***** The Official Rangers v Sparta Prague Europa League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

38 minutes ago, beararse said:

Definition of a water carrier in football is 'a football player who is regarded as hard-working and competent but is not a star player'. That describes Lammers.

He does keep possession of the ball and carries it. He also passes the ball to team mates accurately most of the time. My eyes clearly see something different to yours, which is fine. From the moment he missed that chance v PSV he became the whipping boy IMO. 

Imo he was least hard working out of the front 4 last night.  He isn't competent on the ball, and opposition routinely breezed past him so pretty incompetent there too.

He lost possession multiple times, not so sure how that is accurate passing most of the time.

He's criticised because he's offering so little. When the guy playing central in an attacking 3 behind a striker can only get praise for closing down space then it's evident he's not sufficiently contributing.

Next to no big impact in most games, and yet again last night. Feel free to back him, I think the consensus of the majority is he's miles from good enough to be in the squad let alone full 90 and starting.

56 minutes ago, beararse said:

Perfect description of his contribution to date. i find him frustrating but he's not shite.

I don't find him frustrating, I just find him shite, I've seen plenty enough of him thank you very much and he's fucking chronic. 

59 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s a myth IMO.

Takes some horrendous touches and would turn his way back into a burning building at times. 

It’s no myth, you’ve just been unlucky missing those moments of brilliance, maybe distracted by blinking or the likes but he does possess great skill.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I don't find him frustrating, I just find him shite, I've seen plenty enough of him thank you very much and he's fucking chronic. 

I wonder if he gets his own training drills - doesn’t do any work with the ball, just runs about trying to find space. Seems to be what he’s good at apparently.

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

I wonder if he gets his own training drills - doesn’t do any work with the ball, just runs about trying to find space. Seems to be what he’s good at apparently.

Greatest player there has ever been for us  without actually touching a football with his feet .

1 hour ago, mus said:

Surely we want to top the group so we miss an extra round against the CL drop downs?

Long as we are through I'm happy enough be honest 

good chance of a wee glamour tie like Dortmund the last time if we do have to make do with second place but anything in Europe post Xmas is the aim at start of every season 

5 hours ago, toolongawake said:

Aye that was a fantastic through ball.

5 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Sublime through ball that

I thought it was but I had turned away for a second and next minute just saw Danilo through on goal. Outstanding.

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

If it creates space for others and the team keep scoring plenty of goals and winning then why not? 

I’d rather see someone who was actually good on the ball creating chances and helping us score goals rather than some guy who is good at running places 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Lawrence for lammers and we have a pretty good team which feels weird considering 3 weeks ago I hated the site of every player 😂

Maybe it's because when you hated the site of them, they have been moved around a bit since.

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Lawrence for lammers and we have a pretty good team which feels weird considering 3 weeks ago I hated the site of every player 😂

Wild what a decent coaching team can do. Quicker Lawrence gets fit the better, he will be a very good player for us. 

7 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

I’d rather see someone who was actually good on the ball creating chances and helping us score goals rather than some guy who is good at running places 

He is helping us score goals tho.

The last three games he passed to Dessers v Dundee and he dragged defenders away for Cantwell’s on Thursday night.

McCoist kept mentioning Lammers movement v Sparta Prague on Thursday.

He also scored a worldy before setting up Dessers v Dundee.

And set Danilo on his way who then fucked it up when he got near the goal.

Played a part in Scott Wright’s goal v Hearts too.

Thats just off the top of my head.

So he is doing more than running around. But the narrative constantly being offered up  is that he does fuck all.  

11 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I honestly don't see anything positive about Lammers.   I posted elsewhere that I tried not to criticise him last night but he offered nothing in attack, midfield or defensively.   He was simply a woeful passenger last night.  Totally ineffective.   

And thats absolutely fine, I hear what you're saying. His role is the dictionary definition of thankless task. Nobody leaves school wanting to be a road sweep but if we didn't have someone doing it the place would be boufin. 

He's not a nippy winger who skins the arse off wingbacks. He's not the raging hardon of defence clearing every cross and he's not the big man or little man up front. He's 100% not the midfield general. He's a metronome. He has one task and one task alone. 

I get the frustration, he took me a while to figure out but I can see it now that I've managed to attend a few games this season. 

