Pre-season starts tomorrow

Can't wait to see our new young hungry team have the fire ripped out of it by the end of the preseason fixtures and we're all dreading the inevitable first game at Tannadice like last season

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Brought in…

- Cortes

- Nsiala

- Jefte

- Barron

and likely to be Igamane announced tomorrow, and Kelly once Scotland go out. 

Slightly disappointed to not have shifted any diddies yet and looking really light on quality in forward areas at the moment, but still excited to see what these new guys offer and where they fit in the squad.

GK Butland, McCrorie, Kelly

RB Tav Devine

LB Ridvan Jefte

CB Goldson Balogun Nsiala Souttar Davies King

CM Diomande Sterling Barron Raskin Cifuentes

AM Cantwell Lawrence Hagi Dowell Lammers

RW Cortes Wright McCausland

LW Matondo

CF Dessers Igamane Danilo 

When you lay it all out, there’s some serious work to be done actually. So much shite to try and shift on. Could move the 5 attacking midfielders on and wouldn’t miss a single one of their contributions. 

When you look at that squad, there’s about 11 players we need rid of which wouldn’t be a big miss and allow us to bring in circa 5-6 players who’d be first team starters. 

Goldson, Davies, Cifuentes, Lawrence, Hagi, Lammers and Dessers all need to be shifted. That’s likely £180k p/w or £9.35million approx per year of dead wages which give us little/no return. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

When you look at that squad, there’s about 11 players we need rid of which wouldn’t be a big miss and allow us to bring in circa 5-6 players who’d be first team starters. 

Goldson, Davies, Cifuentes, Lawrence, Hagi, Lammers and Dessers all need to be shifted. That’s likely £180k p/w or £9.35million approx per year of dead wages which give us little/no return. 

I don’t think you can say Dessers gives us no return. He’s absolutely fine as a 2nd choice striker. Unfair to lump him in with some of the others. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think you can say Dessers gives us no return. He’s absolutely fine as a 2nd choice striker. Unfair to lump him in with some of the others. 

For the money he is on and the price we paid we can't have a second choice on those numbers. Financially a disaster.

I know we have issues all over the pitch apart from GK currently, but in particular, I cannot believe how bad that midfield is on paper. 

Would happily bin at least half of them and not give it a second thought. 

On 23/06/2024 at 10:50, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Expecting Nsiala and Cortes to be starters. Igamame and Jefte to be punts we hope we can turn into something. Barron somewhere in between.

Content enough with that and the fact we're looking to add physicality and youth but expecting the level of player we bring in to start increasing by a fair bit.

Also need to start shifting on as many of Tav, Goldson, Davies, Yilmaz, Dowell, Lawrence, Raskin, Matondo, Cantwell, Wright, Dessers and Lammers as possible.

I spoke with big mate yesterday he was at Aberdeen last season on the coaching staff,I was asking him about Barron, he thinks as long as we change our style of play....ie a lot less long balls then he will do well for us, claims he is a very good player on the ball and should get a lot of decent game time, asked him about us trying to sign him in January, apparently we never made an enquiry but the other mob had a £250k bid knocked back 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Can people refrain from posting pictures of players who were here last season.

I’m enjoying my summer, don’t ruin it please.

Regards,

SB

Just for you.

Kind regards,

E8

20240624_193927.jpg