Is Clement getting an easy ride?

He came in, did really well, then it went to fuck like previous seasons before it. Now, you can blame the players, because we all know what a shower of bottlers we had we saw it many times before. Will give Clement the benefit of the doubt that he believed he could change it, probably even thought he had. Then the wheels came off, but at that point there was very little reaction or change from the manager, which was worrying. Then we cleared out most of the dross, well a lot of it anyway, but performances on the park haven't improved and now the manager is lamenting about not having a player who was one of the key bottlers. Not to mention the fact that yet another manager doesn't appear to have the balls or the insight or whatever it is, to change the captaincy. Most of Tav's mates are away now, the time is right to say ok Tav its time to give you a break and let someone else lead. But nope.

Obviously, I want Clement to succeed and really believed he would. But when you look at how things have gone over the past few months, and how it appears to be progressing, it would seem hes not the manager he appeared to be. Up to him now to prove he still is. 

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It's pivotal we win the next two games in the league before we play they cunts. Then we just hope for the best unfortunately. 

Absolutely mate and it's only fucking August as well isn't this the time when we should be dreaming of a successful season. Yet here we are hoping and praying for miracles. Rangers by name only these day I'm afraid and that hurts. 

He’s here for the foreseeable I’d say.

He’s just signed a new contract and I think a lot in the support have been conditioned now to believe this is a long term project so not to expect any immediate success this season. That’ll be the boards fall back when the results don’t turn around 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s just signed a new contract and I think a lot in the support have been conditioned now to believe this is a long term project so not to expect any immediate success this season. That’ll be the boards fall back when the results don’t turn around 

At least  a few weeks before the AGM minimum imo take the heat off them 

It's only day 2 of the new season, and day 3 after he was given a contract extension, but it seems already that the majority of the support no longer believes that he can point us in the right direction.

All very well saying we can't keep chopping and changing managers, but at the same time we can't continue indefinitely with someone who is no better than the man he was bought in to replace. Clement has little credit left in the bank, he needs to do something to show us that we should keep our faith in him, and soon.

Just a horrible situation the club is in.

I dream of the time when a Rangers manager can go through an entire season without talking complete and utter bollocks in a post-match interview.

We've lost the legendary midfield dynamo that was John Lundstram so we should just write off the entire season.

One thing that frustrates the life out of me about this team, is how sluggish we look. We have players that always look a yard off the pace, that can't handle an intense press. Tav, Davies, Diomande, Dessers, Lawrence, all getting caught on the ball and looking like the pace of the game is too much for them or a shock to them. One of the reasons Barron looked good for us is he actually looked sharp and up the speed of the game, and able to get about the park.

Hope I'm wrong but I bet when you watch us against them in Sept, we will look absolutely shell-shocked by the pace of their press, as if we didn't see it coming, like every other fucking trip there for god knows how long.

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

So he got us into a title race but the players fucked it?

Dowell at Ross county away was baffling as were some of his starters in other games.

We are here where we were with Beale, there's no style (see if it's winning football I couldn't give a fuck if we won every game 1 0) but when you're turgid to watch and not winning games it ends one way.

He can't get the plaudits for getting us back into a title race then take no blame for us being out of it.

The Scottish cup final was a shambles of a game with little to no action in it. Both teams were poor but as ever it was us who was on the recieving end and never had the trophy to show for it 

Of course he deserves blame.

The same group of players have shat it with several managers when they got into good positions.

To put it into perspective, the tarriers lost the ten, fatty came, and they ended the summer window with ten players for their first team, thats almost a full line up

They also took in over 20mill in sales that summer

We have done neither, until we clear the dross built up by 3 previous managers we cannot expect any gaffer out there to het a consistent tune from this squad 

Souttar, tav, davies, lawerence, hagi, raskin (probably), cantwell (probably) dessers, wright, matondo, balogun, danilo (probably) 

All not good enough for the level we need, all signed by previous managers who failed at us overall

In the short term he needs to get Sterling fit and get him straight him in the midfield next to Barron and Diomande. 

It’s by no means a long term solution, and players will come in before the window shuts, but he has to make us stronger defensively. Continuing with Tom Lawrence as the ten is a recipe for disaster because he’s limited in possession and useless out of possession.

10 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

To put it into perspective, the tarriers lost the ten, fatty came, and they ended the summer window with ten players for their first team, thats almost a full line up

We're currently at 8 and theres plently of time left in the transfer window.

Expect Cortes and Diomande not to count though.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I will say it again. The system is wrong. You can't play with a 10 when you don't have one. If he can't see that or stubbornly refuses to change the system, then we have a problem.

With Cortés injured again, it's time to go two up top because replacing him with Matondo is just making matters worse.

4-4-2. The old-fashioned way. Play to the players you have.

Also, we deserve answers from Clement about the Igamane situation and Hagi's situation if he is not at training on Monday morning. On that, he is getting an easy ride.

Correct, I absolutely cringe when I hear this talk of a "10". A number 10 in days gone by was a player of such tremendous talent that you built a team around them. Someone who wasn't expected to do anything defensively and as such the rest of the team had to carry them off the ball. You can get away with it when your 10 is fucking Riquelme, not playing Tom bastarding Lawrence that couldn't run the length of himself behind the striker and calling it the "10 role".

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

In the short term he needs to get Sterling fit and get him straight him in the midfield next to Barron and Diomande. 

