Sam Lammers

Broxi

16 minutes ago, beararse said:

Doesn’t hurt me in the slightest.

He’s clearly not one of the worst signings we’ve ever made.

There have been countless worse than him.

A number of worse players, but not many with the financial outlay we committed to him. A truly awful signing.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

I’ve came to the conclusion that the Dutch league is shite.

I have no logic or any explanation.

Barkas is linked with Sevilla.

He is in goals for Lammers team.....

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

It's not shite. It's a proper league ran by competent governing body that have teams willing to play proper football without knuckledragging neanderthals that bring the standard so far down it wouldn't look out of place in the 70s.

Just now, esquire8 said:

It's not shite. It's a proper league ran by competent governing body that have teams willing to play proper football without knuckledragging neanderthals that bring the standard so far down it wouldn't look out of place in the 70s.

I reckon we’d pump the rest of the league.

Hammered Willem II without breaking sweat under Gerrard.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Same conclusion btw. Outwith the usual teams, the rest are on par with the shite in our league I'd say.

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

For the money nope.

He was fucking dreadful 

🤣

Ball cost 6.5m in 2001 (=13.5m in 2024 money) and was sold for about 550k 4 years later (which is around 1m these days) so we lost the equivalent of 12.5m in transfer fees on Ball!

Konterman cost 4.5 in 2000 (=9.3m in 2024) and left for nothing. 

Peña cost 3.2m in 2017 (=4.1m in 2024) and left for nothing.

Christiansen cost £1.7m in 2000 (=3.5m in 2024)and left for nothing.

Mladenvovic cost 1.6m in 2004 (=3m in 2024) and left for nothing.

Rodriguez cost 1.5m in 2005 (=2.7m in 2024) and again was punted for hee haw.

Grezda cost 2m in 2018 (=2.5m in 2024) and was off-loaded for a reported 300k

We’ve also spent big on players who flattered to deceive where we’ve clawed back some money: Guivarc’h cost 3.5m in 1998 (=7.6m in 2024), Salenko cost 3.5m in 1995 (=8.3m in 2024) etc.

None of the above covered themselves in glory and all were a disappointment in a Rangers shirt.

We’ve reportedly paid 3.5m for Lammers, he’s scored 6 goals in the last 6 games on loan at Utrecht and will almost certainly sign for them/another Dutch team for at least 50% what we paid and probably more so we’ll perhaps lose (worst case) 1.75m on him.

There have been plenty worse than Lammwrs with Konterman being the absolute worst by a country mile in terms of quality and cost. At least Ball was a decent player who had an injury then a contract trigger payment: both limited his game time. Konterman was just shite.

We also had the likes of Sebo, Capucho, Beattie and Garner to name but a few who, once you account for inflation and lower/zero sell on fees, will have cost the club more money than Lammers whilst delivering the square root of fuck all.

14 hours ago, beararse said:

🤣

Ball cost 6.5m in 2001 (=13.5m in 2024 money) and was sold for about 550k 4 years later (which is around 1m these days) so we lost the equivalent of 12.5m in transfer fees on Ball!

Konterman cost 4.5 in 2000 (=9.3m in 2024) and left for nothing. 

Peña cost 3.2m in 2017 (=4.1m in 2024) and left for nothing.

Christiansen cost £1.7m in 2000 (=3.5m in 2024)and left for nothing.

Mladenvovic cost 1.6m in 2004 (=3m in 2024) and left for nothing.

Rodriguez cost 1.5m in 2005 (=2.7m in 2024) and again was punted for hee haw.

Grezda cost 2m in 2018 (=2.5m in 2024) and was off-loaded for a reported 300k

We’ve also spent big on players who flattered to deceive where we’ve clawed back some money: Guivarc’h cost 3.5m in 1998 (=7.6m in 2024), Salenko cost 3.5m in 1995 (=8.3m in 2024) etc.

None of the above covered themselves in glory and all were a disappointment in a Rangers shirt.

We’ve reportedly paid 3.5m for Lammers, he’s scored 6 goals in the last 6 games on loan at Utrecht and will almost certainly sign for them/another Dutch team for at least 50% what we paid and probably more so we’ll perhaps lose (worst case) 1.75m on him.

There have been plenty worse than Lammwrs with Konterman being the absolute worst by a country mile in terms of quality and cost. At least Ball was a decent player who had an injury then a contract trigger payment: both limited his game time. Konterman was just shite.

We also had the likes of Sebo, Capucho, Beattie and Garner to name but a few who, once you account for inflation and lower/zero sell on fees, will have cost the club more money than Lammers whilst delivering the square root of fuck all.

Why we selling lammers at a loss when he’s been somewhat successful on loan? 

Being played as an number nine at Utrecht and scoring goals. Sums up our scouting under Beale that he was played behind Dessers as a ten. Given our outlay to sign him he comes back for pre season and gets a run of games as a number nine. 

I Believe he has come out and said we was being played in the wrong position with us as he is a entre forward, still shit but you can see why he struggled

6 minutes ago, mus said:

I Believe he has come out and said we was being played in the wrong position with us as he is a entre forward, still shit but you can see why he struggled

What's his excuse for every other club he played at and was terrible?

1 goal at Sampdoria, 1 goal at Empoli, 1 goal at Frankfurt, 2 goals at Atlanta, 2 goals at Rangers. 

He's about to turn 27 and this is only the 2nd time he's ever scored more than 2 goals.

It's worth saying he's scored as many goals (8) as Dessers since he moved and no one is raving about him. His record is 1 goal every 155 minutes. Dessers since then is 1 goal every 102 minutes.

2 hours ago, Albertzz said:

Why we selling lammers at a loss when he’s been somewhat successful on loan? 

I was  pandering to his critics who seem happy to flog him at half price.

Personally I didn’t think he was that bad at Rangers. Never scored much but did OK in what was (now) obviously not his natural position. He was clearly a lad with some skill.

Id have him back to be honest. Even out of position, he's an upgrade on Lawrence IMO who is absolutely shite but I can’t see him wanting to come back.

30 minutes ago, beararse said:

Personally I didn’t think he was that bad at Rangers. Never scored much but did OK in what was (now) obviously not his natural position. He was clearly a lad with some skill.

Id have him back to be honest. Even out of position, he's an upgrade on Lawrence IMO who is absolutely shite but I can’t see him wanting to come back.

31 appearances, 2 goals, 2 assists and 2 absolute sitters missed. He might be playing well now, but he was complete garbage for us.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

31 appearances, 2 goals, 2 assists and 2 absolute sitters missed. He might be playing well now, but he was complete garbage for us.

We were basically playing with what felt like 10 men most weeks when he was in our team. Absolutely no way does he come back into our team and improve us, he was awful.  Let's hope his performances over in Holland convince a club to take him off our hands for an acceptable fee.

36 minutes ago, beararse said:

Come on to fuck man :lol: 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Cant argue against those stats. I didnt think he was any worse than anyone else under Beale to be honest and he improved under Clement but then fell out of favour. Lacked the mental resilience to play for Rangers, not skill IMO.

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Cant argue against those stats. I didnt think he was any worse than anyone else under Beale to be honest and he improved under Clement but then fell out of favour. Lacked the mental resilience to play for Rangers, not skill IMO.

He was atrocious for us, I don’t think there’s any point in saying otherwise imo 

He just isnt suited to the pace of the game in Scotland. He obviously must have some  ability and is showing it in a slower paced if more technical league. The best result for everyone is if we can recoup what we paid and invest it in a forward that can play in our league.