fund that?

Also our never ending injury saga.

Then the generall attitude of the players. Some treating being a Ranger as just a job.

Phil knew what he was getting into right enough.

He has my totall backing. Proper financing is vital though!!!

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He has a lot of changes to make. Half the squad need renewed at least. Will the board fund that?

Also our never ending injury saga.

Then the generall attitude of the players. Some treating being a Ranger as just a job.

Phil knew what he was getting into right enough.

He has my totall backing. Proper financing is vital though!!!

I think we have been disappointed so often we are all very sceptical, and to be honest it is only my faith in Phil that I think we might get some real change this summer. 

Obviously it depends on backing from the board and getting players out as much as in, but I am hopeful the people on the board he has spoken with mean that they want change as well.

I get the impression it is not just the first team squad Phil is speaking about but change to the football structure of the whole Club. 

It will be an interesting couple of months I think. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Here is the PC from Phil for anyone wanting to watch it, he was confirming that a lot of change are needed, I hope the board will back him as he believes they will. 

Fucking love the gaffer. Sounds like a perfectionist. 

4 hours ago, Essandoh said:

If the hood was lifted so to speak on the engine of the club I have a feeling we’d be fucking disgusted at the state of it, given that all we’ve had spouted to us for years every summer is how positive the restructuring of the football department is

It genuinely cannot be that difficult, or at least it shouldn’t take as long as it has to get right

We’ve been putting our Ferrari into kwik fit and wondering why it’s not running right.

28 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Depressing and sobering hearing the truth from Clement today. What a state we were in under Beale on and off the park

It is but also encouraging that he doesn't have his head in the sand about this group and the changes that need made

Very scathing about the physical state of the players. Nothing he could do about that mid season but wonder if he’d change anything if he could go back.

The 2 extra league fixtures we had to play over celtic were out of his control and bad luck.

But given that and Europe and the state of the squad, he probably didn’t need to play a full strength team against Dumbarton and Ayr. Rodgers rested players like McGregor in their cup game. Was Benfica always going to be a bridge too far? 

Beale left the squad in a state. But it felt obvious that the intensity was going to fall and the injuries stack up.  

We’re unlikely to face such a fixture congestion next year but he can’t allow the wheels to come off again. Needs to build a squad with the athleticism to maintain a standard over a season. And the focus needs to be 100% on winning the league. 

4 hours ago, DT78 said:

Very positive Press Conference there. Needs now to get the full backing of everyone involved to raise the standards to where he wants them. It will be a tough job as he says because of the short turn around time but iam confident he can do it as long as he gets what he needs👍👍

I've not heard the interview yet, but he has to implement a style of play, with the right players. 

A high press is the way football is played now. So get players that have the ability to do it. 

35 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

It is but also encouraging that he doesn't have his head in the sand about this group and the changes that need made

I’d be stunned if Goldson isn’t moved on but big decision to be made on Tav.

17 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’d be stunned if Goldson isn’t moved on but big decision to be made on Tav.

I don't think the manager will move Tav on, depending. Goldson I'd get shot of. 

If Tav does go then Sterling is RB.