*****Official St Mirren vs Rangers match thread*****

Can't believe I'm typing this as:

1. it will never happen. and

2. I've always been in the 'stop this chat' when its mentioned as he's clearly not a winger, but I would genuinely play Sterling right back against them at the piggery, and given our lack of wide options, put Tav wide right and just put him against Taylor.

Watching Tav just now I'm convinced if he plays against them he will cost us a goal (probably in first half) and will be targeted, he's just getting caught far too much defensively, especially early doors. And I think their game plan is to get in about Tav and Goldson when they play us to disrupt our play. So Balogun in, and remove him as a weak link for a better defender.

So as bonkers as it probably sounds given we've had this for years, I feel like 'fuck it' we may as well finally try something different against them. We have limited options wide anyway, and you keep him on the park as a goal threat for freekicks or arriving at the back post.

That was a hard afternoon.

Can't dress it up, but 3 points so important, got them eventually with a slog.

Miles and miles off the pace of were we have been hitting 5 weeks ago. Wankers thought they had basically won league against Hearts.

Tavs head gas gone, Lundstram o fuck, I really don't know where to start, clearly negotiating a new contract hit him and his bottle, cause it's popped. Goldson I'd were he should be.

Silva is so bad, right up with the worst ever. Lawrence is a headless legless chicken now. McCausland if a trialist wouldn't get a run home last few months. Wright should not wear our badge.

Breaks me to admit, this current dross aside from 1 or 2 possibly 3 at push don't have anything in them to go to piggery of shame and buggery and get a win or turn them over in SCF.

Big pre season for Phil, who I rate, even bigger for board, who I have never forgiven or trusted since standing still at 55.

Just now, Swagger said:

See what you’re saying but Sterling has to be a first pick midfielder. His energy is needed there and for me he’s wasted anywhere else. 

Hatate and O Rielly will run rings around our midfield. Sterling in there tightens things right up. 

I know, we're short in so many areas.

I'd ideally want him there as well, but I fear watching Tav atm given how they will press him. 

But yeah, I was one of the biggest complainers about our midfield last time so totally get that as well. Lets just hope he steps up

10 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

I know, we're short in so many areas.

I'd ideally want him there as well, but I fear watching Tav atm given how they will press him. 

But yeah, I was one of the biggest complainers about our midfield last time so totally get that as well. Lets just hope he steps up

We need to drop Lundstrum and put Sterling in there. II would bring back Goldson and push Balogun out to right back and bring Tavernier into midfied. Along with Steling, Diomande and Cantwell that is as energetic a midfield as we can play. celtic struggle as much as we do with pace.

We need to do something more experimental otherwise its a busted flush.

5 minutes ago, bassettger said:

We need to drop Lundstrum and put Sterling in there. II would bring back Goldson and push Balogun out to right back and bring Tavernier into midfied. Along with Steling, Diomande and Cantwell that is as energetic a midfield as we can play. celtic struggle as much as we do with pace.

We need to do something more experimental otherwise its a busted flush.

Yeah I would also mix it up, but tbh as much as we speculate, Clement is never gonna rip it up, he will pick a similar team to what we've seen week on week

3 hours ago, Redmond7 said:

We appeared to lack desire and intensity the whole match - ok I get St Mirren are a decent team, fighting for a European place etc and have done ok this season, but any set of players for whatever team they are playing, if they are within touching distance of a domestic treble, should be busting  a gut to achieve that. I didnt see that at all from anyone wearing blue today. I get we all think they are bottlers, but do none of them have an ounce of personal pride or desire to actually win something. It's really baffling, because we know they can beat better teams than St Mirren.

I thought we started well enough - at least for first 10-15 minutes , but yeah , you're right , by the look of some of those players it looked your typical end of season clash instead of a title race . 

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

We’re not winning the league, quicker we get used to it and prepare for next season the better.

What does this even mean? They players should just chuck the rest of the games?

Do you think we don't look at next season till the leagues over? :confused: