Tom Lawrence

Lawrence could have been an amazing player for us. Perhaps it's the injury, perhaps it's the tactics, but it's clear he isn't good enough. Problem is, it's clear there still a few players in this squad who aren't good enough. 

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

Is it just me or does he get an easy time from our fans?

Starts a lot of games. Is invisible in most of them. Doesn't score enough goals or assists. 

Another average championship level player that we count upon as a starter.

He flatters to deceive. Looks like he has something to offer, very very rarely ever gives it.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Do you read the match threads? He gets roasted in there before he even touches the ball.

Personally, I would sell him. There will be many championship teams willing to offer 2M for him. The time is right to sell.

But some of the criticism of him on RM is outrageous. He is one of the few goal threats we have in the team.

Where’s the bids for him then?

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

Is it just me or does he get an easy time from our fans?

Starts a lot of games. Is invisible in most of them. Doesn't score enough goals or assists. 

Another average championship level player that we count upon as a starter.

Yes, let's be more negative as a support than we already are.

39 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s fucking shite. Moment in the first half sums him up, gets into a good position for on the byline and instead of looking up just puts the ball into the middle when we have no one there. Yes it was a good ball, but utterly pointless if there’s no chance of anyone getting on the end of it. 

He actually looks and then still does it. Decision making is atrocious.

4 2 3 1 

This is what is asked of Tom Lawrence....

Attacking: 

expected to connect defence and midfield with the front line.

Should create chances for teammates with clever dribbles, touches, crosses, passes, through balls and combinations.

Operate in tight spaces and under pressure from opponents from several directions.

Movements into the penalty area to support the centre forward(s) are important, as well as moving out wide and into the inside channels to support a winger or full-back. They should help create wide overloads, to get teammates into spaces to cross. The modern number 10 might also drop deeper centrally to receive, especially when there is little space between the lines.

Number 10s are also expected to provide a goal threat by running beyond the striker(s), attacking crosses and supporting the second phase of play after a ball into a centre-forward

Defence:

Press the opposition centre-backs or move to defend in wide areas. Often, they will directly engage and duel with opposing full-backs high up the pitch. 

key screening role if the coach wants them to block access into the opposition's pivot. From this position, they will screen central passes, block forward runs and make interceptions.

Sorry but he isn't the man for the Job!

Maybe the old school 10 - free role where you don't have to work or defend.

Mentioned before it all seemed to click when Clement came in - now teams have figured it out easy.

Extra man in midfield or play a Diamond n target the fullbacks.

5 minutes ago, molesmole said:

4 2 3 1 

This is what is asked of Tom Lawrence....

Attacking: 

expected to connect defence and midfield with the front line.

Should create chances for teammates with clever dribbles, touches, crosses, passes, through balls and combinations.

Operate in tight spaces and under pressure from opponents from several directions.

Movements into the penalty area to support the centre forward(s) are important, as well as moving out wide and into the inside channels to support a winger or full-back. They should help create wide overloads, to get teammates into spaces to cross. The modern number 10 might also drop deeper centrally to receive, especially when there is little space between the lines.

Number 10s are also expected to provide a goal threat by running beyond the striker(s), attacking crosses and supporting the second phase of play after a ball into a centre-forward

Defence:

Press the opposition centre-backs or move to defend in wide areas. Often, they will directly engage and duel with opposing full-backs high up the pitch. 

key screening role if the coach wants them to block access into the opposition's pivot. From this position, they will screen central passes, block forward runs and make interceptions.

Sorry but he isn't the man for the Job!

Maybe the old school 10 - free role where you don't have to work or defend.

Mentioned before it all seemed to click when Clement came in - now teams have figured it out easy.

Extra man in midfield or play a Diamond n target the fullbacks.

Bring Arfield back.

20 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

He actually looks and then still does it. Decision making is atrocious.

Did he? :lol: I haven’t seen it back since the replay during the game. That actually goes even further in proving my point then. 

21 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Bring Arfield back.

Mate I am not even joking...

Watch Clements game at Ibrox V Hibs.

Please everyone have a quick watch 

Lammers links the play , gets closeTO and beyond Dessers.

Should have had a goal and at least 1 assist. His size helped in lots of play.

Sima switching sided- Inverting and coming inside all the things u want in 4 3 2 1.

We coughed up some chances too. 

The Line up was - 

Butland, Tav, Goldson, Soutter, Barasic,Lundstrum, Raskin, Wright, Lammers, Sima , Dessers 

Some will argue wass shit starting line up as today including me- but we pressed, we interchange well, was the start of something exciting. 

What the fuck has happened.

Next League game v Hearts pushes Lammer Rw with Cantwell middle,

Davies in for Soutter, Yilmaz in. 

Terrible finishing first half and we grab a last min deserved  2-1 win after battering them -  2 last min goals.

Line up- 

Butland , Tav , Goldson, Davies, Yilmaz,Lundstrum, Raskin, Lammers, Cantwell, Sima, Dessers.

Again all getting close to each other in attack, pressing, crossing , shooting.

Not a million miles away from today's line up. But today we are scandalously bad. 

Might post this is the Clement thread too.

I don't know what has happened.... Sima made a lotnof difference with power and running and knowing to Invert. 

I think Clement only plays him because he might score the occasional goal, but his lack of overall contribution to the team says this is not anywhere near worth it given his actual goals/assists per game stats.

1 hour ago, black75 said:

The injuries haven’t done him any favours but he’s lazy and can’t do the job being asked of him. 

I don't know if lazy is the right word.  I think he doesn't have the athleticism for the job. Like an old boxer. 

21 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Ditch the 10.

This, get someone up with Dessers n get the 352 tried!

Drop the wide attackers , coz they are rotten! 

N get 3 CMs to control every league game.

Butland 

Souttar 

Propper

Balogun

Sterling

Barron

Diomande

New CM

Jefte

Dessers

Danilo