Dutch Football Twitter - 28k followers

VanVeenRangers

35 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I think (hope!) it’s his agent

There’s been 3 articles in recent days here saying we were interested in the summer I think the Dutch mob are taking it from there.

headline on record site reads something like van veen allowed to leave Groningen with Rangers interest confirmed 

As a third choice striker he’d be fine for the run in post Xmas. He’s coming over to Scotland for personal reasons, has shown he can do it against the dross of the league and would be on very small wages/minimal loan or transfer fee. 

We aren’t getting Shankland for under £3-4million as ECL qualification is worth that to Hearts and he’s crucial for their chances. Whilst he’s slightly better than Van Veen, pound for pound Van Veen is a better signing as a backup, as neither should be starting for us. 

Id be for it, especially if it gives us more money to spend on a better quality of first choice striker. Dessers has already shown he can contribute even if his overall play is limited, so he’s fine as second choice. The question is can you get a player with a better track record than Van Veen here for a spend of under £500k, I’d argue you can’t. 

8 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

As a third choice striker he’d be fine for the run in post Xmas. He’s coming over to Scotland for personal reasons, has shown he can do it against the dross of the league and would be on very small wages/minimal loan or transfer fee. 

We aren’t getting Shankland for under £3-4million as ECL qualification is worth that to Hearts and he’s crucial for their chances. Whilst he’s slightly better than Van Veen, pound for pound Van Veen is a better signing as a backup, as neither should be starting for us. 

Id be for it, especially if it gives us more money to spend on a better quality of first choice striker. Dessers has already shown he can contribute even if his overall play is limited, so he’s fine as second choice. The question is can you get a player with a better track record than Van Veen here for a spend of under £500k, I’d argue you can’t. 

Agreed with this 

15 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Shankland starts for us as it stands.

14 minutes ago, rangersross said:

The idea of us searching for months to find a new Director of Recruitment and his first signing being KVV is so funny. Obviously not going to happen. He'll go to Hibs or Hearts if we find a deal for Shankland.

Would actually be an excellent short term solution for Hearts if we sign Shankland.

15 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Would actually be an excellent short term solution for Hearts if we sign Shankland.

Aye, it would be ideal for us too, because if they do sell Shankland in January (which I still doubt) it’ll only be once they’ve got someone they’re happy with lined up. That could easily drag on weeks but KVV gives you a quick solution (in theory). I’ve heard Hibs are really keen on him though.