Todd Cantwell

19 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The worry for me is he just likes strength and athleticism.

As much as everyone rightly loves Sterling a team full of players like him wins you fuck all either because there’s no quality on the ball.

Because signing guys like Cantwell and Kent has won us loads, hasn’t it?

Walter seemed to do just fine with strength and athleticism, as did Postecoglou.

You might not make great strides in Europe, but it’s been proven several times that strength and athleticism wins you leagues in Scotland.

11 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think the plan would've been to use him later on but the sending off meant we had to bring Raskin on to get fresh legs in the middle of the park and it probably stiffled his options.

Although I'm still not sure why we kept Lawrence on and took Souttar off.

I reckon you could be right about Cantwell. Souttar was injured as confirmed by Clement in his post match interview. Sky at the game got that one wrong for some bizzare reason. 

4 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Walter seemed to do just fine with strength and athleticism, as did Postecoglou.

You might not make great strides in Europe, but it’s been proven several times that strength and athleticism wins you leagues in Scotland.

I’d always prefer a blend personally.

Goes without saying but us mid 90s with the obvious two over us with McCullough et al. every day of the week.

6 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Strength and athleticism is a prerequisite in the modern game. We have too many guys who have a bit of ability but are powderpuff. Neat and tidy FC.

13 minutes ago, Arfield Salute said:

Wouldn’t have made any difference today. He was largely anonymous in the December game. 

He was and has been far too often ,  but in the last 10 minutes today we were punting the ball up the park with no guile or imagination on how to create any realistic goal scoring opportunity .  We had literally nothing to lose in  putting him on and hoping he had one of those moments . 

Might not have worked , but worth the gamble imo. 

Just now, AGM_72 said:

Strength and athleticism is a prerequisite in the modern game. We have too many guys who have a bit of ability but are powderpuff. Neat and tidy FC.

I'm not even convinced we have that much neat and tidy footballers. Even with 11 vs 11 today their midfield were passing round us in wee triangles like we weren't even there whereas we were incapable of doing the same to them. 

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

The comment was about just having strength and athleticism with little footballing ability.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The comment was about just having strength and athleticism with little footballing ability.

That's fair mate, was more responding to Bronzy's post than yours and expressing my frustration at our lack of athleticism for 18 months or so now. 

I would look at the CB we're strongly linked with as a positive sign that's not the direction he's going in - supposed to be very capable on the ball.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm not even convinced we have that much neat and tidy footballers. Even with 11 vs 11 today their midfield were passing round us in wee triangles like we weren't even there whereas we were incapable of doing the same to them. 

Haha aye, fair. I think we're neat and tidy in the sense that we have no purpose or incision with our passing. Their triangles are usually designed to free up one of their midfielders to go and be decisive (it happened time and time again first half) - so I wouldn't even call that neat and tidy play because there's a purpose to it.

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I reckon you could be right about Cantwell. Souttar was injured as confirmed by Clement in his post match interview. Sky at the game got that one wrong for some bizzare reason. 

Ahh right, I had turned it well off by the time they did the interviews, only heard Sky saying it wasn't an injury, weird how they got that one wrong, wonder if that was our info and we just wanted to give them something to think about instead of letting them know it was a needs must sub.

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah, I don’t think he had any intention of bringing Cantwell on. We brought Wright on :lol:

I think Wright was more about pace, he's a brutal option though, the fact he didn't do too badly makes it even worse, just makes you think someone with a bit more quality would've had more joy.

22 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Souttar was an injury.

Just found that out, took Sky's word for it at the start of the second half, telly was well and truly off by the time the interviews came on.

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Ahh right, I had turned it well off by the time they did the interviews, only heard Sky saying it wasn't an injury, weird how they got that one wrong, wonder if that was our info and we just wanted to give them something to think about instead of letting them know it was a needs must sub.

I never seen it on Sky either mate. It's on one of the threads on here with a link to Twitter 

10 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

If he didn't play over his social media antics and his post was aimed at the manager then I fully back the managers decision not to play him.

Absolute stupidity doing stuff like that before our biggest game of the season and wasn't needed.

It must of been that, he's pathetic 

It is pathetic and childish if he's posting cryptic messages on social media about the manager before a big game. 

But we needed him yesterday. 

Lawrence doesn't have the legs or energy that Cantwell has and would of been better coming on as a sub.