*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

15 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tend to agree. But if we drop Lundstram, and I'm assuming no Barisic, then who are we playing in midfield? Dowell and Raskin? Because Sterling may have to play LB. Or Robbie Fraser? It's a complete mess. Suppose we could drop Lawrence back to play alongside Raskin and have Cantwell ahead, but that gives me the fear too. I'd actually be more up for starting McKinnon in the midfield, at least we know we would get a shift.

Front three maybe the easiest to pick with Sima, Roofe and McCausland, but then behind them? Christ.

King can play defensive midfield, can’t he? Obviously not ideal either 

Still gutted about yesterday but I think this might suit us for the run in, I think it's clear that we really struggle under pressure, so maybe leading the league at this stage isn't for the best, we might be better off going top as late in the day as possible, that way we have less time to fuck it up.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

At our best, Jack and Kamara understood that part of their responsibility was to automatically cover for Tavernier and Barisic.

Now we seem to have lost the threat the fullbacks gave us while exposing ourselves to greater threat - worst of both worlds.

When did we last either fullback hit the byeline?

Well said Colin. I seen Sima covering Tav a couple of times yesterday. We need to ensure our wide players have a defensive duty also. If we are playing wingbacks (which we do) then why have we no system in place for counters???  It’s infuriating 

48 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Still gutted about yesterday but I think this might suit us for the run in, I think it's clear that we really struggle under pressure, so maybe leading the league at this stage isn't for the best, we might be better off going top as late in the day as possible, that way we have less time to fuck it up.

If there’s any hint of this team being within touching distance of a league with any amount of games to go you can guarantee it’ll be thrown away. 

We basically need to rely on them to drop about 7 points out with us because that’s a gimme. Never happening, and if they drop 7 we’ll drop 9. 

We need a team out that can press high and intensely, that can win the ball back as quickly as possible when we lose it, without leaving gaps in behind.

With that in mind;

Butland

Balogun Goldson Soutter

Raskin     Lundstrum 
          Cantwell

Sima                 Matondo 
     Dessers   Roofe 

The logical response to the Tav Goldson issue, and playing Sterling is to put DS at RB.

Tav as either the RW or RDM wouldn't be too much of an adjustment for him and allows him to do what he does going forward whilst knowing DS can do the RB role.

So with that in mind it'll be.

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Balogun 

Butland 

Tav souttar balagun fraser (if no yilmaz) 

Lunny sterling 

McCausland  cantwell  Sima 

Silva 

26 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

They've got top six now, so watch them not even try to play football against us.

Anti-football, all behind the ball, be an awful day.

What a farce.

We can deal with anti-football, its opposition that can string more than 2 passes together that make us flap 

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I admire the optimism but a Rangers team that isn't comfortable with being top of the pile is never a Rangers team 

We need to get back to winning ways and do our best to take it to the wire however we have seen this story too many times before from some in our squad countless times