It’s by no means a long term solution, and players will come in before the window shuts, but he has to make us stronger defensively. Continuing with Tom Lawrence as the ten is a recipe for disaster because he’s the limited in possession and useless out of possession.

I agree. If we don't sign an experienced #6 then Sterling has to play there to help out Barron & Diomande. Push Diomande further forward, but not as a 10. The 10 needs binned.

However, it creates the problem at right-back.

He stuck with Dessers for 90mins !! N brought Barron off when we were under a bit of pressure , n chose to bring on Dowell who has hardly played any pre season, his head is up his arse , manager is a massive part of the issue .

Gerrard and Postecoglou, had the right approach to this league,  relentless , don't stop n scoring 4 , 5, 6, even 8 a few times

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He had Ralston playing decent and scoring key goals and he's one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.

This is something people overlook way to often. If you are a good coach, you can coach players into doing what you want them to do with training and instructions. Another example is how Emery transformed Villa after taking over from Gerrard. 

It's not like some kind of a magic spell that works all the time, but you can see evidence when someone is well coached. As someone suggested earlier in the thread, we don't look like we are. 

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We're currently at 8 and theres plently of time left in the transfer window.

Expect Cortes and Diomande not to count though.

Agreeing to that mandatory fee for Cortes is a dereliction of duty. 

A set fee after he plays 30 or 40 games would have been understandable. A mandatory fee for a guy coming off a bad injury was insane in for a club in our position.

Just now, AGM_72 said:

This is something people overlook way to often. If you are a good coach, you can coach players into doing what you want them to do with training and instructions. Another example is how Emery transformed Villa after taking over from Gerrard. 

It's not like some kind of a magic spell that works all the time, but you can see evidence when someone is well coached. As someone suggested earlier in the thread, we don't look like we are. 

Walter done it with guys like Lafferty, Jig, Whittaker and so on. Guys that weren't what you'd call stand outs but coached to a level where they could contribute and be part of a winning successful side. 

I don't buy that the players are so bad that we can't pass the ball to each other and create chances against sides like Birmingham and Hearts. A good manager can take a group and get them playing a brand of football which is effective especially in Scotland with what we have compared to all but 1 team.

I'm done with excuses, it makes it all the more embarassing seeing them daily on here.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

They got their distraction from their failures by extending the contract.

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

So he got us into a title race but the players fucked it?

Dowell at Ross county away was baffling as were some of his starters in other games.

We are here where we were with Beale, there's no style (see if it's winning football I couldn't give a fuck if we won every game 1 0) but when you're turgid to watch and not winning games it ends one way.

He can't get the plaudits for getting us back into a title race then take no blame for us being out of it.

The Scottish cup final was a shambles of a game with little to no action in it. Both teams were poor but as ever it was us who was on the recieving end and never had the trophy to show for it 

This is what really scaring me because it's the same issue as before. 

We used to tear into beale because it didn't look like he had a clue what system he was trying to implement after months and money spent. 

Clement hasn't had the same level of funds beale got granted, but several months in the job the system still isn't clear. If we could see what he's working towards it would give a bit more confidence as we recruit further. 

22 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Walter done it with guys like Lafferty, Jig, Whittaker and so on. Guys that weren't what you'd call stand outs but coached to a level where they could contribute and be part of a winning successful side. 

I don't buy that the players are so bad that we can't pass the ball to each other and create chances against sides like Birmingham and Hearts. A good manager can take a group and get them playing a brand of football which is effective especially in Scotland with what we have compared to all but 1 team.

I'm done with excuses, it makes it all the more embarassing seeing them daily on here.

Spot on.

I agree with the idea we don't need to play attractive, passing football to win in principle. But it is about giving yourself the best chance to win games and if you have the majority of the ball like we do, you have to be able to use it quickly and effectively. 

You mentioned Birmingham, they absolutely schooled us. It was a friendly, it was an inexperienced and unfamiliar line up etc, but if you are all coached the same way the you are able to carry out the same general principles of your style of play - with varying degrees of success depending on the quality in the line up. When we've been at full strength I've seen us turn in performances as poor as that Birmingham match was. It's been extremely common over the last 16 competitive games.

39 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

This.

56 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Spot on mate. I remember after we beat them 2-0 at their midden with Goldson’s goals, the “pundits” analysed the game saying we just look a much better coached team than peanut teeth’s when they were going for their tainted 10. Arguably, they probably went into that season thinking it was a foregone conclusion that they were a stronger team / squad but we got more out of our players in that 55 season because our players knew exactly what they were all doing.  Can’t say that about our team since and certainly not now.  I’d go as far as saying there are other coaches in our league that have their teams following their tactics miles more than ours. 

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Spot on mate. I remember after we beat them 2-0 at their midden with Goldson’s goals, the “pundits” analysed the game saying we just look a much better coached team than peanut teeth’s when they were going for their tainted 10. Arguably, they probably went into that season thinking it was a foregone conclusion that they were a stronger team / squad but we got more out of our players in that 55 season because our players knew exactly what they were all doing.  Can’t say that about our team since and certainly not now.  I’d go as far as saying there are other coaches in our league that have their teams following their tactics miles more than ours. 

Naismith, McInness, Docherty all have an infinitely better 'style' than us in the way they actually have one. Every game you know exactly what they're going to do and how to get the best out of what they have. It doesn't always work because of the calibre of player can't do it consistently at the level they are at but it works