*****The Official St Mirren V Rangers Match Thread*****

26 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Phil has said that he picks a specific team for each opponent so he will have a plan in mind for sure

Ferguson was saying how he knew and watch all the different clubs in the league too before joining. Wright has done a job plenty of times before.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Think that team looks defensive as fuck without any pace, flair or creativity. Hope to fuck I’m wrong but I’ve went from super confident to thinking it’ll be a struggle. 🙈

Wrights and Ridvan both quick and Sterling athletic be ok 

2 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Big Phil obviously sees something in Scott Wright to give him a start. Fuck knows what it is but as long as he keeps on racking up the wins I'll be a happy man.

2-0 to the Rangers 🔴🔵🇬🇧

I think its more the fact that wee Ross has started most games and is giving him a wee rest. You have to look after your youngsters.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Confident we wont have any issues. He's obviously seen something in St Mirren or in training to go this way and he's earned our full trust up to this point.

Fair, I think a lot of folk are just scarred by the past, we've seen some absolutely turgid games while setting up defensively in Scottish football.

He hasn't given us a reason not to trust what he's doing though.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Fair, I think a lot of folk are just scarred by the past, we've seen some absolutely turgid games while setting up defensively in Scottish football.

He hasn't given us a reason not to trust what he's doing though.

There have been plenty of turgid games regardless of setup. Its how most teams want the game to go. They want to frustrate the fuck out of us. They do a good job, to be fair.