What players need gone?

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can't believe there's some people who would keep Matondo and Raskin.

There is an argument for Raskin. He is a better player than he is showing atm.

I can't stand players who constantly lose possession. Matondo is one of those players. Those two goals will see him differently amongst some. Not me.

Right now, Butland, Sterling and Cantwell (at a push) are the only 3 worth keeping. Butland will be off in the summer though and Sterling won't be far behind him. 

The depressing this is we fielded 7 players (inc subs) over 30 today and Dessers who is 29.

celtic started no outfield player over 30 with only Kyogo over 26. 

We need to win this title because a huge rebuild is needed in the Summer. Squad badly needs a young, athletic and aggressive streak back to it that can do it over a full season.

County out pressed and outfought us today. We didn’t match their intensity.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

The depressing this is we fielded 7 players (inc subs) over 30 today and Dessers who is 29.

We need to win this title because a huge rebuild is needed in the Summer. Squad badly needs a young, athletic and aggressive streak back to it that can do it over a full season.

Said it in the march thread but they undoubtedly looked fitter and sharper.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Said it in the march thread but they undoubtedly looked fitter and sharper.

Yeh. We’ve had games where we haven’t ripped teams apart with quality. But we’ve been relentless with our press and intensity and organisation and that’s won us games.

Thought we looked miles off it today and recently. Wasn’t really a day of individual errors, we were just outran and outfought. And again stated so lethargically. 

celtic have a younger squad who have played a lot less matches. And get rotated a lot more. 

But this isn’t a great celtic team. If we can get Yilmaz etc back I don’t see a huge difference quality wise. We can definitely turn them over there.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

We aren't winning the league. On drugs if you think we will 

12 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh. We’ve had games where we haven’t ripped teams apart with quality. But we’ve been relentless with our press and intensity and organisation and that’s won us games.

Thought we looked miles off it today and recently. Wasn’t really a day of individual errors, we were just outran and outfought. And again stated so lethargically. 

celtic have a younger squad who have played a lot less matches. And get rotated a lot more. 

But this isn’t a great celtic team. If we can get Yilmaz etc back I don’t see a huge difference quality wise. We can definitely turn them over there.

We can if we have 7 or 8 getting the better of their counterparts.

I think we need to win all six and on current form it sadly doesn’t look likely, but you never know.

Hopefully a lot of analysing over the next couple of days and Clement works out a way to fix what’s going wrong.

Different discussion but can’t believe how little we’re getting out of Silva for example.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What do you want Clement and the players to be thinking out of interest?

Clement - "I can't go into next season with this mob. I need to get rid of them all"

Players - "I think I've had enough at Rangers. I'm going to leave in the summer"

That would be ideal.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What do you want Clement and the players to be thinking out of interest?

That they should be ashamed of themselves for the last 2 weeks, the players more so.

It doesn't matter what I want them to think though because time and time again these players let us all down when it matters. Losers and that's why the last 2 managers got their jotters. The quicker the team is gutted the better because this lot have nothing left 

7 hours ago, HG5 said:

Punt Butland for as much as possible to raise some cash to fund 2/3 other positions.

He was meant to be an upgrade and a difference maker, but 6 goals against in two games suggests that he’s neither.

Can't believe you're the only one pointing out the obvious. Diomande and Cortes (if we want him) are probably going to use up the majority of any transfer kitty we get now, possibly Sima as well. Butland needs to be sold to raise the funds needed to fund an overhaul as major as the one needed. 

We also have to be shrewd about where we buy from as well. Every single transfer has to work. We are a fucking mess right now. 

12 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Can't believe you're the only one pointing out the obvious. Diomande and Cortes (if we want him) are probably going to use up the majority of any transfer kitty we get now, possibly Sima as well. Butland needs to be sold to raise the funds needed to fund an overhaul as major as the one needed. 

We also have to be shrewd about where we buy from as well. Every single transfer has to work. We are a fucking mess right now. 

This is it, with the overhauls we're having to do every other season at the moment, the turnover is much higher than it should be, and thus the hit ratio in signings needs to be spot on. The only successes we've had from the summer have been Butland, Sterling and Sima. We need a much higher hit rate with signings going forward.

If we can get circa £10m for Butland and something for Lammers (not expecting any more than a couple £m for him) and free up a fair chunk on outgoing wages, it should allow us to assemble a much younger but hungrier squad. 

If we're shopping im the South American market the mentality should be right. 

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Thank you mate!

Seems like you’re on the right page, too!

Agreed, every single deal needs to hit the mark from now on.

Not sure we’ve seen enough consistency (and I’d include availability in that) from anybody we have an option on, to warrant following through with a purchase or even extension to the loan.

59 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

A taxi is all we need for those worth keeping and there would still be a spare seat.

Clement has worked miracles but his magic wand is needing a pack of new AA batteries.

Wouldn't say miracles anymore 4 points from 12

9 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

That is the frustration. Over a season you will have games when you’re not at the races in terms of quality. But what should always be there in a Rangers side is a relentless intensity from beginning to end. To be out fought and out pressed by a poor SPL side is not acceptable. It isn’t over and celtic are not all that but it may come down to which side has more of a winning mentality and recent history is not on our side there. 

17 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

Our problems come from player mismanagement above.  I've never been able to swallow the fact we let Bassey and Patterson leave while making do with Barisic and Tav.  

There's two sides to every deal. Maybe we've had next to no decent offers for them. Tav's offensive abilities do not outweigh his defensive howlers, and teams that would pay money that I think we'd want for him, would not go for it. Tav's got by for us for so long because of what he offers us in Europe, not smashing in penalties against St. Mirren and Killie.