*****The Official Scottish Cup Final Match Thread*****

24 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'm in a positive mood for this just now, expecting our end to be unreal

You’re easily pleased with atmospheres mate, you rated the semi final highly and it sounded pretty flat 

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

If only we had two sterling's...

One for Rb and one for Cdm.

We really miss athleticism and power middle of the park. Some one press and knock others of their stride.

hearts and killi have been their bigger obstacles this year.

Both packed the middle hearts go 3-5-2 - one quick forward running in behind/ channels.

With that plan....

Butland

Balogun Soutter Davies 

Tav  Sterling  Dio  Raskin Ridvan

Dessers    Sima

Yep, first though after CP was we need to go 3-1-4-2. Control the midfield with Tav and Barasic or Ridvan high up. Sterling as the 1, Lundstram as the DM in the 4. I'd give Sima a free role as the other striker off of Dessers. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Borna is / was injured.

Lundstram was a disgrace in the last OF game and shouldn't wear our jersey again.

They keep steamrolling through or midfield because we play a front 4 against them who are pretty shite. Your selection doesn't address that at all, it just shuffles the pack with a different 4.

I'd greet if that's the starting 11 at the weekend.

Initially, after the OF game I felt the same.  But I want to win the cup more and the alternatives aren't great. It's just possible that he will want to make up for that performance.

I know it won't be a popular post but this would be my starting 11, I've not decided on CH coz i don't know who is fit yet. 

Butland

Tav

Balogun/? 

Souttar/Davies

Ridvan

Sterling

Lundstram 

Cantwell 

Sima

Dessers 

Mcausland 

Our best form was when Sterling and Lundstram played together. 

59 minutes ago, Southsider said:

You're leaving out Sterling?

No id have him first name on the team sheet in the middle of the park

Thats what i think he’ll go with 

A lot of it will depend on fitness, particularly when to pitch Sima in. This match could go to 120 minutes and we have quite a few who can't last 90. Tactically, clement is Aware that celtic make strong starts and fade and we makepoor starts and then strengthen. Mostly. I'd pitch in my strongest and try to win it by scoring early even if that means ending without Sima and ridvan etc.

If Sima is fit he should be starting off the left. He's arguably our best outfield player, his best position is off the left and Silva is also a complete enigma.

He causes johnston all sorts of problems but his finishing is fucking woeful at times and defensively he's a man down. celtic were running all over us down that last side and he was at least a third of the reason why along with Lundstram and Barisic.

We cannot have passengers letting guys simply run off them time and time again like johnston was with Silva.

35 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Silva is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. He’s one of the only outfield players that got pass marks for me against them last weekend 

I think he had a good game overall but he switched off and was at fault for their first goal. I would worry about him defensively. 

21 minutes ago, Arfield Salute said:

I think he had a good game overall but he switched off and was at fault for their first goal. I would worry about him defensively. 

He was giving Johnston a nightmare down that side. We are shite defensively and it’s not going to change next weekend 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Borna is / was injured.

Lundstram was a disgrace in the last OF game and shouldn't wear our jersey again.

They keep steamrolling through or midfield because we play a front 4 against them who are pretty shite. Your selection doesn't address that at all, it just shuffles the pack with a different 4.

I'd greet if that's the starting 11 at the weekend.

If barisic and Jack were fit I'd start both because yilmaz is absolutely awful, take your point re Lundstram but I honestly think he's a better option than raskin or diamonde who have showed nothing recently,  I just wish Jack had 90 minutes in him for this one. And by the way I was greetin when I seen the last 2 teams Clement started against them.

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Your bench would batter your starting 11

Can’t believe you left out McCoist and Hateley btw 

:thumbup:

Terribly sorry mate

But as It is only them ... I was told by Walter that Ally and Mark were being rested for the Euro games where there would be better competition ... and less chance of them getting injured ...😛

🇬🇧

1 hour ago, the old guard said:

If barisic and Jack were fit I'd start both because yilmaz is absolutely awful, take your point re Lundstram but I honestly think he's a better option than raskin or diamonde who have showed nothing recently,  I just wish Jack had 90 minutes in him for this one. And by the way I was greetin when I seen the last 2 teams Clement started against them.

Barisic, aye nae bother. The biggest bottle merchant out there. As for Jack. Should have kept Arfield and got rid of that perma injured waste of time. 

3 hours ago, Southsider said:

Initially, after the OF game I felt the same.  But I want to win the cup more and the alternatives aren't great. It's just possible that he will want to make up for that performance.

He's not had a positive impact in most of them, he's not worth the risk that would  one with playing any player due to sign a contract elsewhere soon. Lundstram will look after Lundstram not put it on the line for us.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Silva is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. He’s one of the only outfield players that got pass marks for me against them last weekend 

As long as it's out wide, he's pretty awful when he's been played as CF.

Silva can only play if he has no defensive responsibilities whatsoever. He stops tracking and let's his man drift off him in and around the box far too often.

He offers the left back pretty much no cover for overlapping and underlapping opponents. 

I'd maybe contemplate him and Sima up front if we flooded the midfield with natural midfielders. Dread seeing him again on left of 3 in a 4231.