Official: Lammers joins Utrecht

Broxi

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Think they've pushed him up as a CF from what i've read. 

He's too lightweight to play that role for us, but seems to be thriving across there.

Tom Daly up front for the scum is arguably more lightweight than Sam Lammers and has been a success. I'm not suggesting we bring him back BTW. Roofe and Defoe aren't big physical strikers and when fit done well too. 

14 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Tom Daly up front for the scum is arguably more lightweight than Sam Lammers and has been a success. I'm not suggesting we bring him back BTW. Roofe and Defoe aren't big physical strikers and when fit done well too. 

You can’t compare them. Defoe had elite positioning, movement and finishing. We wouldn’t have been able to afford him in his prime. Roofe we only got as he is broken and he will leave for the same reason. Both are far better finishers than Lammers. 

14 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I get your point reg physicality. Roofe and in particular Defoe had a less physical build but they could both take a challenge, Lammers doesn't appear to relish the physical side. 

35 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I get your point reg physicality. Roofe and in particular Defoe had a less physical build but they could both take a challenge, Lammers doesn't appear to relish the physical side. 

Agree with that regarding Defoe and Roofe however Tom Daly across the road doesn't seem to relish the physical side and it hasn't stopped him. Again not suggesting Lammers should be a Rangers player when his loan spell ends. 

38 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

You can’t compare them. Defoe had elite positioning, movement and finishing. We wouldn’t have been able to afford him in his prime. Roofe we only got as he is broken and he will leave for the same reason. Both are far better finishers than Lammers. 

We're talking about the physicality of the game in Scotland, not any of the other attributes. 

Holy shit. Just reading the comments from their forum:

”Most important thing is that we sign Lammers and make him the highest paid player and give him a nice percentage in possible transfer”

”you can also see from Lammers how much difference one quality player makes. He lifts the entire level to the next level”

”Hopefully next season we sign Lammers”

”according to that troll, Lammers was nothing, not a real striker, couldn’t score goals, not performed anywhere, more a no.10.

Now he is our Messi”

”We are TOTALLY dependent on our “Messi”, Sam Lammers”.

“The man on whom almost everything rests. From goals to assists and keypasses to footballing ability”

”Everything is about Sam”

“Lammers is a football player of a higher level than Utrecht. So you offer a little more to sign him”

Get the cheque book out lads. Sounds like they’re worried they can’t afford him. Hopefully a team with a bigger budget comes in

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The Eredivisie is an absolute fraud league btw 

Class that he’s doing well though, we should get a half decent fee on a guy I thought we’d have to write off for nothing 

I have no logic or any forms of justification but I do agree that it’s shite.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Class that he’s doing well though, we should get a half decent fee on a guy I thought we’d have to write off for nothing 

It’s a funny league. I always wondered how me managed to sign Mols and that he didn’t go to one of their big 3. 

12 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I have no logic or any forms of justification but I do agree that it’s shite.

It suffered also from the financial disparity created in the all their clubs struggle to hang on to any players. They all end up in England / Italy / Spain. That said they are still financially stronger than the SPL by some margin. 

19 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Lammers has single handily ruined the reputation of that league. 

11 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

It’s a funny league. I always wondered how me managed to sign Mols and that he didn’t go to one of their big 3. 

Sadly we were a far more attractive proposition back then. We could offer a lot more money (in relative terms) and having Advocaat as manager definitely helped as well. Same applies to signing Numan and Van Bronckhorst.