graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

Sacking the manager is one thing but does anyone really trust this board to find and appoint the right manager to fix us and turn our club into what it should be a winning one.

i think the board need to be removed as they have destroyed the club from a position of power (the 55 season) Sack the Board!

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Personally don’t think everything is down to him.  Football management is different to normal work in a lot of ways but one of the similarities is when you get told something in the beginning that turns out to be not true. Exactly that has happened to Clement and it’s like he’s thrown in the towel since then. The first 6 months and last 6 months are that far apart it isn’t just down to management. 

It's in no way all down to him. But there's also no doubt he's failing abysmally in the things that are within his remit 

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Graeme Souness, after years of supporters crying out for him to get involved, was directly involved in the process of appointing Clement.

Who was crying out for the return of Souness ffs? I've seen maybe 1 or 2 comments over the years probably from dinosaurs themselves, but not huge numbers or supporters groups.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He says the longer they play together the better they’ll get

How long is a piece of string🤷‍♂️

The more games we play at rugby park the better the players will get when they play there apparently. 

fraud and there is no other single word to better describe him. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Who was crying out for the return of Souness ffs? I've seen maybe 1 or 2 comments over the years probably from dinosaurs themselves, but not huge numbers or supporters groups.

Loads of people, myself included I can admit that, have said we should use his experience and have him as a sounding board because he’s lived it as a manager before.

People have wanted him on the board for years, people have shouted for him to become DOF before. When whatever role he was being lined up for a year or two back, people were upset that it didn’t happen.

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

The more games we play at rugby park the better the players will get when they play there apparently. 

fraud and there is no other single word to better describe him. 

Does that count for every other away ground also, as they won't have played there before either. 

He talks some pish :confused:

So let me get this straight tav fucks up pretty much every game yet not a word from clement about him yet a young rightback comes on into that position who doesn't even play regularly in the side and who only came on for not very long is singled out to the media, aye that will be great for his confidence, cunts a fraud

2 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Muscat will be our biggest 'sliding doors' moment this decade 

We’ll only know that once he’s come to Europe/British football and done something.

Failed terribly in Belgium so not having him being the better option at the time. 

I'll jump on this muscat crazy train for a minute. What makes people so certain he takes the job? After 2 interviews now we want him to fix the guy that got it above him mess. 

Would you? Rangers supporter or not I'd be telling the useless cunts to bolt. 

He isn't going to be the mew manager. 

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It's not. But his style of play, tactics etc are abysmal. He's a busted flush. 

Yep, that's the things he's failing with as part of his remit. Can add substitutions, motivation of players, repeat starting of underperformers, inability to change and adapt and plenty more to the list of failings.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Also whoever the next manager is simply has to strip the captaincy and any player that doesn’t agree with it can fuck off as well. 

You cannot have this clown work under his 8th manager 

I said it before, rightly or wrongly Tav and to a lesser extent Dessers, are emblematic of what is wrong at club. Clement made a mistake keeping/playing them. Any new manager can’t make same mistake.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We’ll only know that once he’s come to Europe/British football and done something.

Failed terribly in Belgium so not having him being the better option at the time. 

Agreed. Nowhere ever as big of a sliding doors moments as blowing an easy CL qualification path to Malmo or not winning the Europa League was.

32 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Graeme Souness, after years of supporters crying out for him to get involved, was directly involved in the process of appointing Clement.

I'm no fan of Greame Souness at all but he made it clear that Clement wouldn't have been his choice.