Ibrox Development

hate to state the obvious, but it seems its needed since am not a board member/project manager

why wasint all materials purchased during season and stocked in a suitable nearby storage depot, then works could start to a fixed time table  ....easy peasy 

18 minutes ago, starofdavid said:

hate to state the obvious, but it seems its needed since am not a board member/project manager

why wasint all materials purchased during season and stocked in a suitable nearby storage depot, then works could start to a fixed time table  ....easy peasy 

That would be forward planning and preperation to negate any delays, not a thing we do.

On 26/06/2024 at 21:45, mus said:

The thing that gets me is that if they games are moved to say Murrayfield then some fans may struggle to get there, plus there will be additional costs involved, and I expect the club will just expect the fans to shell out more money at their own expense for what is the Club's balls up essentially 

"if they go to dublin we will follow on":craphead:

8 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Wonder how much this will impact our transfer budget, can imagine it will run into the millions. 

I imagine the impact will go far beyond that, correct as you are in thinking that it will reduce our spending power.

There will be the ‘do they know how to run a fucking football club’ factor, which may hinder us for years to come.

3 hours ago, starofdavid said:

Because that's not how it works 🤣🤣🤣.

The contractors will order it in but won't sit with it "stored" as it goes as a negative on their books.

It also depends on what terms Rangers have with their contractors who will be due monies either 30, 45 or 60 days after works completed

Not many companies could afford to order and pay and store materials for ,6 months or so waiting on material 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, starofdavid said:

Basically, £££££££££££

It doesn’t make sense for anyone unless they’re cash rich, which Rangers definitely aren’t. 

Rangers should have put in stiff penalty clauses on the main contractor for late delivery of the project. 15% of the project cost for every month it runs late would not be unusual for important building projects. They need a proper project manager to look after infrastructure projects. Not surprised someone got fired.

7 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Because that's not how it works 🤣🤣🤣.

The contractors will order it in but won't sit with it "stored" as it goes as a negative on their books.

It also depends on what terms Rangers have with their contractors who will be due monies either 30, 45 or 60 days after works completed

Not many companies could afford to order and pay and store materials for ,6 months or so waiting on material 🤣🤣

There's no reason why it couldn't work thar way when the timescales are so tight for a job.

If the materials were available it would still have been neat to have the works completed in the maximum 3 months or so available.

The materials being available were arguably the biggest risk outwith the control of the contractor, and the one that appears to have fucked up the project regardless of whether it's the wrong materials that came in or no materials.

Rangers could have paid a bigger proportion up front for materials if it's about costs if that was an identified big risk. Not like folk don't do that with extensions at home etc where I wouldn't expect the contractor to pay for all materials until the job was done. 

12 hours ago, starofdavid said:

We probably thought they done next day delivery on Steel from Asia.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Is it the board’s preference to reverse our fixtures at the start of the season? If so have they officially requested this to the SPFL? If so why was it not allowed to proceed in that way? 

if only someone would let us know what is going on. 

9 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Funny how media haven't reported on this 

Tbh other than on here I haven’t heard a single thing about any of it. From NI so I don’t get news on Scottish football unless I actively go seeking it 

If I didn’t come on here I probably could have left myself entirely in the dark that any of this was even happening :lol:

13 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Heading over for first home game against Motherwell. Hopefully playing it somewhere handy like the airport carpark 

Mind in lockdown Morelos was spotted training in one of the hotel car parks at Glasgow airport  :lol:

Think it was one of his usual late jaunts back from Colombia and he had to quarantine in the hotel or something 

13 minutes ago, Johnnyem said:

Why does the whole stadium need to be closed off, surely three stands open plus a 4th partially open is possible and a better solution? If it's only for a couple of games it is surely doable

There's a great big crane on the pitch causing all sorts of damage to the playing surface which will have to be repaired before any games can be played.

17 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

There's a great big crane on the pitch causing all sorts of damage to the playing surface which will have to be repaired before any games can be played.

Well that was a bit daft placing that there when it had no materials to lift into place, and it's no doubt costing a fortune for the hire of.

1 hour ago, Blues Brother said:

Is it the board’s preference to reverse our fixtures at the start of the season? If so have they officially requested this to the SPFL? If so why was it not allowed to proceed in that way? 

if only someone would let us know what is going on. 

Seems sensible to flip the initial fixtures.

Still leaves us with Europe mind you. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's no reason why it couldn't work thar way when the timescales are so tight for a job.

If the materials were available it would still have been neat to have the works completed in the maximum 3 months or so available.

The materials being available were arguably the biggest risk outwith the control of the contractor, and the one that appears to have fucked up the project regardless of whether it's the wrong materials that came in or no materials.

Rangers could have paid a bigger proportion up front for materials if it's about costs if that was an identified big risk. Not like folk don't do that with extensions at home etc where I wouldn't expect the contractor to pay for all materials until the job was done. 

You're talking about folk doing home extensions, typically that's smaller local companies, using local building merchants. You can phone up Monday, and get your materials that day or next day, any day of that week you want really, and it'll be paid for that day, either by the customer or the builder.

Bigger projects (commercial and industrial), bit more specific dimensions and unique order requests - site agent is getting given a timeframe of when he'll be getting steel to site, large fabricated pieces etc so he basically plans whole job around that so that it flows, line up all the other trades and services etc.

Sometimes shit hits the fan. 

8 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

You're talking about folk doing home extensions, typically that's smaller local companies, using local building merchants. You can phone up Monday, and get your materials that day or next day, any day of that week you want really, and it'll be paid for that day, either by the customer or the builder.

Bigger projects (commercial and industrial), bit more specific dimensions and unique order requests - site agent is getting given a timeframe of when he'll be getting steel to site, large fabricated pieces etc so he basically plans whole job around that so that it flows, line up all the other trades and services etc.

Sometimes shit hits the fan. 

Seems like excuses tbh when materials being an integral part of the build need to come from so far, with lengthy lead times, and we've not got them checked and double checked before we start the work.

I'd get new problems that contractors couldn't be aware of delaying a job. But materials just shouldn't be given how long it takes to get them and us having a set tight timescale.

And my point about extensions was in relation to cost being why the material wouldn't be brought in for the start of the works.