*****Manchester United v Rangers*****

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Beaten in the second half by 10 under 21 players😠

utter shite , 2 things when playing better teams in a pre season  we’ll lose and we’ll be awful .

if Lawrence and wright and dessers play at Tynecastle we’ll lose

Fling in Jefte and Davies as well. Both were utter pish.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

What's the story with Lammers mate? Obviously he done exceptionally well on his loan spell but I've not been following things lately. 

No sure myself.

He is back at the club and off with the B team.

Either wants away or Manager wants him away I would assume

It’s a combination of the players at his disposal and his approach imo.

Can’t just use the excuse of the players - we’re not seeing any evolution in what he’s trying to do since he first came in and made us more direct.

That’s literally it, there’s nothing else.

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Fling in Jefte and Davies as well. Both were utter pish.

At least Jefte has the excuse that he's still settling in but Davies has been here for ages and never looked anything other than terrible. 

We have a staggering lack of quality.

Teams like that often have at least one talisman to turn to. They often have someone you can rely on or at least hope to make something happen. Tavernier being that man for this squad, and we need better.

Im happy to see him move on, but it highlights just how bang average a squad we have. I honestly look at that squad and think we are closer to Hearts than we are celtic in terms of quality.

It is damming, and we hugely need an influx of quality - across the board.

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

That’s one of the big issues - we’ve seen worse Rangers sides but this lot  are a detestable shower of cunts 

They will empty Ibrox, oh sorry Hampden. We are crap from the boardroom to the pitch. Playing players going through the motions. Not on.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

In a bit late to this but did Tom Commentator really call Scott Wright “stage fright wright”?

Who needs fucking enemies 😂

Aye he did. I caught it earlier :lol:

You know the gig is up when your own club commentator is taking the piss.

27 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Maybe thats why the silence from the board? Cannae polish a turd 

It's been coming for a while this realisation. We wrung everything out of players who won 55 with absolutely no clear succession plan for most of them. Any money we have spent we gave to a moron to squander.

It's been a long slow bite on the arse but it's well and truly bitten now.

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

At least Jefte has the excuse that he's still settling in but Davies has been here for ages and never looked anything other than terrible. 

Jefte was exposed by Cortes not tracking back. At leSt he gave his all. Agree Davies is poor.

On the surface it's a pre season game against a team that should be beating us.

However, the performances are carrying over from last season, the individual errors are the same ones giving goals away, the play still honks to high heavens. 

There are major red flags, especially when you add in the off field happenings, the lack of any transfer money, the lack of contracted players leaving. 

Very worrying as well considering we're at least 2 weeks further into pre-season than Manchester United are, and they won that at a canter. 

Just now, bassettger said:

Jefte was exposed by Cortes not tracking back. At leSt he gave his all. Agree Davies is poor.

The whole left side was a bombscare especially in the first half. MU spotted that very quickly and exploited it. 

If that had been a competitive game they could have racked up half a dozen easily.

3 minutes ago, molesmole said:

No sure myself.

He is back at the club and off with the B team.

Either wants away or Manager wants him away I would assume

Bizzare one that. Must be away because he can't be any worse than what we're seeing out there. Obviously he was awful in a Rangers shirt last year barring the odd moment here and there but proved that he has something about him when he got his loan move. Clinging on to the hope that his loan form has convinced some team to give us a reasonable fee which would allow us to strengthen. 

12 minutes ago, chris182 said:

It's not, Clement has confirmed they aren't match ready

I get that, but on that showing today, surely it would have made sense to give them some minutes.  And if season kicks off in 2 weeks, the only players we have signed won't be "ready" for the new season.  Something just doesn't sit quite right imo

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

On the surface it's a pre season game against a team that should be beating us.

However, the performances are carrying over from last season, the individual errors are the same ones giving goals away, the play still honks to high heavens. 

There are major red flags, especially when you add in the off field happenings, the lack of any transfer money, the lack of contracted players leaving. 

Very worrying as well considering we're at least 2 weeks further into pre-season than Manchester United are, and they won that at a canter. 

Not many of that teams usual first XI played and only 1 in the second half.