*****Official St Mirren vs Rangers match thread*****

6 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Can't believe I'm typing this as:

1. it will never happen. and

2. I've always been in the 'stop this chat' when its mentioned as he's clearly not a winger, but I would genuinely play Sterling right back against them at the piggery, and given our lack of wide options, put Tav wide right and just put him against Taylor.

Watching Tav just now I'm convinced if he plays against them he will cost us a goal (probably in first half) and will be targeted, he's just getting caught far too much defensively, especially early doors. And I think their game plan is to get in about Tav and Goldson when they play us to disrupt our play. So Balogun in, and remove him as a weak link for a better defender.

So as bonkers as it probably sounds given we've had this for years, I feel like 'fuck it' we may as well finally try something different against them. We have limited options wide anyway, and you keep him on the park as a goal threat for freekicks or arriving at the back post.

I've heard some crazy shit in my time here, and there is nothing crazy about this. Tav is a liability. Put him somewhere safer. After all, in a must-win match that not one of us can imagine this lot being able to win, it might be worth it.

12 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

What does this even mean? They players should just chuck the rest of the games?

Do you think we don't look at next season till the leagues over? :confused:

Us fans 👍

12 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

What does this even mean? They players should just chuck the rest of the games?

Do you think we don't look at next season till the leagues over? :confused:

Been playing like they’ve chucked it for half a dozen games to be fair. 

12 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Yeah may as well chuck it now, spot on mate.

giphy.gif

I have…I’ve been preparing myself for it since RC.

If I’m wrong there will be no one happier than me.

But I haven’t seen anything in last 3 games that gives me the slightest confidence we will win the league.

2 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

I have…I’ve been preparing myself for it since RC.

If I’m wrong there will be no one happier than me.

But I haven’t seen anything in last 3 games that gives me the slightest confidence we will win the league.

I've been pretty broken since the RC game as well. And I agree we don't look at all likely to win the title, or win at their bit.

But, football is football and you just never know. It throws up unexpected things every week, that's why I never win any fucking bets :lol:

18 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Can't believe I'm typing this as:

1. it will never happen. and

2. I've always been in the 'stop this chat' when its mentioned as he's clearly not a winger, but I would genuinely play Sterling right back against them at the piggery, and given our lack of wide options, put Tav wide right and just put him against Taylor.

Watching Tav just now I'm convinced if he plays against them he will cost us a goal (probably in first half) and will be targeted, he's just getting caught far too much defensively, especially early doors. And I think their game plan is to get in about Tav and Goldson when they play us to disrupt our play. So Balogun in, and remove him as a weak link for a better defender.

So as bonkers as it probably sounds given we've had this for years, I feel like 'fuck it' we may as well finally try something different against them. We have limited options wide anyway, and you keep him on the park as a goal threat for freekicks or arriving at the back post.

💯 %.. tav canny defend so swap him and Dujon.