Tom Lawrence

5 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Aw fuck me I didn't even notice the soap dodgers bet 😂 I thought he had news Lawrence was leaving got excited.

Don’t know how reliable the website One Football is but according to them Lawrence, Dowell and Davies have been told to find new clubs.

6 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

He's had a few decent seasons in mid championship teams but it's clear that's where he belongs. 

We really need to stop signing Welsh players.

Not sure it's his nationality that's the problem. He's just shite. We have Portuguese and a Brazilan forwards who have just the 10 goals between them.

I thought Lawrence would be good for us, but since his injury has been pish. 

Time to move him on if we can get a team to take him for a few ££££££. I see he is out of contract end of May 25 so we do not want him walking away next season for nothing.

2 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Don’t know how reliable the website One Football is but according to them Lawrence, Dowell and Davies have been told to find new clubs.

Hopefully.

I do wonder if contract chat and decisions like the above (if true) across the squad are part of the reason our form dropped off a cliff.

2 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

A very small step in the right direction.

Hopefully the stories about Barisic and Lundstram going to Turkey are true as well.

Still plenty of seats on the Departures bus.

7 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lawrence, McCausland and Wright ended the game as the three behind Dessers on Sunday.

Genuinely depressing.

The worst thing about that is that Scott Wright is the best of the 3 at the moment :ang:

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

People do need to separate Lawrence pre injury from Lawrence now when talking about our decision at the time to sign him.

He looked like exactly what we needed in midfield when he first signed. It's a shame it's not worked out but he has to go. Along with Dowell, Davies, Wright and the OOC's and loans ending its a significan turnover of players and thats before we even consider moving on the likes of Yilmaz, Tav, Goldson :ang: 

Thought we were onto a good thing signing him. 

Was looking forward to a physical, technical and a leader on the park type due to his captaincy at Derby.  

Harsh reality is he has failed to deliver on all three.  

3 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I can't see the manager doing that at this stage of the season. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

A very small step in the right direction.

Hopefully the stories about Barisic and Lundstram going to Turkey are true as well.

Still plenty of seats on the Departures bus.

We could charter our own small aircraft and still not have enough seats.  Like you, I’d have no qualms if they both went to Turkey.

One player that has definitely not gained from rotation. I remember one of his first games back....UEFA cup. He waltzed through a defence and got a great shot away. I thought he was back! Next game he was dropped again though. Who knows if he would have got better being played more regularly

5 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I actually think we could get quite decent fees for all, probably from Championship. Would have absolutely no reservations about letting them all go. I feel for Lawrence a bit but no place for being sentimentality. Need to get people out, cash in and give Clement the best opportunity to get better players in. 

4 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not sure it's his nationality that's the problem. He's just shite. We have Portuguese and a Brazilan forwards who have just the 10 goals between them.

Yeah true, but we've had 4 Welsh players now in the last 5 or so years and they've all been... below par is maybe saying it nicely.

3 hours ago, GA1972 said:

The worst thing about that is that Scott Wright is the best of the 3 at the moment :ang:

I'm not sure that he is. None of them have an end product. None of them so they are all equally shite. MaCausland at least has room to improve at his age but right now is no better or worse than the other two. What's frustrating is that every now and again they all show a bit of quality, pace and directness which ultimately leads to nothing actually happening. Their numbers are all shocking for forward players whose main job is to create or score goals. Of they're not doing that (and they're not) then what's the point of having them on the park?