Ibrox Development

We could probably do the temp pitch lay on the affected section and do a full relay next summer. Don't know how that would hold up an entire season though and probably have to do it twice with the international break.

Manageable but would knacker the Copland season ticket holders for a while then it will delay the work further.

10 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Probably not but we are constantly told there are 13000 on the Eason ticket waiting list, so not too far fetched to assume half of that would buy tickets for Murrayfield.

Imagine additional 40-50k on the M8. Carnage

Can see seatsub being popular as a ticket return option

1 hour ago, Albertz85 said:

Imagine additional 40-50k on the M8. Carnage

Can see seatsub being popular as a ticket return option

It's never gonna be that. Folk come from all directions to Ibrox / various transport methods. If it was Edinburgh all the traffics no coming from Glasgow on road 😂

4 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Long overdue the Rangers board actually providing us with clarity on the entire situation.  We know it's a shambles but why did it happen?  Who was responsible?  Has anyone been sacked?  What will this mess cost?  Is there any route to the club receiving compensation?  What are the interim venue options?  What is the revised date for Ibrox reopening in full?   

Also, where is the new fans board in trying to get answers?

The Fan Advisory Board met with the club’s Executive Board at Ibrox last Monday (June 17) for one of our planned quarterly meetings and we asked for progress on the Copland redevelopment to be included as part of the agenda. We discussed the latest state of play around the works and, it’s fair to say, the announcement from the club less than 72 hours later on the extent of the delays took us by surprise. We have subsequently written to the club to express our concern on some pertinent issues from our meeting, not least the impact of any potential delays on the first team and fan base. We expect the full minutes of our meeting, including the discussions around the Copland Road redevelopment, to be available shortly in the Fan Engagement section of the official club website. We also included, in our communication to the club last Friday (June 21), an offer to help shape any contingency planning to the benefit of our fans where possible. We stand ready to support if asked. Whilst we had originally planned to have a broader discussion on stadium expansion options at this meeting, with James Bisgrove moving on and John Bennett being unable to attend this meeting due to prior commitments, we have carried this item over to our next meeting which we plan to take place around the start of the new season. Thanks again for making contact – please be assured we are very mindful of the strength of feeling of supporters on the Copland Road redevelopment and will continue to push the Executive Board to share as much information, as quickly as possible, with the fanbase.

21 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

What a stupid thing to say tbh. 
I swear folks love to fucking dis us at every opportunity 

In your opinion.  

Dont need to diss us as the board are doing a good ebough job without any input from the fans. The whole timescale was fanciful and anyone in construction would tell you the timescales were far too tight.  Since COVID the delivery of materials has been random to say the least. 

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I have 3 STs in Copland Rear and as much as it pains me, we should play at Ibrox with 3 stands  open.  That will depend on the grass being playable at that end.   Give the affected fans access to RTV to watch the missed games live.   

Very unlikely that is possible.

There is a lot of work still to be done on the stand, that can't be done with games happening. 

Getting cranes and other machinery in and out is not a quick thing that you can do on the day of a match, not to mention the damage to the pitch. 

29 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Very unlikely that is possible.

There is a lot of work still to be done on the stand, that can't be done with games happening. 

Getting cranes and other machinery in and out is not a quick thing that you can do on the day of a match, not to mention the damage to the pitch. 

I basically said as much when I said it would depend on the pitch being playable.   I don't have the programme of works therefore can only speculate on what can be done over what period of time.  The crane sitting there is mobile.

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Read Robert Marshall on FF saying we shouldn’t be questioning the board publicly. Where do you even start with pish like that? No wi see the club is in the mess it’s in FS!

That place is run like North Korea. It's a case of "shut up, accept shit, and enjoy it" 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The more I see stuff like this the more I realise that our board of directors don’t care about the support one bit. I realise a lot of money come in from sponsorship deals etc but without the fans there wouldn’t be a club and they need to remember this. I’ve got no faith in them at all.

6 hours ago, esquire8 said:

We could probably do the temp pitch lay on the affected section and do a full relay next summer. Don't know how that would hold up an entire season though and probably have to do it twice with the international break.

Manageable but would knacker the Copland season ticket holders for a while then it will delay the work further.

No offence mate but you’ve not got  a clue what yer yakking on about 

45 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Read Robert Marshall on FF saying we shouldn’t be questioning the board publicly. Where do you even start with pish like that? No wi see the club is in the mess it’s in FS!

Fucking mental the likes of him think this is acceptable. Even since the delay was announced, nothing not even an interview ffs

41 minutes ago, B1872 said:

This is the kind of "head in the sand" approach that got the Club into serious shit in 2012. 

Rumours are now rife in the construction industry that it's a far more serious issue than the Board have let on.

I seriously hope that is not the case, but this is what happens in the up-date vacuum coming out of the Club.

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

In your opinion.  

Dont need to diss us as the board are doing a good ebough job without any input from the fans. The whole timescale was fanciful and anyone in construction would tell you the timescales were far too tight.  Since COVID the delivery of materials has been random to say the least. 

It’s fucking stupid because the disabled viewing area will not be on the cantilever it’s to be at the rear of the Copeland  front. The most disabled facilities of any club in Scotland and the majority in England. 
There was also a consultation period with stakeholders and fans - did you miss it? Or not get involved?  

Did you see the plans and timescale?  Were you aware of assurances regarding delivery times?

or do you just was to dig at the club all the time?  

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s fucking stupid because the disabled viewing area will not be on the cantilever it’s to be at the rear of the Copeland  front. The most disabled facilities of any club in Scotland and the majority in England. 
There was also a consultation period with stakeholders and fans - did you miss it? Or not get involved?  

Did you see the plans and timescale?  Were you aware of assurances regarding delivery times?

or do you just was to dig at the club all the time?  

Dry yer knickers sweetheart. Tough couple of days? 

Your first comment is mince as I never said the disabled section would be on the cantilever. 

I was interested to see the plans but there were no scaled drawings on the GCC planning website (I did check a couple of times as I was interested in the set up). 

Lastly, my point about timescales still stands up. You can make as many "assurances" as you want regarding material but when its coming from the far east or elsewhere there is massive scope for timescale issues. 

Going by your reaction it seems it was either you that measured it or placed the order.  Seems to be I'm no allowed an opinion on this one :lol:

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Seems thats the party line going by the reply to my opinion on the matter