Todd Cantwell

20 hours ago, VanVeenRangers said:

TC sums up the new generation who need to express their feelings via social media. And those who only appear after a win. It was nice to see Tom Lawrence put up his goal from Sunday. But it's silence when we cant beat Ross County or Dundee.

I get your frustration but what benefit would be to Lawrence or anyone else get from posting things after a bad result? All it would do is bring them negativity, even if there's 100 nice comments, the anger would far outweight any positivity.

31 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I get your frustration but what benefit would be to Lawrence or anyone else get from posting things after a bad result? All it would do is bring them negativity, even if there's 100 nice comments, the anger would far outweight any positivity.

It was more a point dont post anything win or lose. Unless they maybe win a trophy 

Might be late to the Party but Todds instagram was relating to a song from Kanye West - Waves.

Sun don't shine in the shade (turn it up!)
Bird can't fly in a cage (turn it up!)
Even when somebody go away (turn it up!)
The feelings don't really go away
That's just the wave (yeah)

17 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Might be late to the Party but Todds instagram was relating to a song from Kanye West - Waves.

Sun don't shine in the shade (turn it up!)
Bird can't fly in a cage (turn it up!)
Even when somebody go away (turn it up!)
The feelings don't really go away
That's just the wave (yeah)

Aye that's what girls do mate, they find lyrics from a song to express to us all how they're feeling in a social media post at that time.

12 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Aye that's what girls do mate, they find lyrics from a song to express to us all how they're feeling in a social media post at that time.

yes mate 100%

There's a core group in this squad who are not up for the fight. He's clearly one of them if he's using song lyrics to express his feelings towards the fans

53 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Need a performance from Cantwell on Saturday reminiscent of his display when he scored against them at Ibrox. He's got it in his locker, needs to show it more

I think we need all our players to find a season-best performance tbh.  Cantwell was poor in his last game I thought, you never really know what type of performance he's going to come out with.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

I agree. Now here we all are using the lyrics Todd used to express his feelings and trying to interpret those song lyrics to understand what his feelings are. 😂

I'm not even sure it means much but he enjoys the drama of it all I reckon.

He’s a funny one, can see he’s talented and has got ability. Doesn’t show it anywhere near enough. Not making any excuses for him but I don’t think it helps his game when we’re slow and everyone behind him is taking 3/4 touches. Think he’s better when there’s more tempo to the game. 

He has been underwhelming this season. celtic looked terrified of him towards the end of last season and he was effective for us. He hasn't been at the same level and has been anonymous in the games against them. Hope he proves me wrong this weekend. 

19 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

He has been underwhelming this season. celtic looked terrified of him towards the end of last season and he was effective for us. He hasn't been at the same level and has been anonymous in the games against them. Hope he proves me wrong this weekend. 

Definitely needs to show more if he is going to be a success here. At this moment I'm not that bothered if he leaves in the summer. 

27 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

He’s a funny one, can see he’s talented and has got ability. Doesn’t show it anywhere near enough. Not making any excuses for him but I don’t think it helps his game when we’re slow and everyone behind him is taking 3/4 touches. Think he’s better when there’s more tempo to the game. 

Much of it is down to him but our style of play generally doesn’t get the best out of him in that we’re very direct.

Hearts semi we looked to get him on the ball much more, partly helped by their midfield set up, and no surprise he looked much better.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Much of it is down to him but our style of play generally doesn’t get the best out of him in that we’re very direct.

Hearts semi we looked to get him on the ball much more, partly helped by their midfield set up, and no surprise he looked much better.

He sounds like a bird stuck in a cage mate. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

He sounds like a bird stuck in a cage mate. 

Only he knows what the silly instagram post was about but I do think we are a bit too direct at times which worsens against better teams. Lots of balls down the line, long crossfield passes from Lundstram from the centre half position, Dessers chasing things down the channels etc.,

We’ll see what happens in the OF but hope we pick our moments better when a pass like that is on and when it isn’t try to keep hold of possession instead of needlessly giving it away.

Can’t remember who said it, but possibly one of the reasons why Raskin isn’t getting a look in  too as longer passing not one of his strengths.

Cantwell like the rest should be head down and 100% focused on Saturday this will prove once and for all if they can put in a performance that is.both convincing and emphatic in terms of staking a claim on their ambitions having let a golden opportunity slide through ineptitude and lack of desire in two key games recently Instagram et al should be the last fucking things on their minds.

Time to deliver including management.

25 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Nothing to do with our style of play, that's a cop out.

Good players shine regardless. He's been poor, nothing more...nothing less.

The truth’s has to be somewhere between the two.

How we play is definitely a factor.

Bit like Kyogo not being as effective as he was as their style of play and his role in their team has changed.

Cantwell needs to do more himself though too.