Is Clement getting an easy ride?

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d be delighted if he was binned tomorrow, but happy to use him as a stop gap and get the house in order (e.g. CEO, DoF, DoA, stadium, and all the rest) and then replace him at the end of the season.

Ridiculous that we’re in this situation again a dozen games in, but we’re fucked as a club. 

We're run by complete incompetence. Don't think we will be getting a DoF and clearly we've gone for the cheap option and just rolling with McCallum as Academy Director. 

Main reason we are in this situation is because of Bennett and the Parks.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Thing is I only see the bad results coming against them and maybe the sheep. Think he's capable enough in Europe and against the dross. 

Failure to win away at Ross County, Dundee, celtic and twice at Hearts in the past few months suggest otherwise…

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Failure to win away at Ross County, Dundee, celtic and twice at Hearts in the past few months suggest otherwise…

I wasn't including the unwashed. The county and Dundee games were with the previous squad. Hearts at the start of this season wasn't great but think that was Hearts best performance this season.

Just now, esquire8 said:

I wasn't including the unwashed. The county and Dundee games were with the previous squad. Hearts at the start of this season wasn't great but think that was Hearts best performance this season.

Ultimately it’s 1 away win in 7 games in the league since March. I 100% expect Dundee Utd to take points off us after the break. It’s always been a difficult place to go, even with squads and players who would wipe the floor with the current lot.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ultimately it’s 1 away win in 7 games in the league since March. I 100% expect Dundee Utd to take points off us after the break. It’s always been a difficult place to go, even with squads and players who would wipe the floor with the current lot.

It is indeed. Not a great record at all. Don't think they Arab wanks will take points off us. 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

He will be out the door if we drop points to either Dundee United or Hibs.

He won't be.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Thing is I only see the bad results coming against them and maybe the sheep. Think he's capable enough in Europe and against the dross. 

I can only hope youre right. Some good performances in Europe will help build some positive energy. 

7 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If it was only celtic we had been losing to etc, but he's dropped points to a plethora of SPL jobbers since March.

Not good enough for any Rangers Manager or Rangers team.

We should be comfortably beating the rest, the fact we are not is shocking.

Since gerrard arrived, bar one season, jobber have been taking points off us when they shouldn't 

Why is it a big issue now? 

28 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

:lol:

Spurs under that fat cunt will rip us a new arsehole. Even the English version of us will spank us.

Olympiakos and Lyon will beat us too.

This really isn't a defence of him, but he should still be getting the season imo. 

That's 3 managers in a row that have came in halfway (or thereabouts) through the season and it's done us no good. 

Next manager that comes in has to start with a clean slate next summer.

It's not a good reason for keeping him on, but it is a valid one. 

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

“Streamline the timeframe” aka I need to get a little jab at Gerrard in because there’s people saying they want him back :lol:

No, i could have used the admin time but we know we were absolutely dung, and i certainly wouldn't lump walters time in with this crowd as even losing to jobbers he still won things, lots of things

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There’s absolutely no point getting rid of the manager until there are competent people put in place above him first. The club is fundamentally broken.

This is my view on it.

We sack Clement and we'll just see a repeat of the same cycle. 

The boardroom needs changed.

Neither here nor there with Clement, I like him but no manager anywhere is getting this squad to challenge for titles. The club is fucked and it starts at the top.

Sacking Clement will achieve absolutely fuck all. Real change looks like a new board with new ideas as this board have proven time and time again they haven't got a clue about running a successful football club.

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

No, i could have used the admin time but we know we were absolutely dung, and i certainly wouldn't lump walters time in with this crowd as even losing to jobbers he still won things, lots of things

Walter dropped loads of daft points tbf, with a much stronger team than ours. It was just what happened.

Only in the last decade or so have we started seeing unbeaten seasons and very high points totals (bar the odd anomaly). 

21 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There’s absolutely no point getting rid of the manager until there are competent people put in place above him first. The club is fundamentally broken.

You have to hope that the new CEO takes over and grabs us by the scruff of the neck.

Doesn't strike me as a ‘yes man’, and in fact there’s a few reports that say he’s a bit of a ruthless arsehole, but that might be just what we need.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Walter dropped loads of daft points tbf, with a much stronger team than ours. It was just what happened.

Only in the last decade or so have we started seeing unbeaten seasons and very high points totals (bar the odd anomaly). 

We, infuriatingly enough, picked up more points against the rest last season than them, if you can believe that.