Balogun

PromDeAnglais

Not sure why there's so much revisionism on saying it was mental to let him leave the first time. 

He was/is injury prone. Last season for QPR he missed November to March. Missed chunks of 20/21 and 21/22 for us as well and has been injured this season as well.

Majority of the criticism in the summer was around we were re-singing an injury prone player when we already had another two in Davies and Souttar, and Goldson was starting to pick up injuries too that he never used to.

It's a bit rubbish that he's not available for Europe, but I doubt he could actually play 2 games a week regularly and not have an effect.

He's been solid since Clement came back in but I think the fact he's not playing weekend / midweek / weekend consistently is helping both us and him.

So we didn’t renew his contract (for whatever reasoning), spent £4m+ on a replacement and a season later we bring him back on a free and play him instead of said replacement who’s still on our books. Replacement plays in Euro games but deemed not good enough for domestic football, only at us! 

He’s far from perfect but I always liked Balogun, he’s miles better than King will ever be and Souttar / Davies seem to have more accidents in them than Leon. 

17 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

So we didn’t renew his contract (for whatever reasoning), spent £4m+ on a replacement and a season later we bring him back on a free and play him instead of said replacement who’s still on our books. Replacement plays in Euro games but deemed not good enough for domestic football, only at us! 

He’s far from perfect but I always liked Balogun, he’s miles better than King will ever be and Souttar / Davies seem to have more accidents in them than Leon. 

I always suspected Davies was picked out as the replacement for Goldson, then Goldson signed on again, and the scouting set up was/is so shite with other options they went for him anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

He's been really good recently keeping it simple.

Today he thought he was prime Beckenbaur and it was only a matter of time til he got caught out.

Walsh unsurprisingly making the right decision when it came to sending off a player when he was wearing a Rangers jersey.

Poor poor day from Balogun today.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Hes been really good up until today

But his over exuberance was found out.

CM for the Japs goal in the 2nd half. Embarrassing when we had to keep the head. Being 2 down so soon into the half was amateurish.

Lost us the game.

Yup. Well out of position but having found himself there he can't let the midfielder turn easily and play the ball forward. The ball had to be forced to go back the way and we quickly get back in shape. Poor.

5 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Disagree, had a stinker today but he's better than our other options. 

Doesn't say much about his ability though, the other two options are pish.

He is only better because the rest of the options are even worse. That doesn't mean he's a good option.

Should have never been brought back but then again I wouldn't have trusted Beale to find a player in general.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yup. Well out of position but having found himself there he can't let the midfielder turn easily and play the ball forward. The ball had to be forced to go back the way and we quickly get back in shape. Poor.

Plays on the front foot but has to be smart. 

For that to happen within 5mins of the 2nd half after our dominance in the last 15mins of the first half and big Phil probably doing a rallying cry....

Fucked it.