Calling Decisions Out

I wish this lot could just do their jobs because it’s so tiresome we’re talking at length about referees after every game we play. I’m sick of talking about referees. You expect the odd mistake from a ref that causes a talking point but it seems like they’re the biggest talking point after every game that’s played in Scotland not just Rangers games although I think there’s been a clear bias against us particularly since we went after Collum. VAR has somehow made them even more incompetent, these idiots now won’t actually referee the game in normal time because they’re so scared to get something wrong they’d rather VAR just tells them what to do. 

It’s beyond me how that Casey challenge doesn’t get even looked at yesterday. He knows what he’s doing, it’s a nasty, unnecessary and downright scummy challenge on a young boy who’s just starting his career. For the players these are guys out there doing their jobs at the end of the day and the referee is supposed to be there to protect them but the opposition have carte blanche to kick our team up and down the park because Rangers. Is it going to take a career ender for someone like McCausland before these cunts have any shame about the tackles they allow on our players game after game. 

22 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I wish this lot could just do their jobs because it’s so tiresome we’re talking at length about referees after every game we play. I’m sick of talking about referees. You expect the odd mistake from a ref that causes a talking point but it seems like they’re the biggest talking point after every game that’s played in Scotland not just Rangers games although I think there’s been a clear bias against us particularly since we went after Collum. VAR has somehow made them even more incompetent, these idiots now won’t actually referee the game in normal time because they’re so scared to get something wrong they’d rather VAR just tells them what to do. 

It’s beyond me how that Casey challenge doesn’t get even looked at yesterday. He knows what he’s doing, it’s a nasty, unnecessary and downright scummy challenge on a young boy who’s just starting his career. For the players these are guys out there doing their jobs at the end of the day and the referee is supposed to be there to protect them but the opposition have carte blanche to kick our team up and down the park because Rangers. Is it going to take a career ender for someone like McCausland before these cunts have any shame about the tackles they allow on our players game after game. 

Its Scottish football, its fucked. Run by neanderthals, the dinosaur managers at most clubs just play kick and rush shite and boot the fuck out of anyone that gets in the way. The standard of the game up here is horrendous. And as for the standard of refereeing... I mean VAR should be helping. It's not.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

How is Rodgers allowed to get away with this.

He’s basically calling out Beaton as a cheat. 

Also casually forgetting the joke of a penalty they got. And the dodgy decisions that have gone their way.

Guy's a lizard .

The decisions they've had this season are astonishing, including the woeful penalty they got today.  And he's furious about a karate kick to the face?  It was unlucky but a red, every ref would agree.

The handball again them was shambolic but it was 1 soft pen each.

Robertson giving a penalty for that could have set the narrative for a long day. No wonder it's easy to see conspiracies when that decision is given. Instead, and fortunately, the red card swung the pendulum. Again, Robertson didn't want to send him off, but it was the correct call by the rules of the game. I don't know what Beaton sees in giving Hearts a penalty. It's never a penalty. That one went against them for sure. Still not sure about the offside. Maybe I need new glasses.

Rodgers interview should earn him a fine, but he won't receive one.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Robertson giving a penalty for that could have set the narrative for a long day. No wonder it's easy to see conspiracies when that decision is given. Instead, and fortunately, the red card swung the pendulum. Again, Robertson didn't want to send him off, but it was the correct call by the rules of the game. I don't know what Beaton sees in giving Hearts a penalty. It's never a penalty. That one went against them for sure. Still not sure about the offside. Maybe I need new glasses.

He sees a hand ball on an outstretched arm. It's a shite rule but it's a penalty. We got a similar penalty in Dortmund.

No surprises tonight on Sportscene. Lots of time spend looking at and discussing controversial refereeing decisions when it effects one particular team.

Night and day compared to coverage of the shocking challenge on Saturday and the blatant handball against Killie.

Just a wee reminder to any official who dares to give a decision against them.

8 minutes ago, five stars said:

And that's a red card all day long. Studs in the face at head height when he has every opportunity to pull out of the challenge. 

That red card in the CL knockouts years ago that Man U got, Nani I think? High boot.

Kind of similar but the cellick player's boot was about a foot and a half higher today.

Yesterday proved to me there’s a conspiracy to have Hearts win the league. I mentioned it before on here but yesterday more or less confirmed it. 

Both us and them think theres a bias in favour of the other, but the officials want Hearts to win the league, it’s just the team isn’t good enough to take advantage most weeks 

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He didn’t give them a penalty 

Surprised and shocked at Neil McCann on Sportscene late last night saying it wasn't a red card, his reasoning was he didn't mean to kick him in the face !, FFS his foot was higher than a Can Can dancer and he could have caused a serious injury. Red all day long !

The narrative has well and truly begun !

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

See all this hand ball nonsense, can we just limit it to the 6 yeard box - sure  it will still happen but far far less.

You basically want it to be like rugby or Gaelic football then? Just run about with the ball in your hands? 

5 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

See all this hand ball nonsense, can we just limit it to the 6 yeard box - sure  it will still happen but far far less.

Brilliant mate, we can enter the all Ireland championship in a few years too hopefully 

29 minutes ago, CXB said:

Surprised and shocked at Neil McCann on Sportscene late last night saying it wasn't a red card, his reasoning was he didn't mean to kick him in the face !, FFS his foot was higher than a Can Can dancer and he could have caused a serious injury. Red all day long !

McCann is another media prick , couldn’t believe he said that , said nothing about the mcausland tackle or the 2 penalties at killie

even the 2 halfwits on radio scotland said the Tim’s high boot was a sending off 

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

McCann is another media prick , couldn’t believe he said that , said nothing about the mcausland tackle or the 2 penalties at killie

even the 2 halfwits on radio scotland said the Tim’s high boot was a sending off 

It's mental the gymnastics people are trying to do in order to say the red wasn't a red. 

High boot, intended or not, is endangering an opponent. That should be it, end of story. 

23 minutes ago, CXB said:

He also said the scums penalty was never a penalty and the hearts penalty wasnt either, he called it as he saw it, and lets be honest hes mostly right, scums penalty was a joke, i dont agree with him regarding red card as its serious foul play endangering an opponent but even the hearts penalty was debatable, where the fuck has the defender to put his arms when he gets pushed and in mid air, the bottom line is the refs are truly hopeless and unfit for purpose, they let most things go and rely on VAR to sort it out, all in all its a shit show.

There are far too many penalties given for handball. There's various factors that should be considered in deciding if its a penalty, not just the position of the arm. 

There will always be marginal decisions, but at present there are penalties given that with a bit of common sense should be easy decisions. 

18 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

He also said the scums penalty was never a penalty and the hearts penalty wasnt either, he called it as he saw it, and lets be honest hes mostly right, scums penalty was a joke, i dont agree with him regarding red card as its serious foul play endangering an opponent but even the hearts penalty was debatable, where the fuck has the defender to put his arms when he gets pushed and in mid air, the bottom line is the refs are truly hopeless and unfit for purpose, they let most things go and rely on VAR to sort it out, all in all its a shit show.

He has an opinion without any bias. That's all.

16 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

How can anyone say celtic's.red wasn't a red!?  It's unlucky but most 'studs up' challenges are, most of the time they occur when a player is playing the ball and a purely accidental follow through might catch someone on the calf or knee... chuck in some slow-mo VAR and it's a recipe for red.

If your foot is 6ft off the ground and your studs make contact with an opponents face you just aren't getting away with that in the era of VAR.