Champions league draw Monday 22nd July

1 minute ago, Nacho_joe said:

CL qualification could be worth 50 million to us given our strong coefficient.

Only 37 million to Tim’s.

This would be massive for the season ahead. 

Who the fuck are the tims?

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Is it not two qualifying rounds for us the same as last season ?

Two rounds I’m sure, been said above if we lose at this stage we go straight into EL group. Is it the same if we get past this round and lose the play off we drop into the Europa ?

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Two rounds I’m sure, been said above if we lose at this stage we go straight into EL group. Is it the same if we get past this round and lose the play off we drop into the Europa ?

I would have thought the automatic EL place would be available if we were to lose the final round game, I would have thought we would have to play a qualifier for the EL if we were to lose our first qualifier, that's basically how it worked in 2021, I know things will probably have changed now the champions league format has changed...I hope thus is the case such as what I've seen so far it will be the only route to being in Europe up until December :ang:

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I would have thought the automatic EL place would be available if we were to lose the final round game, I would have thought we would have to play a qualifier for the EL if we were to lose our first qualifier, that's basically how it worked in 2021, I know things will probably have changed now the champions league format has changed...I hope thus is the case such as what I've seen so far it will be the only route to being in Europe up until December :ang:

That would make more sense 

10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

No, we’ve been guaranteed group stage football every season since 2022 for finishing 2nd. 

It’ll change after this season as Scotland will lose its automatic CL spot for the winners, because the coefficient is going backwards. But we’re safe this year. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

No, we’ve been guaranteed group stage football every season since 2022 for finishing 2nd. 

It’ll change after this season as Scotland will lose its automatic CL spot for the winners, because the coefficient is going backwards. But we’re safe this year. 

Cheers mate, at least we are guaranteed some decent income with at least EL football :tu:

Also, on the point above. It’s why winning the title this season is absolutely fucking massive. 

By my maths, whoever wins this season starts in the CL qualifying 3rd round but is guaranteed Europa group stage. However the 2nd placed side starts in the Europa league 3rd qualifying round, meaning we have to win a tie just to get to the playoff round and at worst case get conference league football. 

Finishing 2nd this season gives us or them the possibility of no European group stage football next season. That would be a death sentence to our budgets and would eat a lot of the cash the tarriers have in reserve.