*****Official Birmingham vs Rangers match thread***** Brought to you by buckfast tonic wine

If really can't get a tune out the squad he has what's to say he will signing 3 or 4 more. 

Is the message confusing? Is there no buy into what's being asked.

So disjointed.... no easily identifiable style. 

I get its 4 2 3 1 -  want to turn teams a go direct in channels ( to our weakest players in the squad- physically and standard)  Sima worked as had power to take ball down under pressure from full backs... Mccausland is never doing that or Wright.

Midfield very static and out numbered a lot.

10 never in space or linking with the striker.

It's meant to be....The 4-2-3-1 provides a central midfield three that can overload a midfield two. The number 10 provides a presence between the lines, and can receive in space when up against a flat midfield. The double pivot provides a solid midfield base, allowing wide rotations and cover if one or both full-backs push forward.

Certainly no Pep, Del Bosque, Flick 

All these 4 - 3 - 3 sets ups destroy us.

Full backs pressed back...overload in midfield as the 10 doesn't work hard enough. 

The biggest worry for me is a lack of a distinct style of play. 

Warburton, for all his faults, had a very clear style of play and you could see that he didn't have the personnel to execute it (and it had its limitations), but you could see what he was doing. Gerrard the same with the high press. 

I just don't quite see the style of play we are meant to have. Clement has spoken about a high line, all action approach but it hasn't translated across onto the pitch. Even with inferior players there should be a visible style. 

It's a worry this close to the start of the season, especially with the displays so far.

That's what Clement is working with today.

1st Team - Yilmaz, Tavernier, Diomande, Danilo

Backup - Kelly, Matondo, Balogun, Barron, Dessers, Wrights.

Youth - Nsiala, McCausland, McKinnon, Lowry, Budinauckas, King, Fraser, Rice, Curtis, Stevens, Allan, Nsio.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

The biggest worry for me is a lack of a distinct style of play. 

Warburton, for all his faults, had a very clear style of play and you could see that he didn't have the personnel to execute it (and it had its limitations), but you could see what he was doing. Gerrard the same with the high press. 

I just don't quite see the style of play we are meant to have. Clement has spoken about a high line, all action approach but it hasn't translated across onto the pitch. Even with inferior players there should be a visible style. 

It's a worry this close to the start of the season, especially with the displays so far.

He had more than 4 first team players.

Don’t care if it’s a friendly. This should be the fucking final sign to Clement and to the board even more so that we need players in and we need them now. This penny pinching as a result of their own fucks ups isn’t on, it’s insulting to us. 

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Should be allowed his own players though. 

Out of the 22 players we have down today 12 are youth.

It’s not just about tonight though, mate.

The other games haven’t given us much to cling on to.

And given it may be some while before we see much of his own players (between injuries to ones we’ve got and when he’s allowed to spend) there could be a few days like this to endure.

I think the turnaround Clement had when he joined speaks volumes.  Our squad is now even worse!!  He needs to be backed to get some players in, the squad is currently an utter shambles.  Matondo was so far out the picture it was unreal and now he’s pushing for a start.

1 minute ago, CrawfordRfc said:

There’ll be riots at the ground before August is out. Maybe it’s time. 

There should be riots down there tonight never mind August,fuck the singing start the protesting before its to fucking late.

Just now, AdzKyle said:

I reckon Clement will walk soon anyway. Then we are truly fucked. We ain’t getting a decent manager in with it financial position. No investement, no chance. Hard times ahead 

Scenes when McInnes wins us the league after signing Shankland, Armstrong, and McKenna. 

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

Fully expect us to go on to Hearts and absolutely skud them 

I’m worried about that game.  We will be low on confidence and their players all know one another.

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

The worry is why are we playing a make shift team. Players have come in from nowhere to suddenly starting, we have new partnerships in defence, central midfield and upfront. We should be at a stage of bedding in a starting 11. This has a look of a first game in pre season line up. Absolute shambles of a club at the moment.

Exactly my thoughts we have one more match before the season begins for real and yes preseason is to get match fitness etc but you also need to have your team together by now and know how it's lining up. It's just insane and it's certainly driving me to the brink of insanity. 

Just now, HG5 said:

It’s not just about tonight though, mate.

The other games haven’t given us much to cling on to.

And given it may be some while before we see much of his own players (between injuries to ones we’ve got and when he’s allowed to spend) there could be a few days like this to endure.

Well we might as well work out compensation with the next boss in advance as he'll do fuck all too with this lot.

Just now, adam2102 said:

This has been absolutely awful. Clement has his part to play. But how on earth. Can people talk about identity and style of play when we simply do not have the players. 

I've likened it to Warburton in my post above yours. 

He didn't have the quality at his disposal to make his tactics a success (there were other issues too), but we definitely had a style of play then. I feel we should be seeing something more than we are style-wise under Clement. 

I'm not pushing the panic button yet, but there aren't the signs i would like to see of "his" stamp on Rangers.