Tav's time is up.

I don’t think I’ve ever criticised Tav on this forum because I believe we have much deeper lying issues, but that was such a poor performance.

How many simple passes did he fail to execute? He had two shots on goal in the first-half and not one hit the target; one in particular almost cleared the stand.

I get the impression the intention was for him to move on, but that hasn’t materialised, so we’re now in a situation where our captain’s head most probably isn’t “in it”.

He's the weakest link in our side and has been for a wee while now

Can't even do the basics anymore and either his confidence or his head is gone, as shown in his "shots" yesterday

Can't pass

can't tackle

can't block crosses

can't attack

can't shoot

can't hit a dead ball anymore(see his corners for proof)

What is he bringing to the table? nothing

Anyways.... disappointing and we pick ourselves up and go again  FFS :headwall:

We had an offer on the table for him did we not and we rejected it, did we want more or did Tav not fancy playing in Turkey ? Either way its only going one way for Tav at Rangers, Clement needs to be ruthless for Tavs sake, the teams sake and his own credibility.

Have to admit it must be hard for Tav mentally, captaining one of the biggest clubs in the UK, and in a time when their fiercest rivals have had unparalleled success, many would argue that he's one of the reasons for their unparalleled success, and I wouldn't disagree with that, would bring a pressure and burden like not many of us could understand, but all the pressure, criticism and abuse has been so constant for so long, it's going to catch up with someone eventually, and it looks like like this is now that time.

That's not a defence of him or his captaincy, more just an acceptance of what guys in that position let themselves in for, not many unsuccessful captains would still be here after so many years so it's hard to compare him to others, maybe our version of Paul McStay, think he had one trophy in 7 years as  their captain, although he was a protected species as far as criticism went.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Have to admit it must be hard for Tav mentally, captaining one of the biggest clubs in the UK, and in a time when their fiercest rivals have had unparalleled success, many would argue that he's one of the reasons for their unparalleled success, and I wouldn't disagree with that, would bring a pressure and burden like not many of us could understand, but all the pressure, criticism and abuse has been so constant for so long, it's going to catch up with someone eventually, and it looks like like this is now that time.

That's not a defence of him or his captaincy, more just an acceptance of what guys in that position let themselves in for, not many unsuccessful captains would still be here after so many years so it's hard to compare him to others, maybe our version of Paul McStay, think he had one trophy in 7 years as  their captain, although he was a protected species as far as criticism went.

Back to the here and now.

He's nowhere near good enough.

We're unlikely to win anything with him in the team.

He could potentially cost Clement this job if he sticks with him.

13 minutes ago, five stars said:

Back to the here and now.

He's nowhere near good enough.

We're unlikely to win anything with him in the team.

He could potentially cost Clement this job if he sticks with him.

Agreed with all of that, what I'm saying is I can understand why the pressure of leading us could take it's toll on him to the point where he's at now.

Bored watching him if im honest and if I never have read another pointless, vacuous programme notes again from him it will be too soon

may as well print a picture of zippy from Rainbow than read that shite week in week out (that isn't his fault its the fault of the club )

19 hours ago, The Godfather said:

He was as big a reason as anyone we got to that final. He's no villain.

The managers picking him, he shouldn't be but he is. That's not Tavs fault.

With how often Sterling is out, don't see who else can play there.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

With how often Sterling is out, don't see who else can play there.

At this point we have to be looking into the youth. Tav offers absolutely nothing now. He's got zero pace, looks terrified on the ball, when he does get it he is making back passes or playing us into trouble. He doesn't look fit or interested anymore.

He can't just play because there's no one else, his form is that bad. Not just for us but for him as a footballer and legend it just can't go on.

Just now, The Godfather said:

At this point we have to be looking into the youth. Tav offers absolutely nothing now. He's got zero pace, looks terrified on the ball, when he does get it he is making back passes or playing us into trouble. He doesn't look fit or interested anymore.

He can't just play because there's no one else, his form is that bad. Not just for us but for him as a footballer and legend it just can't go on.

Devine is the best youth RB we have just now too, not sure who is better between him and Tav.

I agree I think he is completely done, if we can get some more energy in the middle would like Sterling moved to RB, won a ridiculous amount of duels when playing on his wrong side(despite some iffy positioning).

People have been moaning for 72 pages, me included, but what are the options? Sterling is needed in midfield.

I believe the board and Clement expected him to leave this summer and the funds would have been used for his replacement.

We are stuck with him, but he will be stripped of the captaincy at some point.

He was awful against St. Johnstone. Anytime he tried to make a pass he gave it away, anytime someone attacked him he struggled, didn't seem to make as many runs into crossing areas either.

If his ability to run forward and get crosses in, is significantly diminished, he's finished.

Will be a slog of a season, he'll take a lot of stick.

37 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

People have been moaning for 72 pages, me included, but what are the options? Sterling is needed in midfield.

I believe the board and Clement expected him to leave this summer and the funds would have been used for his replacement.

We are stuck with him, but he will be stripped of the captaincy at some point.

He won't be unless he leaves, even if he gets dropped he will remain the club captain and to be honest he should. I don't think changing captains cause someones over the hill ever works.