Is Clement getting an easy ride?

This is his Gerrard Malmo moment, has no money now and we'll get a loan or 2 in to end the window

His tactics are beyond embarrassing, the whole setup/mentality around the squad is piss poor and he clearly has personal issues with players

Forget the new contract, already said he won't see Christmas here and the way it's going I think it'll be well before then.

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Can say all you want about his style/tactics, that red card cost us the game tonight, not Clement.

And anyone that thinks he's getting the sack anytime soon has there head in the fuckin clouds.

The board are fucking useless, but even they won't sack a manager they've just handed a new contract to. They clearly see this season as a dud. Have allowed us to sleep walk into these qualifiers completely under-equipped. 

They should be at the top of the chopping block. Actually fucking embarrassing man. No stadium, no CEO and a squad that is piss thin in quality. Dessers having a go at the fans after laying it off to no cunt really typifies how things are going.

The manager has to take responsibility for a few things in the second half imo. 

1. Jefté made a second foul just before HT so the signs were there he might get sent off. He’s only 20 so likely to be rash. The manager could’ve taken him off and avoided the risk altogether.

2.  After the sending off, he moved Lawrence to CM rather than keeping Diomande or moving Sterling into there. Lawrence then jumps over the ball for first goal instead of putting his body on the line to block it.

3. After the first goal, he moves Propper up front from the kick off despite there being 10 minutes left. We look a mess at the back with gaps all over the place and immediately lose a goal. That’s something you do at the start of injury time, not the 83rd minute. 

I don't normally post anything, I use this site to get my news as I try no to read msm and I realise for that I will get all sorts of accusations......but all I am thinking at the moment is that we all laughed when Souness had his reservations about Phil. 

Would Muscat or Lampars have been any worse?

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This season has been written off for weeks that we have seen but looks like behind the scenes it could be months.

We are no longer the club we were.

Winning no longer matters whether that be at youth or first team level.

No-one at club cares, only the fans do but as we seen tonight, even we are getting to stage where it is just apathy.

This phrase terrifies me. More so that it's true.

9 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Can say all you want about his style/tactics, that red card cost us the game tonight, not Clement.

And anyone that thinks he's getting the sack anytime soon has there head in the fuckin clouds.

The board are fucking useless, but even they won't sack a manager they've just handed a new contract to. They clearly see this season as a dud. Have allowed us to sleep walk into these qualifiers completely under-equipped. 

They should be at the top of the chopping block. Actually fucking embarrassing man. No stadium, no CEO and a squad that is piss thin in quality. Dessers having a go at the fans after laying it off to no cunt really typifies how things are going.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, yes the ref fucked us but to choose to leave us so wide open in the middle of the park when down to ten men is criminal. 

1 minute ago, ReadinGer said:

I don't normally post anything, I use this site to get my news as I try no to read msm and I realise for that I will get all sorts of accusations......but all I am thinking at the moment is that we all laughed when Souness had his reservations about Phil. 

Lampard never was the answer.

Muscat maybe. 

1 minute ago, ReadinGer said:

peter-capaldi-what-the-hell.gif

Just now, AGM_72 said:

For folk who are still backing him, what do you that encourages you? 

I really don't know where we go from here. 

I'm definitely one that prefers to back him, but I want to be clear that I don't think he's faultless. His lineups/subs are baffling. Persistence with Wright bemusing.

I just try to be a bit pragmatic. Can see that the club is currently a basket case at the minute which makes the job harder for any manager that's in charge.

End of the day, I want a successful Rangers team on the pitch. Whether that's with or without Clement, I couldn't give a fuck.

Just now, psb07158 said:

Whole stadium could see Jefte was a liability the way he was steaming in.

It was never ever a 2nd yellow but that’s what happens in Europe.

Genuinely think it's harsh to criticise him for keeping Jefte on, and I'm coming from the point of view that Clement is well and truly done 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Whole stadium could see Jefte was a liability the way he was steaming in.

It was never ever a 2nd yellow but that’s what happens in Europe.

Hes had 2 or 3 fouls after his first yellow before HT. Clement shouldve seen it and taken him off. Clueless. 

Just now, DeanMK said:

I'm definitely one that prefers to back him, but I want to be clear that I don't think he's faultless. His lineups/subs are baffling. Persistence with Wright bemusing.

I just try to be a bit pragmatic. Can see that the club is currently a basket case at the minute which makes the job harder for any manager that's in charge.

End of the day, I want a successful Rangers team on the pitch. Whether that's with or without Clement, I couldn't give a fuck.

I'm not being a cunt here, but you never answered the question and I'm genuinely interested to hear what about Clement you like or you trust.

We're stuck with him on an extended deal, so we like it or lump it, or pay yet another sacked managers wages for years. He may win us a cup or two, but I'd stake good money on him never delivering us a title 

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive, yes the ref fucked us but to choose to leave us so wide open in the middle of the park when down to ten men is criminal. 

Down to 10 men, against an alright side. 

Was about 95% the red card.

3 minutes ago, ReadinGer said:

All ifs buts and maybes but one thing's for sure, Clements tactics are garbage and I'm not talking about tonight. 

The referee fucked the game tonight but Clements tactics have been shite for quite some time. 

He's getting it fucking easy.

Absolutely pathetic, he doesn't know how to set a team up. We concede the same goal and chance every fucking time. 

He's fucking terrible. Monaco and Rangers have been a bridge to far and our fucking mongo board think we should tie him down.

I'll not step foot in Hampden now and they can ram the fucking league cup tickets.

Fed up spending thousands year on year when they are so far out of touch with us 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re Man United.

Two biggest teams in respective countries now also rans.

Better analogy.

The bottom line is the same. We were a big club with traditions of winning. That's not what we are anymore.

5 minutes ago, Arfield Salute said:

The manager has to take responsibility for a few things in the second half imo. 

1. Jefté made a second foul just before HT so the signs were there he might get sent off. He’s only 20 so likely to be rash. The manager could’ve taken him off and avoided the risk altogether.

2.  After the sending off, he moved Lawrence to CM rather than keeping Diomande or moving Sterling into there. Lawrence then jumps over the ball for first goal instead of putting his body on the line to block it.

3. After the first goal, he moves Propper up front from the kick off despite there being 10 minutes left. We look a mess at the back with gaps all over the place and immediately lose a goal. That’s something you do at the start of injury time, not the 83rd minute. 

Jefte is one of those ones I don't think you can blame him, aye he's young but it's a piss poor decision

Not starring Cerny for me is a shocker, if he's only got 45/50 minutes in him, get him in from the start and get us on the front foot.

And aye the 2 you mentioned, Lawrence he seems to have a complete blind spot for, thought that was his worst game in a Rangers shirt, he was fucking shocking.

And throwing Propper up top just screams of a clueless manager.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm not being a cunt here, but you never answered the question and I'm genuinely interested to hear what about Clement you like or you trust.

Don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip, all things considered. Took over from Beale, got to the summer, got told we had no money for players. Squads a mess.

Thought he done well to pull us out of a hole last season.

Just now, demise said:

Hes had 2 or 3 fouls after his first yellow before HT. Clement shouldve seen it and taken him off. Clueless. 

I mean yes you can't blame the manager for the ref and Kiev players being cheatimg cunts and tbh I got the feeling someone was getting sent off anyway the Kiev players were playing for it. Otoh you could see they were targeting jefte. Its pretty damn obvious.