*****The Official Ross County V Rangers Match Thread*****

23 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Ffs mate, I'm trying to stay a bit positive rather than saying they're going to trounce everyone. 

Edit: I might be getting positive mixed up with delusional :confused:

As the saying goes, it’s the triumph of hope over experience. I think we’ve all been guilty of it but after today I feel like a steamroller has squeezed that last toothpasty bit out of my body tube. I swear we’re all like the the Coyote v the Roadrunner at this point- yes, that box of ACME Dynamite just blew our collective faces off, but by God just see if we’re not back up in a nanosecond actively seeking more punishment.

Just back in and watched the game after I managed to avoid the score. What a fucking bunch of useless bastards. Ross fucking County. We don’t deserve to win the league when we can’t beat dross like that. Minor miracle needed now. What a chance to win the league man. Sick of hearing that we don’t have bottlers in the team coz by fuck we do.  

53 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If Clement can’t mastermind an away win against this current celtic team when will he ever.

Though I did say the same for last week’s game.

It's quite a task tbf. given what he has to work with.

26 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Our main problem apart from our leaky defence is we haven't got a main goalscorer or finisher who can bury teams when we get chances

And I don’t know if Danilo is the answer either. Hes been given a free hit because of the injury but his finishing is sloppy at best 

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

And I don’t know if Danilo is the answer either. Hes been given a free hit because of the injury but his finishing is sloppy at best 

Danilo isn’t perfect and certainly isn’t a penalty box striker but he buries that Dessers chance today IMO

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Next season? We’ll be lucky to spend £10m in the summer. They can and will spend 4 times that. It was too close for comfort for their fans this season, they’ll demand a foot on the throat, much like we would had we have won it with a £60m prize that now completely evaporates after this season. 

They have a financial hold over us now and will have for the next 2-3 seasons because getting into the CL after this season will be too difficult for both clubs

It doesn't matter what their fans demand. Lawelll operates on the basis of just spending enough to beat us - see January, see only getting Rodgers after we beat them in the semifinal.

Can we not qualify for the CL?

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Danilo isn’t perfect and certainly isn’t a penalty box striker but he buries that Dessers chance today IMO

Fuck yes don’t get me wrong give me Danilo, or pretty much any cunt over Dessers but I’m not convinced that Danilo is the quality we need either 

Just now, left winger said:

It doesn't matter what their fans demand. Lawelll operates on the basis of just spending enough to beat us - see January, see only getting Rodgers after we beat them in the semifinal.

Can we not qualify for the CL?

They don’t have to do much to stay ahead of us. 
We need a complete overhaul again 

They’ve got us right where they want us 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

They don’t have to do much to stay ahead of us. 
We need a complete overhaul again 

They’ve got us right where they want us 

That's all true. But because of that they won't push the boat out to ensure they're way ahead of us next season. They'll just do what they think they need to do and no more.

14 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Special mention to Lawrence when he came on especially at the 3rd goal,and his 2 great fouls at the edge of their box great cameo🙄another dud 

Got injured then came back half the player he was. Hopefully still has enough stock in the championship that we can punt him back down easy enough.

20 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Special mention to Lawrence when he came on especially at the 3rd goal,and his 2 great fouls at the edge of their box great cameo🙄another dud 

Matondo’s cameo was almost as bad today but Lawrence really takes the cake, managed to come on for Dowell and be even worse 

13 minutes ago, left winger said:

That's all true. But because of that they won't push the boat out to ensure they're way ahead of us next season. They'll just do what they think they need to do and no more.

Cant blame them. Potentially millions from the CL and millions if they sell the likes of Hatate and O Reilly 

We do the hard work for them 

20 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Game like today was crying out for a Shankland. Modern football obsesses with technical ability. Modern sides like forwards that link up, can track back, can hold the ball up. That is why players like him are not fancied by lots of modern coaches. It is why Boyd struggled overseas and why he often didn't play in European matches for us. But there are matches domestically in particular where you just need a finisher. Walter recognised that. Today was collectively a shocker but with a clinical finisher they could have been dead and buried. We created enough chances in that match to win it. We need a traditional striker in the squad next season. Even if it is someone that doesn't start every match. 

We may live to regret failing to do whatever it took to get Shankland in January.

All the armchair experts with their ‘too old’, ‘too much’, ‘too slow’, ‘no resale value’, etc.

They think we’re a normal club, in normal circumstances.

Normal we most certainly are not.

The only priority is beating the scum to the title.

This year above all others when the CL booty is so much more & could well make the difference for years to come.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

We may live to regret failing to do whatever it took to get Shankland in January.

All the armchair experts with their ‘too old’, ‘too much’, ‘too slow’, ‘no resale value’, etc.

They think we’re a normal club, in normal circumstances.

Normal we most certainly are not.

The only priority is beating the scum to the title.

This year above all others when the CL booty is so much more & could well make the difference for years to come.

Shankland would have won us the league but we couldn’t get him we we’re skint ,loans was all we could get clement admitted that 

Not signing Shankland was always going to haunt us this season. Dessers takes one of those chances first half today and we see that game out. Over the years when we’ve played poorly we’ve had a striker who can put a chance away and get us out of jail. This season we’ve had Dessers. I’m just hoping Shankland can still come to the rescue after the split against them but it’s all looking pretty bleak after today