***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

8 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

What's your opinion on our right and left wings ?

Generally, the left wing is characterized by an emphasis on "ideas such as freedom, equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform and internationalism" while the right wing is characterized by an emphasis on "notions such as authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism".

2 minutes ago, OrkneyTrueBlue said:

Generally, the left wing is characterized by an emphasis on "ideas such as freedom, equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform and internationalism" while the right wing is characterized by an emphasis on "notions such as authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism".

He asked for your opinion not the political definition of the terms

Definitely Berkshire. Never could grasp the most basic questions  

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, I don’t believe his fitness is so bad that he isn’t capable of starting against Motherwell and coming off in the second half

Can I have a clip of Clement saying “blowing out of his arse” btw? I think you’ve made that up 

:lol: Old Billy was never this tragic. You've changed.

What he said was he needed a 'recovery time after every action', as I said in the previous post. 

Almost always in these circumstances players come on in the second half rather than start. Wonder why that is.

26 minutes ago, Inigo said:

:lol: Old Billy was never this tragic. You've changed.

What he said was he needed a 'recovery time after every action', as I said in the previous post. 

Almost always in these circumstances players come on in the second half rather than start. Wonder why that is.

Usually because it's nil nil or we are one down and have run out of ideas 

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Still being cautious with Cerny as I expected.

I would rather players who can't play 90 minutes start and then be subbed rather than the other way around.

Totally agree

Why not start him - Get the game won - Then take him off?

No one wants him injured but equally PC just seems to be so cautious

Think Clement might go for

Butland

Tav Souttar Propper Ridvan

Barron Diomande

Cerny Lawrence Jefte

Dessers

Don't see him shifting the midfield when we have a new centre back partnership. Cerny and Jefte are clearly better than any other wing options. 

34 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Sure I heard there’s a Republican march through Glasgow today lads, might be a few undesirables stinking the town out so have yer wits about you. 

Glasgow always has a load of undesirables stinking the place out 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

I don't think it would be wise to play Cery from the start if he's as behind in training as Clement says. Would be setting him up to fail by putting a guy that has 6 days training up against guys that have had a month and a half or something. He said that after every 'action' Cerny felt he needed a recovery time against Kyiv, because he was so far behind. Would put him a ta distinct disadvantage if he started the game.

Whole point of bringing him on later is  he'd be up against players that have less in the tank having played 65 minutes.

He was at the Euros and then granted had 4 weeks off.

he was signed more than two weeks ago so why has he only had 6 training sessions?

Looking forward to it. There were signs on Tuesday, hopefully we can continue to improve.

Im reasonably sure he’ll starts Wright and Lawrence again though. 

Don’t see Cerny or Jefte starting tbh. Propper  will be only change from team that started Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He was at the Euros and then granted had 4 weeks off.

he was signed more than two weeks ago so why has he only had 6 training sessions?

PC has said from beginning he goes with the sports scientists and what they say regarding loading on a player. No idea if that’s the reason or not 👍

Hoping Pröper starts and he’s the improvement we’ve been looking for.

Other then that I’m quietly confident Jefte and Cerny improves our attacking and we’ll comfortably win this one.

Reckon we will go with the same starting 11 as Kyiv bar Pröpper coming in for Balogun. Černý, Jefté and Sterling getting a decent amount of minutes from 60 onwards, couple of early goals setting us up for 4-0. Would be nice to see Danilo getting some minutes today. Cracking team performance and scoreline sets us up nicely for Tuesday.