***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

3 minutes ago, Mafeking St. said:

If we are looking to rebuild get rid of Ridvan, he sold the jerseys on Tuesday and his passing ended every attack he was involved in today. He will cost us points this season.

Feel like that's a mental take. The issue with ridvan is he has Scott wright in front of him today. 

Think his energy up the left hand side is night n day from borna last season. 

Least of our problems 

15 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Has any player anywhere in the world ever got match fit / sharpness sitting on the bench. Just wondering what the point is of having Danilo on the bench. Would be better getting minutes with the B team.

Don’t understand it. Just what the fuck is going on 

15 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

There’s no improving Wright, Matondo, McCausland, Dowell, Balogun, Souttar, Lawrence. 

They’re just not at the level. It is what it is. We won’t challenge for the title.

But the season isn’t a write off. CL money, 2 cups and the development of the squad all massively important. 

What a fucking pair to choose from. I thought Souttar was bad today but Balogun couldn't have had any complaints if he'd been subbed back off again, he was truly abysmal 

21 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Has any player anywhere in the world ever got match fit / sharpness sitting on the bench. Just wondering what the point is of having Danilo on the bench. Would be better getting minutes with the B team.

Agree. I imagine Clement’s thinking was to bring him and Jefte on but due to our total inability to look comfortable and kill the game he didn’t want to take that risk. Jefte looked decent but Danilo is really a player we desperately need to get fit and contribute. He needs to be getting minutes and if not guaranteed he needs bounce games or B team appearances.  

26 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

So he should have taken off Dessers?

It was a close game, we just saw what pushing Cortes too quickly did, we should be taking our time with Danilo who had a worse injury.

No, he shouldn't have Danillo on the bench if the prerequisite to him playing is we have to be several goals up.

Let him play mins v Derby with Hagi and the youths. On Tues he could have been put on with Dessers as we hunted a goal.

Taking our time is going to take a helluva lot fucking longer if he gets zero mins every week.

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

What a fucking pair to choose from. I thought Souttar was bad today but Balogun couldn't have had any complaints if he'd been subbed back off again, he was truly abysmal 

I thought for an experienced player his lack of composure was shocking. We just needed some calm and someone to put their foot on the ball and control things but none of our experienced players stepped up. Concerning for me. 

A wins a win, but fuck me, it’s tough being a bluenose right now.

Hampden is shite, my seat was shite, we were shite, everything about it was shite. I left early and I never do that. I was just so fucking bored and disillusioned by what we’re being served.

Between my season ticket, MyGers, the Kiev and St Johnstone games, plus money spent on new tops and such, I must be about £1,000+ deep and that’s absolutely fine… if I’m getting the bare minimum value for money and by fuck, I’m getting nowhere near it.

Sell Cantwell and Hagi pronto, then reinvest the funds in the squad because that side today will do well to finish second.

Just now, Lovenkraaands said:

A wins a win, but fuck me, it’s tough being a bluenose right now.

Hampden is shite, my seat was shite, we were shite, everything about it was shite. I left early and I never do that. I was just so fucking bored and disillusioned what we’re being served.

Between my season ticket, MyGers, the Kiev and St Johnstone games, plus money spent on new tops and such, I must be about £1,000+ deep and that’s absolutely fine… if I’m getting the bare minimum value for money and by fuck, I’m getting nowhere near it.

Sell Cantwell and Hagi pronto, then reinvest the funds in the squad because that side today will do well to finish second.

Yawn

17 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Feel like that's a mental take. The issue with ridvan is he has Scott wright in front of him today. 

Think his energy up the left hand side is night n day from borna last season. 

Least of our problems 

He’s clearly worrying about things other than his own game when Wright’s in front of him. You can see he doesn’t want to pass it to him which is a big tell.