As for all the personal stuff I've seen here and elsewhere, I rarely get involved in tit for tats, I attended nearly every domestic game during our march from the lower leagues to title 55. And the way some of our fans treat our lads leaves me embarrassed. So I'm not one for throwing insults at our team.  

On a lighter note, I've seen Nicky Law's name mentioned and it gave me a laugh. I remember a time Nicky was getting utter venom spat at him by a small group of fans in the stand. From what I could tell between the bouts of slabbering pish coming from their mouths towards him is that they actually expected him to run about like Messi and skin everyone. So he goes over for a throw in and gives a little back. Said group proceed to look at each other with their jaws on the floor then react like a group of offended hair dressers. 

Funny but tragic at the same time. 

I haven't seen anyone make out that Lammers is the best thing going, he's not. But he's got a job and he's doing whats asked of him. If folk never come to understand the point in Lammers for the remainder of his time at Ibrox that's fine, because I've been watching the game a long time now and I still haven't figured out what the point is with the majority of players in the SPL. 

Baffult!

Enjoy yer weekend mate. 

2 hours ago, Seraph said:

And thats absolutely fine, I hear what you're saying. His role is the dictionary definition of thankless task. Nobody leaves school wanting to be a road sweep but if we didn't have someone doing it the place would be boufin. 

He's not a nippy winger who skins the arse off wingbacks. He's not the raging hardon of defence clearing every cross and he's not the big man or little man up front. He's 100% not the midfield general. He's a metronome. He has one task and one task alone. 

I get the frustration, he took me a while to figure out but I can see it now that I've managed to attend a few games this season. 

As for all the personal stuff I've seen here and elsewhere, I rarely get involved in tit for tats, I attended nearly every domestic game during our march from the lower leagues to title 55. And the way some of our fans treat our lads leaves me embarrassed. So I'm not one for throwing insults at our team.  

On a lighter note, I've seen Nicky Law's name mentioned and it gave me a laugh. I remember a time Nicky was getting utter venom spat at him by a small group of fans in the stand. From what I could tell between the bouts of slabbering pish coming from their mouths towards him is that they actually expected him to run about like Messi and skin everyone. So he goes over for a throw in and gives a little back. Said group proceed to look at each other with their jaws on the floor then react like a group of offended hair dressers. 

Funny but tragic at the same time. 

I haven't seen anyone make out that Lammers is the best thing going, he's not. But he's got a job and he's doing whats asked of him. If folk never come to understand the point in Lammers for the remainder of his time at Ibrox that's fine, because I've been watching the game a long time now and I still haven't figured out what the point is with the majority of players in the SPL. 

Baffult!

Enjoy yer weekend mate. 

Exactly what job is he meant to be doing? 

I've been watching Rangers for decades and over that period we have had some baffling signings who were criticised by fans for being what I will term as not being of a good enough standard.  Some were home grown others bought but they were still woeful.

Lammers cost approx £3.5m and had a poor record before we signed him.  He has shown no sign of improving on his previous form.  

Criticism goes with the territory for footballers and other high profile people.  I don't hate the guy as a person, I just don't want him playing for us.  He cost a lot of money, gets well-paid and has a 4 year deal.  He simply isn't contributing positively to the team.  

12 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Surely we can’t keep playing lammers just because he’s good at knowing where to run? 😂

My 9 year old daughter knows exactly where to run when she hears the ice cream van.

Does she deserve a start for Rangers?

:craphead:

I think he works hard but needs dropped.

11 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

My 9 year old daughter knows exactly where to run when she hears the ice cream van.

Does she deserve a start for Rangers?

:craphead:

I think he works hard but needs dropped.

I feel quite sorry for the guy. He runs about tireselly, but not enough. Way fwd is Cantwell and Lawrence. 

Or is Cantwell still a shite player that doesn't turn up in important games :confused:

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I feel quite sorry for the guy. He runs about tireselly, but not enough. Way fwd is Cantwell and Lawrence. 

Or is Cantwell still a shite player that doesn't turn up in important games :confused:

I feel bad for him too tbh. He gives his all and I think he will be one a good player for us in time. If anything he tries too hard.

Nowhere near as bad as some make out. Just think he is going off the boil and needs benched and for someone else to get an opportunity.