Tom Lawrence

2 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Yeah yeah i bet he is eh?  Nobody in the Netherlands thinks he's shite, and i doubt they think he's shite at Dens park either....

The mighty Utrecht who’ve barely ever won a thing took a punt on him probably paying next to nothing for the privilege so they could fight the Go Ahead Eagles and Sparta Rotterdam for 7th place. Hardly like it was Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV or fuck even FC Twente signing him 

The guy is shite, he proved that in his time here. 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Championship wages are still mental. May not get a fee for him but freeing up those wages would be a win.

It'll be a win alright but I don't see anyone paying either a fee or wages that means he leaves without getting a payoff from us.

29 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I wonder if the fans feel bad about destroying Lammers confidence before ever giving him a chance, and now have to watch him tear it up in a much better league while we watch Tom Lawrence fail to control a ball, or contribute anything at all, over 90 mins.

That's enough RM for me tonight.

39 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hes lost the ability to pass the ball so he's not really anything be it a 5, 8, 10, 11 or any number from a pack of fucking cards.

He’s a no.2

Be interesting to know what Bailey Rice’s thoughts when he can’t get near the squad as “he has lots to learn” and then has to watch Tom Lawrence put in a performance like that…

Same could be said for several young players - I know he is injured but Lovelace has had to watch 2 seasons of pretty atrocious forward play and barely been given a sniff of an opportunity.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Reportedly on a massive wage as well.

Another player we are stuck with unless we punt him on loan and pick up a decent chunk of his wages in the process.

The money we have spent and invested on players who have provided absolutely no significant return is borderline criminal.

Our wage bill for first team playing staff was about £48 million last financial year which was up £10 million on the previous year.

Every tackle he made was a foul , every pass he made never found a blue shirt.

The worry here is we knew this before the game so how come he started and played the full game.

As has been said by many Sterling in midfield was the obvious choice with Davies playing at left back.

Clement needs a light bulb moment or this is an another mess we have on our books.

Terrible player, offers nothing and never has. Yet plenty of fans laughed at those saying that weeks and months ago.

But then Scott Wright and Dessers are also terrible players but they'll give you one thing Lawrence won't - work rate.

Last night Lawrence actively put himself in positions where he couldn't receive the ball, because he didn't want the responsibility. Lazy, shameless, shitebag.

7 hours ago, Madina said:

Looked decent in the few games before his injury last season. Now just another meh midfielder in the same bracket as many 

More and more looking like an initial flash in the pan. Maybe we'd have gotten a season at that standard without the injury, but either way looks belows what we need here.