Injury thread suggestion

Ted E Bayer

Sometimes I think it’s pure bad luck, Danilo fractured cheek & then a fkn bad knee injury & Lawrence with his initial injury. 

Then you look at guys like Roofe, Helander, Jack & Souttar and have to think  there are serious underlying issues re our fitness, training, facilities, rehab, mentality and player trading. 

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

I hope Clement being here ends the stupid signing of players with big injury histories 

Totally agree.  These injuries mean Clement and Gio and Beale before him are hamstrung when looking for continuity in selection and consistency in performance.  It must be so frustrating trying to pick a team with limited options, shoehorning players into positions they either prefer not to play or struggling to reach the standards they're capable of as a result.

47 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m not sure many folks would be interested in the players not available to play. It’s not like we’re jumping for joy when they become available ffs
Seems a weird suggestion 

Fair enough.  A few people have liked the post, so perhaps there is some appetite for it.

Think it would be good for those of us interested to check, at a glance, who's currently injured and how many injuries they've had so far this season and how it compares to the rest of the squad.  It's also a good talking point and perhaps a visual to explain how this is crippling our potential to succeed in a season.

22 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Fair enough.  A few people have liked the post, so perhaps there is some appetite for it.

Think it would be good for those of us interested to check, at a glance, who's currently injured and how many injuries they've had so far this season and how it compares to the rest of the squad.  It's also a good talking point and perhaps a visual to explain how this is crippling our potential to succeed in a season.

Would you commit to the thread? Check in with Rangers medical team to keep it up dated?  

if so get it done. Nothing is stopping you 

Why Oh why ... can we not just have the shit players out injured ... it would be so uplifting to see the squad positively depleted for a change if Dessers and Lammers were out long .... long term.

Is it really  too much to ask for in this season of giving  ... for just a little bit of luck in this area ... not serious injuries just long ...long term ... as in shifted to a club on some part of the Antarctic.

Dear Santa ..... 😛

🇬🇧

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Would you commit to the thread? Check in with Rangers medical team to keep it up dated?  

if so get it done. Nothing is stopping you 

I don't have the ability to pin a post, but I don't mind getting the ball rolling.  Obviously would need to rely on media reports etc rather than the Rangers medical team.  /Sigh

It's doubtful that the cause is any sort of actual training method, as we have had these issues now under 4 different managers.

Is it perhaps the playing surfaces at Auchenhowie?

Are the playing surfaces all the same or are they different at Auchenhowie?

Perhaps training daily on the same surface makes you more liable to injury when you then play on pitches with varying surface types? 

I don't know, just a potential theory.

8 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Am sure Cantwell was out for about a month as well.

Don’t know if that counts as long term mind u. 

Cantwell was hurt in a tackle, I don’t think we can really use injuries as a result of a tackle to have a go at our medical department.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Cantwell was hurt in a tackle, I don’t think we can really use injuries as a result of a tackle to have a go at our medical department.

Fair enough, I just thought this was about injured players this season. 
I must have read the post wrong. 👍

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

While it can’t be blamed for the injury, diagnosis & treatment will be down to the medical department. Our players often seem to take a long time to come back from injuries.

22 minutes ago, left winger said:

While it can’t be blamed for the injury diagnosis & treatment will be down to the medical department. Our players often seem to take a long time to come back from injuries.

Spot on.

Our recovery times are months where it would be weeks elsewhere.

Weeks at Rangers, where it’s days elsewhere.

And we seem to need to baby our returning players, giving them a few minutes to gently ease them back in, poor wee things.

Other teams just say “Xxx is fit again and back in the side “

Been saying for ages that our entire training, sports science, treatment and recovery team are unfit for purpose.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

While it can’t be blamed for the injury, diagnosis & treatment will be down to the medical department. Our players often seem to take a long time to come back from injuries.

Yes. This is the problem. 

Honestly, the Danilo one (among many) really baffles me. Clear to play Hearts on the Wednesday night, but by Friday he will be out for months and he needs surgery. 

Unless Danilo was injured on the Wednesday night and I'm being unfair to them here, but that to the side it feel like the treatment the players receive must be from the 19th Century. 

18 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Yes. This is the problem. 

Honestly, the Danilo one (among many) really baffles me. Clear to play Hearts on the Wednesday night, but by Friday he will be out for months and he needs surgery. 

Unless Danilo was injured on the Wednesday night and I'm being unfair to them here, but that to the side it feel like the treatment the players receive must be from the 19th Century. 

PC said it was the result of a tackle during the Hearts game.