Todd Cantwell

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The truth’s has to be somewhere between the two.

How we play is definitely a factor.

Bit like Kyogo not being as effective as he was as their style of play and his role in their team has changed.

Cantwell needs to do more himself though too.

How is it though? Our last few home games we are creating 30 plus shots on goal. One game was near 40 and we were only scoring a few goals.

Nothing wrong there with how we are playing. Cantwells numbers are pathetic for how much game time he has in this league. Even Dessers has hit double figures and folk see Cantwell as some sort of creative spark when hes anything but this season.

Honestly don't know how folk can defend him with statements like that. 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

How is it though? Our last few home games we are creating 30 plus shots on goal. One game was near 40 and we were only scoring a few goals.

Nothing wrong there with how we are playing. Cantwells numbers are pathetic for how much game time he has in this league. Even Dessers has hit double figures and folk see Cantwell as some sort of creative spark when hes anything but this season.

Was deemed not good enough for Norwich. He’s in the category if we can get him back to form he’ll do well for us…he just doesn’t produce enough to be a 10 for us.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Nothing wrong there with how we are playing. Cantwells numbers are pathetic for hiw much game time he has.

Mate there’s plenty of analysis around about our style of play and multiple managers including McInnes at the weekend have talked about us being quite direct.

He would suit a style that plays more through the midfield. Like I said we did that against Hearts and he looked really good.

I agree with you he needs better numbers and a lot of it is also still down to him.

2 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Was deemed not good enough for Norwich. He’s in the category if we can get him back to form he’ll do well for us…he just doesn’t produce enough to be a 10 for us.

Cortes deemed not good enough for Lens. Sima not good enough for Brighton etc. 

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Cortes deemed not good enough for Lens. Sima not good enough for Brighton etc. 

Not really comparable levels of team tbf.

don't think a player not being good enough for one team is something that always means they won't be good enough for us but he's been bombed from Norwich, Bournemouth and it isn't really working here and it's the same sort of criticisms that have been aimed at him throughout his career at all clubs.

Genuinely wouldn't be bothered either way if he was here or not after the summer.

Good player but flatters to deceive and I just think with the wages that he's on surely we could be getting something more?

Wouldn't start him on Saturday either just because I genuinely cannot recall the last time we started with a proper number 10 and beat them. Of course Cantwell played in the 3-0 but he was like a false 9 with Lundstram, Jack and Raskin behind.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There has to be a reason for his absence. I'm going to surmise he has been told to stay off Instagram, but continues.

It's the only thing I can come up with.

He’s pish anyway. Wouldn’t have made any difference today. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There has to be a reason for his absence. I'm going to surmise he has been told to stay off Instagram, but continues.

It's the only thing I can come up with.

The guys attitude is stinking. Seen all his podcast interviews?, and the way he downplayed being chased out of other clubs, like it wasn't his fault, that he's the best footballer ever, yet his attitude seen him relegated to the reserves or sold?

He's fucking pish. 

And his attitude rots squads.

I 100% believe his Instagram post has been aimed at the Manager.

" Birds Cant Fly In A Cage " 

Almost like he was saying he cant express himself and play like he's being held back and stopped.

Really liked Cantwell when he came up but he's settled right in with his pals and took on their habits.

Used to think he could be a great player for us but sadly that isn't the case. Another who could have been someone but will end up being a nobody that no-one remembers. Sad really. 

He would be great if we had a team of hard men. Ten other guys that will stand up and be counted for 90 mins. He could be the bit flair

But we are not so he needs to chip in and what he does is hit the deck easily, stay there and complain. A lot.

I'd like him to come good as I think he has ability but like a lot say, his attitude appears to not be what we need in a starting player

25 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

I 100% believe his Instagram post has been aimed at the Manager.

" Birds Cant Fly In A Cage " 

Almost like he was saying he cant express himself and play like he's being held back and stopped.

Really liked Cantwell when he came up but he's settled right in with his pals and took on their habits.

I thought at the time it was directly aimed at the manager. Today pretty much confirms that for me.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Boy doesn't have the mentality for a title fight here. Should be shown the door along with many others.

Probably not the ability either tbh.

He never kicked a ball today 

So you criticise Cantwell but you defend Collum.Mmm 🤔