Welcome to Rangers, Robin Pröpper

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Exposed at the back again yet our new defender who's fit is sitting on the bench

Maybe it’s just me,  but you don’t throw a new CB into that game: Recipe for disaster IMO.

Get him in the first 11 on Saturday and then he plays in the home leg alongside Balogun who I thought was excellent tonight, which is more than can be said for Souttar.

24 minutes ago, beararse said:

Maybe it’s just me,  but you don’t throw a new CB into that game: Recipe for disaster IMO.

Get him in the first 11 on Saturday and then he plays in the home leg alongside Balogun who I thought was excellent tonight, which is more than can be said for Souttar.

He's not a young inexperienced defender though. He was FC Twente captain. I'm sure he'd have handled it

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Needs to play ahead of Souttar at the weekend for me 

Yeah I just dont see it with Souttar. His positioning is crap, he has no pace, he doesnt read the game well and plays everyone onside constantly. People talked up his passing etc but its god awful and for such a big lump he is soft as fuck. Its a sad state of affairs when Balogun is your best CB at 36 years old. 

Hoping Propper changes that and we see less of Souttar and get more solid at the back.

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

He's not a young inexperienced defender though. He was FC Twente captain. I'm sure he'd have handled it

He probably would have but if he stuck in a performance like Souttar did then he would have been slated and its not exactly the way you want to start here, must start on Saturday but to at least give him game time before the next leg of this tie.

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Yeah I just dont see it with Souttar. His positioning is crap, he has no pace, he doesnt read the game well and plays everyone onside constantly. People talked up his passing etc but its god awful and for such a big lump he is soft as fuck. Its a sad state of affairs when Balogun is your best CB at 36 years old. 

Hoping Propper changes that and we see less of Souttar and get more solid at the back.

I remember some people saying we were in for McKenna not long ago, him and Souttar at the back would be the stuff of nightmares.

11 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

I don’t know why teams just don’t punt high balls at Souttar and wait for him to fuck up.